Phantom reservation

Old Aug 22, 19, 6:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite; WoH Dis
Phantom reservation

A couple of weeks ago, I found a reservation that I never made in my account. I cancelled it. Today, the exact same phantom (though with a different confirmation number) re-appeared. Has anyone else had issues with phantom reservations?

A major issue is that this latest one is technically within the cancellation penalty deadline, so I'll be interested to see if Marriott tries to charge me.
Old Aug 22, 19, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
#MarriottIT
Old Aug 22, 19, 8:29 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium
I’d be calling Marriott fraud department. This looks like someone is using your MR account.
JBord likes this.
Old Aug 22, 19, 8:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by allleisure View Post
Id be calling Marriott fraud department. This looks like someone is using your MR account.
The lurkers have started an investigation.
Old Aug 23, 19, 2:14 am

Programs: SPG Plat/LTP, LH FTL
Originally Posted by mahasamatman View Post
A couple of weeks ago, I found a reservation that I never made in my account. I cancelled it. Today, the exact same phantom (though with a different confirmation number) re-appeared. Has anyone else had issues with phantom reservations?

A major issue is that this latest one is technically within the cancellation penalty deadline, so I'll be interested to see if Marriott tries to charge me.
I had a similar problem earlier this year (found reservation I never made, cancelled it, later got problems because of the cancellation deadline of that phantom reservation).
The issue eventually got resolved by Marriott.
But I tend to monitor my account closer now and take screenshots of flexible reservations (including the cancellation deadline) more often.
Old Aug 23, 19, 6:18 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
I had a reservation-that I made and cancelled-reapeear three or four more times. I had to keep cancelling it. Noone at Marriott could explain it. I was shocked.
Old Aug 23, 19, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker View Post
I had a reservation-that I made and cancelled-reapeear three or four more times. I had to keep cancelling it. Noone at Marriott could explain it. I was shocked.
Similar issues:
Zombie Reservation-Keeps Coming Back from the Dead
No-show charge for confirmed-cancelled reservation.
Old Aug 23, 19, 7:14 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Well the first thread was me.
Old Aug 23, 19, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker View Post
Well the first thread was me.
Whoops. Didn't notice that.

Search this Thread