Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Travel Packages [** Discontinued Jan 19, 2022 **]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 3, 2019, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
FAQ from Jan 19/22 email from Marriott:

Can I Still Order Travel Package Awards?

Information on Marriott Bonvoy® Travel Packages
No. Due to varying factors such as low volume in demand, we are no longer selling Travel Package Awards as of January 19, 2022.

Q: What happens to the Travel Package Award I already have in my Account?

If you have a Travel Package Award attached to an existing Reservation, rest assured, we will be honoring your stay and no additional action is required.

Please Note:
The airline miles portion of the Travel Package Award was deposited to you at the time of purchase of the Travel Package Award and, therefore, will not be refunded.

Q: What happens if I need to modify or cancel my Travel Package Award redemption Reservation after March 2, 2022?

If you modify or cancel a Redemption Reservation that has a Travel Package Award attached to it after March 2, 2022, you must contact Member Support to cancel the Travel Package Award, after which you will receive a full Marriott Bonvoy® Point refund for the Hotel portion of the Award. Please visit https://www.marriott.com/help/loyalt...mer-support.mi to find the appropriate Member Support phone number based on your geographic location.

Q: How many Points will I be refunded?

Members will receive a full Marriott Bonvoy® Points refund for the Hotel portion of the Travel Package Award. The refund will be based on the current Points redemption category levels and will equal the sum of the Peak Points Redemption Rate per each Night of the Travel Package Award, at the highest category for which the Award was eligible. The airline miles portion of the Travel Package Award was deposited to you at the time of purchase of the Travel Package Award and, therefore, will not be refunded.

Print Wikipost

Marriott Travel Packages [** Discontinued Jan 19, 2022 **]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2021, 12:36 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, VSE/MVC Chairman's Club
If a property has more than one room type available to book with points, I assume that the travel package books into the lowest one -- can you pay the extra points/night to book one of the higher room types?
Old Apr 29, 2021, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by YYJMSP
If a property has more than one room type available to book with points, I assume that the travel package books into the lowest one -- can you pay the extra points/night to book one of the higher room types?
similar to individual free night certs, most likely not.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 1:21 pm
Suspended
Original Poster
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by YYJMSP
After you book your point/TP stay, contact hotel directly. They should be able to give you some options to upgrade. Marriott central reservation can't do anything.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by UsernameChuck
Frequent Miler reports that they'll be extended to Jan 2022!
https://frequentmiler.com/good-news-...es-and-points/
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Great news, pleased to see a little more notice also.
exactly. we were all expecting this to happen. nice to see marriott didnt wait until june/july. however, im pretty sure this is the last time. almost no way another 6mo ext will be applied after 2022 now that travel shotgun recoil reversal comeback is out. looks like i better start booking ASAP.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by GundamWing01
exactly. we were all expecting this to happen. nice to see marriott didnt wait until june/july. however, im pretty sure this is the last time. almost no way another 6mo ext will be applied after 2022 now that travel shotgun recoil reversal comeback is out. looks like i better start booking ASAP.
How is there “almost no way” of a further extension? The rebound is largely in the US only! Per day, we are seeing more cases now globally than ever, and daily death records are also being recorded in a number of markets also. Here in the U.K. as of today, it is illegal for hotels to open to leisure travellers, the majority still remain closed. I hope for my sake Marriott takes a more global outlook than yourself 😉
nacho and GundamWing01 like this.

Last edited by pazza2000; Apr 30, 2021 at 5:04 am
Old Apr 30, 2021, 3:47 am

How is there “almost no way” of a further extension? The rebound is largely in the US only! Per day, we are seeing more cases now globally than ever, and daily death records are also being recorded a number of markets also. Here in the U.K. as of today, it is illegal for hotels to open to leisure travellers, the majority still remain closed. I hope for my sake Marriott takes a more global outlook than yourself 😉
yea. i see what youre saying. same issue with their massive china market. yet marriott still launched its global promo and taking its sweet time to extend FNCs and TPs in tiny 6mo increments. clearly the UK market is still TBD until May 17th, but who knows what will happen after that. marriott should have extended to 2022 long ago. furthermore, marriott managed to make things confusing by mentioning something stupid about non-qualifying original 2020 expiration dates which nobody could figure out.

this clearly indicates that marriott is hating these extensions and wants to offload all this liability in their books. their dream would be to increase all hotel categories to level 11 in which case all certs would be rendered useless.
Old May 3, 2021, 2:28 am

Does a stay have to be commenced or completed by the Travel Package expiry date?
Old May 3, 2021, 6:22 am

Does a stay have to be commenced or completed by the Travel Package expiry date?
It has to be completed by the expiration date.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old May 3, 2021, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by tth6133
It has to be completed by the expiration date.
Damn! I thought as much. Frustrating as I have some tentative travel plans over New Year than could commence before the expiry date however not be complete by. Here is hoping for a further extension then
Old May 3, 2021, 10:00 am

Deleted

…deleted…

Last edited by pazza2000; May 3, 2021 at 10:01 am Reason: Duplicate
Old May 6, 2021, 9:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold - cheapass economy flyer!
Has anyone seen a change to their fnc or travel package cert? The days on mine are unchanged...
Old May 6, 2021, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Has anyone seen a change to their fnc or travel package cert? The days on mine are unchanged...
Mine are unchanged as well. IIRC, the announcement was at some time in the future the certs will be updated with the new expiration.
Old May 6, 2021, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Anyone with recent data points on a new TP with air miles deposited to United?

It has been well over 24 hours, and I haven't seen them post to my United account yet.
Old May 6, 2021, 5:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold - cheapass economy flyer!
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Mine are unchanged as well. IIRC, the announcement was at some time in the future the certs will be updated with the new expiration.
I believe they said today, 5/6.
Old May 7, 2021, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goodeats21
I believe they said today, 5/6.
Just checked. Must have updated them overnight.
Mine are now showing 1/3/2022

SNA did not get extended. Still showing 12/31/2021

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.