Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Travel Packages [** Discontinued Jan 19, 2022 **]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 3, 2019, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
FAQ from Jan 19/22 email from Marriott:

Can I Still Order Travel Package Awards?

Information on Marriott Bonvoy® Travel Packages
No. Due to varying factors such as low volume in demand, we are no longer selling Travel Package Awards as of January 19, 2022.

Q: What happens to the Travel Package Award I already have in my Account?

If you have a Travel Package Award attached to an existing Reservation, rest assured, we will be honoring your stay and no additional action is required.

Please Note:
The airline miles portion of the Travel Package Award was deposited to you at the time of purchase of the Travel Package Award and, therefore, will not be refunded.

Q: What happens if I need to modify or cancel my Travel Package Award redemption Reservation after March 2, 2022?

If you modify or cancel a Redemption Reservation that has a Travel Package Award attached to it after March 2, 2022, you must contact Member Support to cancel the Travel Package Award, after which you will receive a full Marriott Bonvoy® Point refund for the Hotel portion of the Award. Please visit https://www.marriott.com/help/loyalt...mer-support.mi to find the appropriate Member Support phone number based on your geographic location.

Q: How many Points will I be refunded?

Members will receive a full Marriott Bonvoy® Points refund for the Hotel portion of the Travel Package Award. The refund will be based on the current Points redemption category levels and will equal the sum of the Peak Points Redemption Rate per each Night of the Travel Package Award, at the highest category for which the Award was eligible. The airline miles portion of the Travel Package Award was deposited to you at the time of purchase of the Travel Package Award and, therefore, will not be refunded.

Print Wikipost

Marriott Travel Packages [** Discontinued Jan 19, 2022 **]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2022, 2:15 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Any sign of a conversion yet?
Nothing still from what I've seen.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Nothing still from what I've seen.

Marriott is such a lying company
hipp0 likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 5:35 am

Yes nothing here, would be good to hear they’ve at least started the process (although still not sure how the rebate of points can’t be instant for all)
Old Mar 10, 2022, 8:01 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Yes nothing here, would be good to hear they’ve at least started the process (although still not sure how the rebate of points can’t be instant for all)
Given they managed to disable all the remaining certificates from being used for new reservations, it's pretty obvious to me that they have a ready ability to have a list of the remaining certificate accounts with certificates that are unused/unusable. So they could just take that easily generated/accessible list and deposit the points within a day or two if they wanted to do so. But they could have done that and finished with this 8 days ago too.

Marriott remains on the cheap and greedy route unless and until it changes course very soon.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Given they have disabled all the remaining certificates from being used, it's pretty obvious to me that they have a ready ability to have a list of the remaining certificate accounts with certificates that are unused/unusable. So they could just take that list and deposit the points within a day or two if they wanted to do so. But they could have done that 8 days ago too.
I am very confused by Marriott in this and keep waffling between them being evil vs just incompetent. If they wanted to have the certs disabled, then they likely have a plan and are just incompetent. It would take an extra amount of evil to disable them only for the month running up to deval only to drop the points in at deval +1 day.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 9:43 am

I was going to say it’s maybe worth copying in one of the lurkers, however I have a feeling this is a very much a back end task, that isn’t a priority.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 10:27 am

I was going to say it’s maybe worth copying in one of the lurkers, however I have a feeling this is a very much a back end task, that isn’t a priority.
I suspect we'd just hear the party line again - "there were technical difficulties and we're working on it."
Old Mar 10, 2022, 12:38 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
At what point do we expect Marriott to issue 200 (two hundred) Bonvoy points as a goodwill gesture to loyal members from the inconvenience related to these travel packages conversion?

(I got the 200 points figure above because Marriott offers 750 points in lieu of breakfast so I wanted to be consistent)

Last edited by Youngmiler; Mar 10, 2022 at 12:54 pm
Old Mar 10, 2022, 1:00 pm

Just got an email that an award order was canceled

This is confusing, i had two certs applied to two trips, now I have no idea as to which one was canceled. Or how it was even possible to have a cert get canceled when it was attached to a reservation

Well, at least it is moving, i do see an addition of 210k points in my account

Last edited by senyah; Mar 10, 2022 at 2:12 pm
Old Mar 10, 2022, 1:04 pm

Got the email as well, and points are now in my account. Interestingly, my mobile app shows the cert with the name of the hotel I had once attached and detached the cert to. P2's account is not updated yet, so I guess wait for the email.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 1:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Received my 420k points!

Last edited by Cana2013; Mar 10, 2022 at 1:33 pm
Old Mar 10, 2022, 1:16 pm

Got my 700k!!
Old Mar 10, 2022, 1:20 pm

Points have arrived

Just received 210K added to account for a Cat 4 / 7 nights...app & o/l.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 1:24 pm

Programs: *void
Got the email at 3:18pm ET, saw my 150K points for Cat 1-4, 5 night certs.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 1:31 pm

Incompetence for the win!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.