Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Bonvoy credit card in Germany?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2019, 7:37 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by trooper

But does it offer the sort of rewards a US Hilton card does? Isnt THAT the crux of the matter?
The same sort of rewards, yes, although much lower. As has been well documented, less regulation in the US market compared to most has resulted in much higher bank fees, a share of which can pay for some very generous credit card incentives.

If the OP was asking about that, the question would have been why doesn’t any hotel or airline offer any card anywhere apart from the US. I suspect he really just wanted to know why there is no German Bonvoy card.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 12:33 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Welcome to FT, mfichtl1!

Simply put, Marriott is a U.S. company. Why is there no Lufthansa card in Canada?
Whi IS there Cathay Pacific & British Airways cards in Canada? If Marriott is a US Company, why ARE there Bonvoy cards in Canada?

James
EuropeanPete and joakgarp like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.