Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Travel Packages [** Discontinued Jan 19, 2022 **]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 3, 2019, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
FAQ from Jan 19/22 email from Marriott:

Can I Still Order Travel Package Awards?

Information on Marriott Bonvoy® Travel Packages
No. Due to varying factors such as low volume in demand, we are no longer selling Travel Package Awards as of January 19, 2022.

Q: What happens to the Travel Package Award I already have in my Account?

If you have a Travel Package Award attached to an existing Reservation, rest assured, we will be honoring your stay and no additional action is required.

Please Note:
The airline miles portion of the Travel Package Award was deposited to you at the time of purchase of the Travel Package Award and, therefore, will not be refunded.

Q: What happens if I need to modify or cancel my Travel Package Award redemption Reservation after March 2, 2022?

If you modify or cancel a Redemption Reservation that has a Travel Package Award attached to it after March 2, 2022, you must contact Member Support to cancel the Travel Package Award, after which you will receive a full Marriott Bonvoy® Point refund for the Hotel portion of the Award. Please visit https://www.marriott.com/help/loyalt...mer-support.mi to find the appropriate Member Support phone number based on your geographic location.

Q: How many Points will I be refunded?

Members will receive a full Marriott Bonvoy® Points refund for the Hotel portion of the Travel Package Award. The refund will be based on the current Points redemption category levels and will equal the sum of the Peak Points Redemption Rate per each Night of the Travel Package Award, at the highest category for which the Award was eligible. The airline miles portion of the Travel Package Award was deposited to you at the time of purchase of the Travel Package Award and, therefore, will not be refunded.

Print Wikipost

Marriott Travel Packages [** Discontinued Jan 19, 2022 **]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2022, 1:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Just checked and saw 210k points added in my account too!
Old Mar 10, 2022, 1:39 pm

Got the email...titled..."Canceled Award Order Confirmation"...and I was like what?! Someone hacked my account and cancelled my reservation?!

And then I saw it was the package...and buried deep in there I see the 210K label still and I was happy to see the 210K deposited into my account. Woohoo!
Old Mar 10, 2022, 1:40 pm

I got the award cancellation e-mail a few minutes ago, but no points have been added to my account. Did you all check your balance right after you got the e-mail?

Edit: the points have been added!
Old Mar 10, 2022, 1:42 pm

DP: I see points posted to my account and the certificate has disappeared. No email confirmation so far. Just check your account!
Old Mar 10, 2022, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
An additional 490K pts to top off my bloated account.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 1:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Got my pts!!!!
Old Mar 10, 2022, 1:57 pm

Points have landed.
We're booked to go to Maldives!
Old Mar 10, 2022, 2:23 pm

Programs: *A "Top 1000 2015", FB Lifetime Plat.; BA Silver; Ma; Hilton Diamond.rriott Gold
Originally Posted by Leedsflyer
I just called to try to get my cert converted. Couldn''t help, but after talking to her supervisor she said that there have been "technical difficulties" but from "Wednesday" conversions should start, but with "millions" to process it will take till sometime next week. For a computer, "millions" shouldn't take that long really, we'll see....
They said "wednesday" and if we take that as "anywhere on earth", then they were 8.5 hours late with me. Happy to have my 210k points :-)
Old Mar 10, 2022, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
I too received an email and confirmed the expect amount of points have been deposited.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 2:27 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
email and points both just arrived here!
Old Mar 10, 2022, 2:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I got the cancellation email but no points in my account yet.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 2:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
When I checked again points were added.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 2:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by senyah
This is confusing, i had two certs applied to two trips, now I have no idea as to which one was canceled. Or how it was even possible to have a cert get canceled when it was attached to a reservation
Possibly the cert was never attached originally. You never know with Marriott's IT system.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 3:01 pm

Points received in full for all of my packages. Likewise the entry references previous stays it was attached and subsequently detached from, oddly - however all is well that ends well.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 3:23 pm

Got them!

Now to figure where to spend it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.