Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Free Items For Titaniums At Fairfield And Springhill?

Free Items For Titaniums At Fairfield And Springhill?

Old Aug 19, 19, 11:13 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Orange County California
Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, Mileage Plus Silver
Posts: 1,103
Free Items For Titaniums At Fairfield And Springhill?

So just checked into my third Springhill Suites / Fairfield Inn on my road trip through Arizona, Colorado, Texas and New Mexico. At each location, I was offered 500 points or anything I wanted from the marketplace. Is this a new official policy? So far, I was offered bottled water at checkin at 2 and none at another so can't comment on the bottle water yet but the points or marketplace item 3 for 3 so far. Current location in Durango even let me have 2 ben and jerry ice creams. Have any platinums been offered the marketplace as well?
seat38a is offline  
Old Aug 20, 19, 12:33 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: PHL
Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Posts: 4,636
Not really new, just a bit random and property dependent. There's a SHS in Maryland that has offered me 500 points AND an item from their Pantry/Marketplace for years. There's a CY in Northern CA that does the same.
PHLGovFlyer is offline  
Old Aug 20, 19, 3:17 am
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto vicinity
Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Posts: 12,224
Originally Posted by seat38a View Post
So just checked into my third Springhill Suites / Fairfield Inn on my road trip through Arizona, Colorado, Texas and New Mexico. At each location, I was offered 500 points or anything I wanted from the marketplace. Is this a new official policy? So far, I was offered bottled water at checkin at 2 and none at another so can't comment on the bottle water yet but the points or marketplace item 3 for 3 so far. Current location in Durango even let me have 2 ben and jerry ice creams. Have any platinums been offered the marketplace as well?
Itís your welcome gift.

https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mem...s/guarantee.mi
margarita girl is offline  
Old Aug 20, 19, 9:09 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Orange County California
Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, Mileage Plus Silver
Posts: 1,103
Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post
Its the first time I've been given a choice at Springhill and Fairfield. All other times the've just given me the points and that was the end of it.
seat38a is offline  
Old Aug 20, 19, 9:10 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Orange County California
Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, Mileage Plus Silver
Posts: 1,103
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer View Post
Not really new, just a bit random and property dependent. There's a SHS in Maryland that has offered me 500 points AND an item from their Pantry/Marketplace for years. There's a CY in Northern CA that does the same.
Just checked my account and it looks like I'm getting both so far as well. Not complaining.
margarita girl likes this.
seat38a is offline  
Old Aug 20, 19, 9:37 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hold it down for The Bay, reppin' Oakland
Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat, WN A
Posts: 1,640
Originally Posted by seat38a View Post
Its the first time I've been given a choice at Springhill and Fairfield. All other times the've just given me the points and that was the end of it.
That's more common at Courtyards. And when they notice I'm even higher (PP or Ambassador), they'll sometimes hesitate a few moments and then say, "you can have both."
lexdevil is offline  
Old Aug 21, 19, 1:28 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: British Columbia
Programs: AS MVPG75K, UA PP, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Posts: 2,960
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer View Post
Not really new, just a bit random and property dependent. There's a SHS in Maryland that has offered me 500 points AND an item from their Pantry/Marketplace for years. There's a CY in Northern CA that does the same.
The SHS in Bellingham WA (which can demand $300+ rates in the summer) has always provided me with an envelope at check-in with a $10 gift certificate to use at the lobby bar towards drinks and/or meals as appreciation for my loyatly. It is always in addition to the welcome points. If I reserve a park & fly rate with 7 days of parking included, I have never been charged for additional days when I needed 8, 9 or 10.

James
Flying for Fun is online now  
Old Aug 21, 19, 6:27 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: ORD
Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold, AA Platinum
Posts: 4,436
Originally Posted by lexdevil View Post
That's more common at Courtyards. And when they notice I'm even higher (PP or Ambassador), they'll sometimes hesitate a few moments and then say, "you can have both."
I've noticed it occasionally, not only at CY's. Sometimes FI or SHS. I don't know if it's based on status or it's just something the hotel does for everyone. Less frequently, at full-service properties, I'll be given a voucher for drinks or for a small $ amount for F&B. I haven't really noticed a pattern and often don't use the vouchers anyway when I'm there for work and/or they have a lounge.
JBord is offline  
Old Aug 21, 19, 9:11 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Floating around
Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Silver (1MM), Marriott LT Titanium
Posts: 8,169
At any hotel I check into I always ask for a bottle of water after confirming I want the points. I've never once been charged. Springhill, Fairfield, CY, etc. Basically any property without a lounge where I can grab my own bottles of water.

The CY is the most up front about giving me the points and telling me to pick anything I'd like from the market. I still only choose water.

-RM
RobOnLI is online now  
Old Aug 21, 19, 9:13 am
  #10  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 83,694
At some properties you can discretely ask for an additional bottle of water as an elite, for instance if you're walking through the lobby on a hot day. Some places and some staff are more generous than others.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old Aug 21, 19, 9:42 pm
  #11  
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Orange County California
Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, Mileage Plus Silver
Posts: 1,103
Originally Posted by RobOnLI View Post
At any hotel I check into I always ask for a bottle of water after confirming I want the points. I've never once been charged. Springhill, Fairfield, CY, etc. Basically any property without a lounge where I can grab my own bottles of water.

The CY is the most up front about giving me the points and telling me to pick anything I'd like from the market. I still only choose water.

-RM
The bottled waters have been on top of the other welcome amenities, not one of the choices. Just checked into Courtyard Amarillo TX. I was given the $10.00 per day up to two person and also given 3 bottled water at the checkin desk. I was told I can come down for more if I wanted more.
FlightNurse likes this.
seat38a is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread