Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Mobile, Alabama

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2019, 5:22 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

A search of Mobile, Alabama, turns up 8 hotels with a Mobile address and another 12 within some reasonable distance. I'm looking for the most comfortable and ideally most interesting property. Battle House Renaissance is not available. What do you suggest?
  • Battle House Renaissance
  • Renaissance Mobile Riverview
  • Mobile Marriott
  • Springhill Suites Mobile
  • Fairfield Inn & Suites Mobile
  • Courtyard Mobile
  • Residence Inn Mobile
  • TownPlace Suites Mobile
Old Aug 26, 2019, 6:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, MR Titanium, MR LTP, AA PlatPro, DL PM, UA Silver
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
A search of Mobile, Alabama, turns up 8 hotels with a Mobile address and another 12 within some reasonable distance. I'm looking for the most comfortable and ideally most interesting property. Battle House Renaissance is not available. What do you suggest?
  • Battle House Renaissance
  • Renaissance Mobile Riverview
  • Mobile Marriott
  • Springhill Suites Mobile
  • Fairfield Inn & Suites Mobile
  • Courtyard Mobile
  • Residence Inn Mobile
  • TownPlace Suites Mobile
Battle House is my favorite, followed by the Riverview - both great options if you need to be in downtown. None of the other properties are ‘interesting’
Old Aug 26, 2019, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LedgeT
Battle House is my favorite, followed by the Riverview - both great options if you need to be in downtown. None of the other properties are ‘interesting’
Thanks, this is the help I need. I've booked Southern National for lunch and see it is a short distance away. What can you tell me about the two hotels? Do each of them have lounges or are elites given breakfast in their restaurants? Do they charge for parking, and if so, how much?
Old Aug 26, 2019, 8:59 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I actually like the Grand Hotel in Point Clear, AL. It is on the other side of the bay. So it is about 30 or so miles outside of Mobile, but it is actually a pretty nice resort.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hhoope01
I actually like the Grand Hotel in Point Clear, AL. It is on the other side of the bay. So it is about 30 or so miles outside of Mobile, but it is actually a pretty nice resort.
Thank you. My schedule is flexible and I will look at it. There are a couple interesting things. The first thing I see is a very clear statement about the resort fee.
Please note - Mandatory 15 percent resort fee added to room rate. Guests using Marriott Bonvoy points billed USD 30 plus tax per day.

When I choose points, I'm given the option for a better room by using the points required for a base room plus cash. I'm happy to have that opportunity and wish more properties offered it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.