Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Travel Packages [** Discontinued Jan 19, 2022 **]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 3, 2019, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
FAQ from Jan 19/22 email from Marriott:

Can I Still Order Travel Package Awards?

Information on Marriott Bonvoy® Travel Packages
No. Due to varying factors such as low volume in demand, we are no longer selling Travel Package Awards as of January 19, 2022.

Q: What happens to the Travel Package Award I already have in my Account?

If you have a Travel Package Award attached to an existing Reservation, rest assured, we will be honoring your stay and no additional action is required.

Please Note:
The airline miles portion of the Travel Package Award was deposited to you at the time of purchase of the Travel Package Award and, therefore, will not be refunded.

Q: What happens if I need to modify or cancel my Travel Package Award redemption Reservation after March 2, 2022?

If you modify or cancel a Redemption Reservation that has a Travel Package Award attached to it after March 2, 2022, you must contact Member Support to cancel the Travel Package Award, after which you will receive a full Marriott Bonvoy® Point refund for the Hotel portion of the Award. Please visit https://www.marriott.com/help/loyalt...mer-support.mi to find the appropriate Member Support phone number based on your geographic location.

Q: How many Points will I be refunded?

Members will receive a full Marriott Bonvoy® Points refund for the Hotel portion of the Travel Package Award. The refund will be based on the current Points redemption category levels and will equal the sum of the Peak Points Redemption Rate per each Night of the Travel Package Award, at the highest category for which the Award was eligible. The airline miles portion of the Travel Package Award was deposited to you at the time of purchase of the Travel Package Award and, therefore, will not be refunded.

Print Wikipost

Marriott Travel Packages [** Discontinued Jan 19, 2022 **]

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2020, 10:21 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
This makes sense, as they are no longer issuing new Travel Package certificates.
Is there recent news of Marriott not 'selling' Travel Packages, the new ones available since the merger just offered less flexibility, fewer airline miles and cost more Marriott points.

the agent I spoke to yesterday certainly was familiar with TPs. Though I wouldn’t buy one now.
Old May 31, 2020, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
From your link, I apparently misunderstood or had an erroneous recollection from upthread.

I have struck through my mistaken comment in Post # 569. Thank you.

I have not personally redeemed Travel Packages since the summers of 2016 and 2017.

If Marriott Bonv°y could get their act together, I might possibly be interested in redeeming another one. I have plenty of points.

This would provide additional incentive to regain Titanium Elite status and RewardsPlus eligibility.

Last edited by SPN Lifer; May 31, 2020 at 11:37 pm
Old Jun 1, 2020, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by Ripley62
Yesterday I call the regular Titanium number and detached two TPs from two different reservations. Both TPs were back in my account with an expiration date of 1/15/21. Odd that it was not 1/31/21. The one reservation was for Hawaii, Westin Hapuna Beach, in mid July. The other for Madrid in November.

I had made a points booking a month ago for the Hapuna Beach in January as a place holder in case the July was a no go. The agent attached my one TP and refunded the points from the points booking. No problems.

My TPs have been jinx I never had an initial call about a TP that I haven’t had to call back and fix problems with a long call to a supervisor or even higher up the Marriott chain. The CSR I talked Yesterday to was by far the best non-supervisor and better than most of the supervisors I’ve spoken to since I’ve been dealing with this set of TPs. I originally had three in this batch.

I’d suggest if the property increased in category I’d try to move the reservation at the property end instead of Marriott.
Any advice on how to get in touch with this CSR, or someone just as capable? My luck with doing similar has not been the same. Need to call again to detach two that were ‘manually’ attached
Old Jun 1, 2020, 5:56 am

Programs: AA, Delta, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Any advice on how to get in touch with this CSR, or someone just as capable? My luck with doing similar has not been the same. Need to call again to detach two that were ‘manually’ attached
I wish I did have a way to get in touch with her. she could only give me her first name with no contact information other than the titanium line.

to illustrate the problems I’ve had, the reservation I just canceled When I booked it to resolve what should have been simple change I had to resort to emailing David Fluek , Marriott's Senior VP for Loyalty. An executive in the office of consumer relations called me back and fixed my problem which was switching a points reservation for the certificate. the number of problem have had a benefit, or at least Marriott has tried to compensate for the difficulty with these things and I ended up with using one certificate that originally was a Cat 4, I had 3 in this batch, at a Cat 5 property last year and these two are now cat 6. They only changed me 5k each for the increases.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 8:23 am

Any recent data points of making or cancelling a stay with a Trav Pkg lately? I made a cancellation recently, the Trav Pkg was not returned and 5k points were credited to my account. It was quickly resolved the following day however and the Pkg shows back in my account as a 5k debit and value vs the normal 105k+ thats normally listed beside it! (hopefully that won’t lead to any issues when coming to redeeming again)
Old Jun 29, 2020, 10:04 am

Programs: UA, AS
Any recent data points of making or cancelling a stay with a Trav Pkg lately? I made a cancellation recently, the Trav Pkg was not returned and 5k points were credited to my account. It was quickly resolved the following day however and the Pkg shows back in my account as a 5k debit and value vs the normal 105k+ thats normally listed beside it! (hopefully that won’t lead to any issues when coming to redeeming again)
Something similar happened to me in Feb. when I extended a TP. 5k showed up for maybe a day and then it changed to 105k. How long ago was this? Is it still showing 5k? My feeling was the 5k was probably for the new Hotel Cert that goes with a new TP. Tied to new cert restrictions, no points back for cancelling, no exchanges, etc. Is your cert extended for a year? So long as the description is correct (cat 5, 7 nights, expiration date, etc.) it should be okay.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by skimthetrees
Something similar happened to me in Feb. when I extended a TP. 5k showed up for maybe a day and then it changed to 105k. How long ago was this? Is it still showing 5k? My feeling was the 5k was probably for the new Hotel Cert that goes with a new TP. Tied to new cert restrictions, no points back for cancelling, no exchanges, etc. Is your cert extended for a year? So long as the description is correct (cat 5, 7 nights, expiration date, etc.) it should be okay.
Yes description is all good, just shows a 5k value beside it vs for eg. 105k/165k, and a new expiry date in a years time, so arguably a better result.

On a different note, here is hoping the other TP’s exp in January see a further extension.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 1:38 pm

Programs: BAEC, Mileage Plus, Aeroplan, SPG
Wondering if its possible to book a TP from my account but provide my SO's Airline FF # for the airlines miles to get credited there? Don't know how strict that process is. Considering this for either AA/CX/SQ programs. Anyone have any dp's if this would work?
Old Jul 10, 2020, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR Ambassador, HH Gold
Originally Posted by aba_bab
Wondering if its possible to book a TP from my account but provide my SO's Airline FF # for the airlines miles to get credited there? Don't know how strict that process is. Considering this for either AA/CX/SQ programs. Anyone have any dp's if this would work?
This has not worked in the past. I doubt it will work now. Haven't seen a DP on it with the new packages.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 5:38 am

...are many still purchasing TP’s at the new price?
Old Jul 12, 2020, 2:11 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
...are many still purchasing TP’s at the new price?
I am thinking about 7-nights package for category 1-4 plus 100K AA miles - any input!
Old Jul 12, 2020, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by Kalboz
I am thinking about 7-nights package for category 1-4 plus 100K AA miles - any input!
i would only buy it for a specific use. Some cat 4s in Asia are still an amazing value. On the flip side, if you need the AA miles, then the certificate may be a cheap(er) week of stay somewhere. Again, specific use would be the best. I would not purchase and hold and pray for extension on the certificate.
Counsellor likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 2:38 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by myperks
i would only buy it for a specific use. Some cat 4s in Asia are still an amazing value. On the flip side, if you need the AA miles, then the certificate may be a cheap(er) week of stay somewhere. Again, specific use would be the best. I would not purchase and hold and pray for extension on the certificate.
No purchase & hold plan here ... but of course it all depends on the COVID developments.

We getting the 7-nights package for the kids' room as we (the missus and me) book straight up suite or a room where we know we will get an upgrade for certain. Also, most of our miles are with our robust AA account, and thus it make sense to top off with AA rather than getting 10% extra with the anemic-balance UA account.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by Kalboz
I guess during a Marriott to Miles Bonus promo it can still make sense! I am actually holding out for an >AA transfer bonus myself.
Kalboz likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 11:49 am

Has anyone been able to convert an QPxx (post-merger converted partial package) travel certificate for a one with higher category? I currently have a category 6 one that I want to convert to category 7.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.