Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Travel Packages [** Discontinued Jan 19, 2022 **]

Old Sep 3, 2019, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
FAQ from Jan 19/22 email from Marriott:

Can I Still Order Travel Package Awards?

Information on Marriott Bonvoy Travel Packages
No. Due to varying factors such as low volume in demand, we are no longer selling Travel Package Awards as of January 19, 2022.

Q: What happens to the Travel Package Award I already have in my Account?

If you have a Travel Package Award attached to an existing Reservation, rest assured, we will be honoring your stay and no additional action is required.

Please Note:
The airline miles portion of the Travel Package Award was deposited to you at the time of purchase of the Travel Package Award and, therefore, will not be refunded.

Q: What happens if I need to modify or cancel my Travel Package Award redemption Reservation after March 2, 2022?

If you modify or cancel a Redemption Reservation that has a Travel Package Award attached to it after March 2, 2022, you must contact Member Support to cancel the Travel Package Award, after which you will receive a full Marriott Bonvoy Point refund for the Hotel portion of the Award. Please visit https://www.marriott.com/help/loyalt...mer-support.mi to find the appropriate Member Support phone number based on your geographic location.

Q: How many Points will I be refunded?

Members will receive a full Marriott Bonvoy Points refund for the Hotel portion of the Travel Package Award. The refund will be based on the current Points redemption category levels and will equal the sum of the Peak Points Redemption Rate per each Night of the Travel Package Award, at the highest category for which the Award was eligible. The airline miles portion of the Travel Package Award was deposited to you at the time of purchase of the Travel Package Award and, therefore, will not be refunded.

Print Wikipost

Marriott Travel Packages [** Discontinued Jan 19, 2022 **]

Old Apr 5, 2020, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Mine still have a July 20 exp date.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jamflyer
My certs now have a 3/1/2021 expiration date
3/1/21? That's not what Marriott said ... wasn't it 1/31/2? What kind of cert? Mine still show August expiry.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My certs now have a 3/1/2021 expiration date
Was yours being done thru calling BonVoy or it automatically shows up with new date?

3/1/2021 is later than the initial 1/31/2021 date on the published policy.
atojbk likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 7:16 am
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Originally Posted by cfischer
3/1/21? That's not what Marriott said ... wasn't it 1/31/2? What kind of cert? Mine still show August expiry.
Its the free night certs from the credit card (I have a business and a personal card)

Originally Posted by Happy
Was yours being done thru calling BonVoy or it automatically shows up with new date?
Showed up automatically. My certs actually disappeared for a few days and when they finally showed up its with the extended expiration date.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 11:02 am

Its the free night certs from the credit card (I have a business and a personal card).
Those credit card free night certs are valid for one year so may have been issued in March of this year. I have one issued last month that expires 03/27/2021
Old Apr 7, 2020, 5:32 am
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Originally Posted by Counsellor
Those credit card free night certs are valid for one year so may have been issued in March of this year. I have one issued last month that expires 03/27/2021
Previous expiration date was June 2020.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 6:52 pm

My Ritz Cert still not showing updated expiration date. When will they be updated?
Old Apr 7, 2020, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
All my TP certs still have 2020 expiration dates and havent been adjusted. Maybe they are adjusting them in chronological order of original expiration date but it could just as well be something else.
Yes. MR said theyre starting with cert that expire early. Some info in the wiki
Old Apr 7, 2020, 9:02 pm

I've got an already extended once cert that expires 4/26. Cutting down the wire
Old Apr 7, 2020, 11:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by atojbk
I've got an already extended once cert that expires 4/26. Cutting down the wire
Are these definitely going to be extended? I have one that expires in 2 months.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 8:24 am

Likewise, wondering if these will be auto extended? Would hate to take up an agents time in this present period to have it manually processed.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 11:35 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond
You can cancel TP without calling in now. They changed fixed it now and the e-cert will go back directly to your account, it used to be 5000 points and your TP certificate would disappear. Mine has a expiration Sept 2020, already extended twice from 2018, so waiting for another extension to 2021. Status chasers, no point of staying this year, since they announced they will extend current status to Feb 2022, so save your TP for 2021 if you get the extension, that is when earning will count.
Happy and pazza2000 like this.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by justned
You can cancel TP without calling in now. They changed fixed it now and the e-cert will go back directly to your account, it used to be 5000 points and your TP certificate would disappear. Mine has a expiration Sept 2020, already extended twice from 2018, so waiting for another extension to 2021. Status chasers, no point of staying this year, since they announced they will extend current status to Feb 2022, so save your TP for 2021 if you get the extension, that is when earning will count.
You can now cancel a reservation with a TP attached to it online now and the TP will automatically credit back to your account?
Old Apr 9, 2020, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pazza2000
You can now cancel a reservation with a TP attached to it online now and the TP will automatically credit back to your account?
Reported by several posters upthread a few weeks ago.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Reported by several posters upthread a few weeks ago.
If so, thats a great improvement! It always prevented me from attaching TPs to tentative reservations that I would then have to call if cancelling to have it manually detached. Odd that they have fixed this down the line when these TPs are probably not so popular and Im guessing they still cant be attached online now when booking?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.