Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

New Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Membership Card -Too Funny - Bad Design

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Membership Card -Too Funny - Bad Design

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2019, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Okay, point taken, pockets empty except for my wallet. Never been an issue before. Still prefer to keep my wallet on my person. Never had TSA hassle me about it even at checkpoints where shall we say they are a bit overzealous. I guess I maybe in the minority on keeping my wallet with me rather than putting it in my carry on or backpack when going through security. Each to their own....

--Jon
Old Aug 29, 2019, 6:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Jon Maiman
Okay, point taken, pockets empty except for my wallet. Never been an issue before.
Even before the advent of metal cards, my wallet would set off some detectors because they were set incorrectly and the mag stripes were enough to trigger them. Ever since, I put my wallets in my bag, and I won't go through until my bag has fully entered the machine.
Dublin_rfk likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 7:00 pm

A humble brag!
Old Aug 29, 2019, 7:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond for life, Bonvoy Titanium for Life, Delta Million Miler, Delta Platinum
I always place my wallet in my cabin bag. Always
Old Aug 29, 2019, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
Am I the ONLY person missing something here?
No, that was what I was about to post.

So apparently pockets were empty except for the wallet with all travel and credit cards, and, I assume, money, driver's license, etc., that was in the pocket.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
I am apparently definitely in the minority both on keeping my wallet in my pocket and on never having run into an issue with it before. I do agree in hindsight I could have described the scenario when I went through the WMD better (e.g. As usual, with the exception of my wallet which I kept on me, my pants pockets were otherwise empty...).

This thread went a totally different way then I expected. I was trying to be somewhat humorous and take a jibe at Marriott for the card design. Not sure I succeeded on the humorous part. Well maybe I did, though folks were laughing at me rather than with me. Guess I deserved that for my "empty pockets" description. Anyway I think I have taken this thread as far as I can from my perspective.

--Jon
Old Aug 29, 2019, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA, Amex
I been around enough to catch all the acronyms. So reading that someone's card "triggered the WMD's" I'm picturing a mushroom cloud and a very bad day at the airport indeed!
Tanic, Antarius, ExArkie and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 8:36 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LifetimeTitanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW LeadersClub, IHGPlat, HiltonDiamnd, ASMVPG100K, WyndDiamnd
I always keep a credit card and a priority pass in my plastic passport case in case I need to buy something quickly before boarding or going to the lounge or if something happens and I get separated from my carry-ons.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by Jon Maiman
I was trying to be somewhat humorous and take a jibe at Marriott for the card design.
--Jon
No jibe necessary. The metal card is for LIFETIME Titanium. Metal is strong and will last a lifetime. They don't have to send you a new one every year with the expiration date. The plastic ones wear out after several years.

By the way, EVERYTHING in my pockets goes in my back pack before entering TSA. That's what they tell you as you are lined up (out of pockets, that is).

Last edited by SpartyAir; Aug 30, 2019 at 12:25 am Reason: clarification
Old Aug 30, 2019, 3:58 am

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
So - did many of you get a titanium lifetime card? I did not. Given that I wouldn't drag it around anyways - not a big loss - but just wondering. The old SPG LTP card was my first metal card ever - but nowadays half my CCs are metal
Old Aug 30, 2019, 4:22 am

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by flying_geek
So - did many of you get a titanium lifetime card? I did not. Given that I wouldn't drag it around anyways - not a big loss - but just wondering. The old SPG LTP card was my first metal card ever - but nowadays half my CCs are metal
I didn't get a card, and I am lifetime titanium. The last time I logged in, my status was correct. However, it does bother me that I haven't received the card, yet.

BTW, I was one of the people that had their status screwed up by Marriott in the IT debacle between August, 2018, and late January, 2019. Multiple agents acknowledged the mistake at the time, but no one was willing to do anything to fix it. So even though my status is correct for now on the website, I would like to have the metal LTT card as well.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
marriott is sending cards to lifetime titanium members????when did this happen????

i still have my lifetime platinum spg card....never carried it with me but its kept safe & sound in my desk drawer at my office, all for the sake of nostalgia....
Old Aug 30, 2019, 7:19 am

Did they finally open this status up to everyone? or is it still a mythical status that wouldn't be and different than platinum even though it is in fact different?
Old Aug 30, 2019, 7:49 am

Programs: Lifetime Levels in AA & Marriott
No LT TIT card for me yet either. And while I would carry it with me while traveling, I'd never use it (and wouldn't miss it if I didn't receive it).

But to the thread title: Bad Design on the new Chase Bonvoy Boundless VISA as well. Now plastic (was metal) with no Marriott Program # printed on it (used to have it). Two card "downgrades" IMO with no discernible "upgrade." LOL!
Old Aug 30, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: Marriott AmBE ; AA EXP; Amtrak Select Executive; Hertz PC
You carry ALL your travel program cards in your wallet. I'm surprised they didn't flag your wallet as a bag that needed to go through the scanner. Did they ever make u gate-check your wallet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.