Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bonvoy 2019 Q3 / Q4 New Promo ?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Apparently some people have received targeted offer for double points for stays of two nights or more..

I didn’t.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
Apparently some people have received targeted offer for double points for stays of two nights or more..

I didn’t.
Not me either.

Oh well. Just starting to book travel for my next set of trips. Guess who's getting nothing....

David
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:52 pm

I’m usually in the boat of what’s the point of earning the status if you’re not going to use it and I have blindly continued to book SPG / Marriott with or without a promo even after I’ve hit my 100+ night. Plus I think Marriott has the best properties in the world thanks largely to legacy SPG.

Sitting at 124 nights and enough spend to hit Ambassador, I’m going to test the waters with Hyatt. I’ve moved my October bookings to Hyatt for their double and triple point promo and I’m doing a 20-night Globalist status challenge. Never thought I’d be that guy but Ambassador status is getting less and less special to me every year and with the weak promo last quarter and no current promo, my business is being moved. $3k-$5k lost by Marriott and if I enjoy Hyatt I’ll probably split Globalist / Titanium in future years instead of pushing 150-175 Marriott nights and Ambassador status.
MDtR-Chicago and DELee like this.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 11:48 pm

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by longtimereader firstimeposter
I’m usually in the boat of what’s the point of earning the status if you’re not going to use it and I have blindly continued to book SPG / Marriott with or without a promo even after I’ve hit my 100+ night. Plus I think Marriott has the best properties in the world thanks largely to legacy SPG.

Sitting at 124 nights and enough spend to hit Ambassador, I’m going to test the waters with Hyatt. I’ve moved my October bookings to Hyatt for their double and triple point promo and I’m doing a 20-night Globalist status challenge. Never thought I’d be that guy but Ambassador status is getting less and less special to me every year and with the weak promo last quarter and no current promo, my business is being moved. $3k-$5k lost by Marriott and if I enjoy Hyatt I’ll probably split Globalist / Titanium in future years instead of pushing 150-175 Marriott nights and Ambassador status.
I find myself in a very similar position, I am staying just as much in hotels as I ever did and Ambassador level is maintained but my overall Marriott nights are going to be quite a bit lower this year, the rest going elsewhere as just fed up with Marriott and their way of doing business and frankly an IT system that tells me its being stubborn half the time, combine that with what seems to be a slow but sure devaluation from even when Bonvoy launched its an easy choice to stay elsewhere. I don't think Marriott get the people who stay 125-200 nights a year generally in the higher cat hotels, its something that has been lost with the merger. Sure people out there will have had different experiences but thats mine and a few people I know!
KRSW likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by longtimereader firstimeposter

How did you go about getting this status match challenge with Hyatt?
Old Sep 25, 2019, 1:47 am

Programs: ex AC SE100K now 75k :-( / Bonvoy Titanium / All Accor Gold/ Avis Presidents Club / National EE
Man and here I thought there was something wrong with my account. Glad to see it’s not only me that is not receiving any offers. I had a peer tell me they got the double night credit offer and they stay way less and pay considerably lower rates than me (given budgets and destinations) so was surprised to not see anything in the last few months.

I typically book maximum a week out and am surprised upgrades are becoming less as well especially at some hotels I’m at that are not overly full.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by Marriott15
How did you go about getting this status match challenge with Hyatt?
I had the opportunity with both a corporate link and through my AA EXP status.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by DELee
Not me either.

Oh well. Just starting to book travel for my next set of trips. Guess who's getting nothing....

David
So, at one point a few years ago, there was talk of people getting promos and others not. I was in the "not" category and called up the plat line (titanium didn't exist yet), and they enrolled me for the promo.

I might try that this time, because I wasn't targeted.

Does anyone know (or might guess) who is being targeted? I'm a titanium with over 100 nights already, so I'll be one next year. Maybe they're going after lower tiers.

But my family *loves* to use my points, so I could alway use more.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Hyatt Globalist has the best top tier benefits in the industry, bar one - hard not to love it once you try it!
Old Sep 25, 2019, 8:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Hyatt Globalist has the best top tier benefits in the industry, bar one - hard not to love it once you try it!
You sure spend a lot of time in the Marriott forum for somebody that has "abandoned Marriott".
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 8:11 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Which one? Accor?
Old Sep 25, 2019, 8:51 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by txpenny
You sure spend a lot of time in the Marriott forum for somebody that has "abandoned Marriott".

The lady doth protest too much. Even Shakespeare got it.

Some who cannot qualify for Ambassador status have moved onto Hyatt since they can still qualify for Globalist status. They often want or need top tier status with some hotel group more than anything—so they won’t srick with Marriott since top tier is so much harder to achieve now.

And Hyatt does offer nice Globalist benefits, even if they aren’t overall as impressive when there isn’t a Hyatt property to be found anywhere within 100 miles of our needed locations!

But the Hyatt Place triple points fall promo doesn’t do so much for most of us anyway.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by BrightlyBob
Which one? Accor?
For Asia and Europe, Accor actually can provide better footprint than Marriott.
That is if you happy with Ibises and Mercures

But to be honest, their recent acquisition of Raffles and Fairmont, did improve their upper luxury offering (more to the Raffles though)

Stay at Raffles Singapore recently and their service really was on the whole different level than St Regis Singapore.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 2:24 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
7 pages in this thread to find out there is actually NOT a Q4 promo (yet?)
KRSW and bhrubin like this.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 2:31 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by clublounger
Good analysis. Fools above confuse the caliber of the program with this promotion. 3 stays of 2 nights each, no matter the rate, earn an additional 120 Euros towards a hotel stay. It's a VERY good promo.
3 stays of 2 nights = 6 nights, bonus 120 EUR so 20 EUR discount per night? Is that correct? If so, then I do not agree it's a very good promo for all situations - I guess it depends if the target during the promo is to stay at Ibis or Raffles, if it's the former then yes I agree with you, but if it's the latter then this promo is not worth much. I would rather take Hilton's 3x and stay at the finest Waldorfs in Q4.

It's been quite a long time since Marriott has had a juicy promo, which is unfortunate. Not that it will drive a big chunk of my business but it might help to have a good one once in a while.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.