Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Travel Packages [** Discontinued Jan 19, 2022 **]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 3, 2019, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
FAQ from Jan 19/22 email from Marriott:

Can I Still Order Travel Package Awards?

Information on Marriott Bonvoy® Travel Packages
No. Due to varying factors such as low volume in demand, we are no longer selling Travel Package Awards as of January 19, 2022.

Q: What happens to the Travel Package Award I already have in my Account?

If you have a Travel Package Award attached to an existing Reservation, rest assured, we will be honoring your stay and no additional action is required.

Please Note:
The airline miles portion of the Travel Package Award was deposited to you at the time of purchase of the Travel Package Award and, therefore, will not be refunded.

Q: What happens if I need to modify or cancel my Travel Package Award redemption Reservation after March 2, 2022?

If you modify or cancel a Redemption Reservation that has a Travel Package Award attached to it after March 2, 2022, you must contact Member Support to cancel the Travel Package Award, after which you will receive a full Marriott Bonvoy® Point refund for the Hotel portion of the Award. Please visit https://www.marriott.com/help/loyalt...mer-support.mi to find the appropriate Member Support phone number based on your geographic location.

Q: How many Points will I be refunded?

Members will receive a full Marriott Bonvoy® Points refund for the Hotel portion of the Travel Package Award. The refund will be based on the current Points redemption category levels and will equal the sum of the Peak Points Redemption Rate per each Night of the Travel Package Award, at the highest category for which the Award was eligible. The airline miles portion of the Travel Package Award was deposited to you at the time of purchase of the Travel Package Award and, therefore, will not be refunded.

Print Wikipost

Marriott Travel Packages [** Discontinued Jan 19, 2022 **]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2019, 12:01 am

Hi,

I attached a 7 night cert to a 7 night stay. However, I plan on staying only 5 nights.
The last two nights I will be staying elsewhere.

Is there any reason I should call in and drop the last 2 nights from my reservation?
Old Oct 7, 2019, 12:43 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by slicedbread
I am also having a lot of trouble redeeming the 7-night certificates.

Was looking to book 2 concurrent rooms with 7nighter, let me detail my on-going saga:

Legend:
L1: Regular reservations line
L2: Bonvoy Agent
L3: Support person? They always seem to have to escalate

Day 1
Room1 booked successfully - cert attached by L2 --> L3
L2 says they're unable to do Room2 because of system errors, advised to call back

Day 2
Call in and request for L2 transfer, L1 insists on helping, they claim its done, me not knowing better ok's and hangs up. 7N cert looks to be consumed, and nowhere to be seen on Room2.

HUCA, L2 agent says it was done incorrectly and much time later, Room2 now reflects with certificate attached (but with rendering inconsistencies as the specific night cost listings did not reflect e-cert payment, though the overall booking had thee-cert banner at the top)

Paranoid me, logs in 30mins later and Room2 no longer has the e-cert...back to sq1

Day 3
L2 agent can see the cert meant for Room2 but is attached to indeterminate booking. She couldn't action anything due to numerous errors on their systems. Advised to call back.

Edit: Online Agent advised certificate is attached to Room2, but since it was "floated" ie. attached/re-attached there is a front end display bug - ETA for fix 2 weeks.
Since the peak/off peak implementation, it seems there were issues attaching the e-certs properly for legacy 7N TP.
If you don't have immediate use for these certs, I suggest you wait until Marriott IT fix their own crap.

From what I had heard (I also had issues), when I called multiple time previously, Marriott is internally gutting the old system and integrating into the new.
It seems the new system isn't capable of redeeming the 7N TP cert yet..
Old Oct 7, 2019, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by Travelchurner
Hi,

I attached a 7 night cert to a 7 night stay. However, I plan on staying only 5 nights.
The last two nights I will be staying elsewhere.

Is there any reason I should call in and drop the last 2 nights from my reservation?
Not particularly, but it depends on what you want to do.

If you leave the reservation as it is, and simply don't stay the last two nights, you'll still get credit toward elite status for a seven-night stay,

If you tell the hotel on the 5th day that you'll be checking out early the next morning, it would give them a chance to rent the rooms (again) for the last two nights.

I would NOT change the reservation in advance, since the way Marriott's system is messed up it could cause the certificate to come unattached and cause problems with your reservation. You don't want to be faced with paying for the five nights, after all.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 9:06 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Counsellor
If you tell the hotel on the 5th day that you'll be checking out early the next morning, it would give them a chance to rent the rooms (again) for the last two nights.
I think some hotels charge early checkout penalties so you may not want to do this. Just leave after 5 days and they will assume you left without checking out at reception on the 7th day.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 9:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
So is the answer to "can converted NCs be extended a further year?", a big who knows- just call and ask?
Old Oct 9, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
Some people say yes, some say no. So yes, just call and ask. If you don't like the answer, HUCA.
kgkg and Enigma368 like this.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: United 1P
Originally Posted by Enigma368
So is the answer to "can converted NCs be extended a further year?", a big who knows- just call and ask?
Please report back when you find an answer. Thank you!
Old Oct 16, 2019, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Enigma368
Marriott's Corporate Liaison, Office of Consumer Affairs called me about a problem I was having attaching, once again, one of my NC that had to be pushed that far up the chain after I email a set of the executives.

Anyway she was pretty clear after conversion the travel packages could only be extended once. I ask because I have 2 NCs, both converted March '19, the one I was having a problem with that needed to be extended for a reservation in July '20. That one I had made a 'placeholder' points booking which had changed categories without notice before I attached the certificate. The second package I wouldn't be able to use before March '20. She said one extension after the conversion was permitted, a CSR supervisor had told me the same a few days earlier. Thus I'm sure, at least currently, you have 2 years from conversion to NC to use the 7 nights. In my case that means March '21 if I extend in March '20.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: Sapphire Preferred - UA
Question Reaching out for some clarification/assistance.

Before the merger, I snagged a Category 7 TP as evidenced below.

Description: 7 Night Travel Package Category 7 Hotels
Reward code: 910T
Valid through: Saturday, August 17, 2019
Total points redeemed: 330,000
Confirmed on: Friday, August 17, 2018
Description: Total points redeemed:
7 Night Travel Package Category 7 Hotels
Reward certificate number: XXXXX736

Since we weren't able to travel prior to the original expiration date, we had to get it extended as seen below. I feel like i may have missed out on some value with this move after reading through this forum. I vividly telling my GF that i felt like the rep was pushing me take the extension/downgrade.

DESCRIPTION: PARTIAL PACKAGE - 7 NIGHTS CATEGORY 5
REWARD CODE: QP91
VALID THROUGH: Wednesday, March 4, 2020
TOTAL POINTS REDEEMED: 105,000
CONFIRMED ON: Monday, March 4, 2019
DESCRIPTION: TOTAL POINTS REDEEMED:
PARTIAL PACKAGE - 7 NIGHTS CATEGORY 5
REWARD CERTIFICATE NUMBER: XXXXX930

Is there any chance that I can use this certificate at a Category 6 hotel that has "PointsSavers" pricing for the week we'd like to travel? Technically, with the PointSavers opportunity the total points needed falls under the value of the Cat 5 TP. This assumes that Cat 5 = 40k/night x 7 nights = 280,000 Bonvoy Points. I could be way over my head here with this assumption.

Just a noob here searching for the light! Thanks for the help/clarification in advance.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by djarowoi
Before the merger, I snagged a Category 7 TP as evidenced below.

Description: 7 Night Travel Package Category 7 Hotels
Reward code: 910T
Valid through: Saturday, August 17, 2019
Total points redeemed: 330,000
Confirmed on: Friday, August 17, 2018
Description: Total points redeemed:
7 Night Travel Package Category 7 Hotels
Reward certificate number: XXXXX736

Since we weren't able to travel prior to the original expiration date, we had to get it extended as seen below. I feel like i may have missed out on some value with this move after reading through this forum. I vividly telling my GF that i felt like the rep was pushing me take the extension/downgrade.

DESCRIPTION: PARTIAL PACKAGE - 7 NIGHTS CATEGORY 5
REWARD CODE: QP91
VALID THROUGH: Wednesday, March 4, 2020
TOTAL POINTS REDEEMED: 105,000
CONFIRMED ON: Monday, March 4, 2019
DESCRIPTION: TOTAL POINTS REDEEMED:
PARTIAL PACKAGE - 7 NIGHTS CATEGORY 5
REWARD CERTIFICATE NUMBER: XXXXX930

Is there any chance that I can use this certificate at a Category 6 hotel that has "PointsSavers" pricing for the week we'd like to travel? Technically, with the PointSavers opportunity the total points needed falls under the value of the Cat 5 TP. This assumes that Cat 5 = 40k/night x 7 nights = 280,000 Bonvoy Points. I could be way over my head here with this assumption.

Just a noob here searching for the light! Thanks for the help/clarification in advance.
The Travel Packages work on the category the hotel is in not the points per night redemption rate. Both in my post immediately above and the Marriott lurker in the wiki note these 7 night certificates are not effected by either peak or off peak points. If they were one peak night would cancel that set of nights availability for use with the certificate. We have to hope that doesn’t happen.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 10:09 am

Programs: Sapphire Preferred - UA
Originally Posted by Ripley62
The Travel Packages work on the category the hotel is in not the points per night redemption rate. Both in my post immediately above and the Marriott lurker in the wiki note these 7 night certificates are not effected by either peak or off peak points. If they were one peak night would cancel that set of nights availability for use with the certificate. We have to hope that doesn’t happen.
Thank you sir. Figured I'd try. This might be the inappropiate forum but in your eyes... are there any category 5 hotels you recommend?
Old Oct 17, 2019, 11:06 am

Thank you sir. Figured I'd try. This might be the inappropiate forum but in your eyes... are there any category 5 hotels you recommend?
Marriott has made them much more difficult to use and there aren’t many Category 5 hotels I want to stay 7 nights in. But it does depend on what you like.
One of the best just moved to Cat 6, without notice, on Oct 1st. Luckily I’d made a ‘placeholder’ reservation with points before but hadn’t attached a certificate. That was the reason I was in contact with the consumer affairs office.

I’m struggling to find one for my third and final package, I’m very glad I upgraded to Cat 5. I’m not sure I’d find a Cat 4. Eliminating the partial refund value was a horrible change. Especially since it was done without notification to holder of existing certificates.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I highly recommend the JW Emerald Bay in Phu Quoc. It's a cat 5 and is often at $400+/night.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 12:22 pm

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
As I never used TRavelpackage before, i have no experience how it works.
I want to gift it to my parents in law. Can I apply their Bonvoy Number to the reservation or will they get benefits according to my status?
Old Oct 23, 2019, 4:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Originally Posted by tom-schmitt
As I never used TRavelpackage before, i have no experience how it works.
I want to gift it to my parents in law. Can I apply their Bonvoy Number to the reservation or will they get benefits according to my status?
You can gift the seven night certificate by calling Marriott customer service, however they won’t get benefits based on your status. They might get benefit based on their own respective status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.