Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Travel Packages [** Discontinued Jan 19, 2022 **]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 3, 2019, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
FAQ from Jan 19/22 email from Marriott:

Can I Still Order Travel Package Awards?

Information on Marriott Bonvoy® Travel Packages
No. Due to varying factors such as low volume in demand, we are no longer selling Travel Package Awards as of January 19, 2022.

Q: What happens to the Travel Package Award I already have in my Account?

If you have a Travel Package Award attached to an existing Reservation, rest assured, we will be honoring your stay and no additional action is required.

Please Note:
The airline miles portion of the Travel Package Award was deposited to you at the time of purchase of the Travel Package Award and, therefore, will not be refunded.

Q: What happens if I need to modify or cancel my Travel Package Award redemption Reservation after March 2, 2022?

If you modify or cancel a Redemption Reservation that has a Travel Package Award attached to it after March 2, 2022, you must contact Member Support to cancel the Travel Package Award, after which you will receive a full Marriott Bonvoy® Point refund for the Hotel portion of the Award. Please visit https://www.marriott.com/help/loyalt...mer-support.mi to find the appropriate Member Support phone number based on your geographic location.

Q: How many Points will I be refunded?

Members will receive a full Marriott Bonvoy® Points refund for the Hotel portion of the Travel Package Award. The refund will be based on the current Points redemption category levels and will equal the sum of the Peak Points Redemption Rate per each Night of the Travel Package Award, at the highest category for which the Award was eligible. The airline miles portion of the Travel Package Award was deposited to you at the time of purchase of the Travel Package Award and, therefore, will not be refunded.

Print Wikipost

Marriott Travel Packages [** Discontinued Jan 19, 2022 **]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2021, 9:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
So glad TP are being extended to June!! Still not sure if I will be able to use it by then, hoping for one more extension lol... I was going to do a Mattress run with them in the last week too to earn nights for 2022. phew!
also, i thought the option to convert them back into points was no longer available?

Ideally, marriott will convert these TP certs into max Pts for post march. So i have a cat 6 (50k) cert, and to book 7nts would cost 300k. so marriott would give 300k! Highly doubt it, but you never know. I dont think theres that many of these TP certs left in the system anyways so they might just bite the bullet. wishful thinking
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by zzrayzz
So glad TP are being extended to June!! Still not sure if I will be able to use it by then, hoping for one more extension lol... I was going to do a Mattress run with them in the last week too to earn nights for 2022. phew!
also, i thought the option to convert them back into points was no longer available?

Ideally, marriott will convert these TP certs into max Pts for post march. So i have a cat 6 (50k) cert, and to book 7nts would cost 300k. so marriott would give 300k! Highly doubt it, but you never know. I dont think theres that many of these TP certs left in the system anyways so they might just bite the bullet. wishful thinking
And how many airline miles did you get in addition to the TP cert?
SPN Lifer and Happy like this.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 3:41 am

I can’t see this per se, I can however see a situation where the package is still locked into 7 nights and carries the peak value of the category it was previously held in, so 300k in your example, with the option to add additional points to it. Arguably this flexibility may make these TP’s temporarily more valuable for a period. Alternatively the cap will remain and you can only use them on 7 night (or less if they unlock the 7 night rule) stays at 300k or less.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 7:44 am

Perhaps Marriott thinks that ideally you would USE the certificates instead of hoping they'll be extended yet again. These were supposed to have been used years ago!
SPN Lifer, cruisr and pazza2000 like this.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 8:05 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Counsellor
Perhaps Marriott thinks that ideally you would USE the certificates instead of hoping they'll be extended yet again. These were supposed to have been used years ago!
When and how they were supposed to be used remains largely up to Marriott. That was the case when Marriott played games over how it mapped category conversions for already issued certificates; and that remains the case in how and when Marriott pushed out expiration dates for certificates even post-categorization conversions. But at some point, Marriott will further Bonvoy the customers — perhaps myself included — with these travel package certificates still available to use up prior to c. January 3, 2022. So best to get them used up sooner than later if not wanting to risk getting Bonvoyed by Marriott.

Marriott’s been extending these package cents not out of the goodness of its heart as much as out of a recognition that it’s a way to try to keep the program customers on the hamster wheel for longer than would be the case if just wiping out the customers’ awards and balances.
Counsellor likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some posters in the main extension thread reported their FNs and SNAs are already extended.

One of the posters is Titanium. May be the system is designed to go by the sequences of status tier?

I used all my FNs and SNA in a 2 weeks trip to France in 2nd half of Oct. Still have 1 Cat 4 TP cert remaining. I was going to use it between Nov and Dec, and the several FNs in my husband's account. I am grateful now we could use them in 1st half of 2022.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 7:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
My SNAs have been extended to June 30 but travel packages and 35k FNs are not. I am a titanium.

Originally Posted by Happy
Some posters in the main extension thread reported their FNs and SNAs are already extended.

One of the posters is Titanium. May be the system is designed to go by the sequences of status tier?

I used all my FNs and SNA in a 2 weeks trip to France in 2nd half of Oct. Still have 1 Cat 4 TP cert remaining. I was going to use it between Nov and Dec, and the several FNs in my husband's account. I am grateful now we could use them in 1st half of 2022.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by Cana2013
My SNAs have been extended to June 30 but travel packages and 35k FNs are not. I am a titanium.
Likewise.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by Counsellor
You may find it interesting to note that unofficially although widely recognised as a standard, Marriott will allow a one time extension of these TP’s and like many others I’ve yet to request that extension. If a TP was ordered in 2018 it was auto extended in 2019’s category changes and then it’s been auto extended since ‘20 and rightfully so as a result of the still ongoing situation. A week’s TP is both more complex to book and use than a FNA and debatably some of us are still due that one time extension although I accept you could argue that 2019’s auto extension could fairly be classed as this.
medellinfein likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 2:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by pazza2000
You may find it interesting to note that unofficially although widely recognised as a standard, Marriott will allow a one time extension of these TP’s and like many others I’ve yet to request that extension. If a TP was ordered in 2018 it was auto extended in 2019’s category changes and then it’s been auto extended since ‘20 and rightfully so as a result of the still ongoing situation. A week’s TP is both more complex to book and use than a FNA and debatably some of us are still due that one time extension although I accept you could argue that 2019’s auto extension could fairly be classed as this.
There's a post (a few posts up) where the person was able to extend their TP for another year. So I am hopeful and havent used my 'one-time extension' yet either.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
I am using my Cat 1-4 cert next week at a property that is going for $275.00 per night so I am fine with that redemption. i cannot even remember when I bought this package it was sooooo long ago.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 5:26 am

There's a post (a few posts up) where the person was able to extend their TP for another year. So I am hopeful and havent used my 'one-time extension' yet either.
Yes likewise it seems relatively easy to get that now and so I’m wondering if I should gamble asking for it later or do so now. I was expecting this extension however I do feel it could be our last.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 1:00 am

All my travel packages in my account have been extended to June 30 2022!
GUWonder likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 3:09 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by extremeromance
All my travel packages in my account have been extended to June 30 2022!
Thanks for the update.

Checked too. Same for me and all the accounts I checked. For me, this covers a couple of weeks of ski trip accommodations into spring 2022.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 4:54 am

As have mine! Here is to the next extension 👍
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.