Marriott Lounges with Best Food In Thailand

Old Aug 17, 19, 5:19 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Earth ... for now
Programs: UA 1K 2MM * AA Plat. * DL Nobody * Marriott LT Titanium & Ambassador * ICH Spire Amb.* HH Diamond *
Posts: 1,150
Marriott Lounges with Best Food In Thailand

Out of all the Marriott hotels I go to in Thailand, here is how I rank the food at the lounges:

1. Westin Grande Sukhumvit. Unfortunately, the ambiance is not the best.
2. Marriott Marquis Queens Park. I look forward to the re-opening of the lounge in the other building, next month. There will be 1 lounge per tower.
3. The Athenee. As a Luxury Collection hotel, my opinion is that it should be at the top of the list. The ambiance used to be the best with that English club feeling, but it is no longer that special.
4. Marriott The Surawongse.
5. Le Meridien Suvarnabhumi. Not an actual lounge, but the bar where they have the Creative Hour resembles enough to a lounge.
6. Royal Orchid Sheraton.
7. Le Meridien Chiang Mai, a distant 7th. It used to be much better.
unclepants likes this.

Last edited by UASPG; Aug 17, 19 at 11:01 am
UASPG is offline  
Old Aug 17, 19, 5:23 am
  #2  
kkl
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 787
Athenee should be up there. Food with the drink options.

Will be trying the newly renovated JW next month
kkl is offline  
Old Aug 17, 19, 6:48 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Singapore / Bangkok
Programs: SQ, BA Gold (GGL), Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
Posts: 316
For lounges, Marquis and Surawongse Iíd say. JW...below average.
EGW1 is online now  
Old Aug 17, 19, 8:22 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat; Hyatt Discoverist; Marriott Titanium; Hertz Pres Cirlce
Posts: 2,290
The Sheraton Royal Orchid has good drink options but food is OK (mid-range for Asia lounges). Mind you my last stay there was about 5 years ago.
mh3265a is offline  
Old Aug 18, 19, 6:53 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 202
Athenee, Westin and Marquis are all good.
Not too sure how to rank them, they all have their pros and cons.
shevboyz is offline  
Old Aug 19, 19, 8:29 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 716
I would rate the ROS much more highly than the PA in respect of food in the lounge; not even close. The ROS offers several hot dishes, a chef for one dish, a range of cold items ( sushi, dips, appetisers), decent cheese, a wide range of cakes/deserts. While I like the PA, lounge food is not their strong suit...itís dull and very ordinary.
Westin: food is better now they have the extra space. But I donít linger for more than 15 minutes. It still feels squeezy.
Marquis is good but itís more like a cafeteria than a lounge ( quantity/range but not special, IMO)
GUWonder likes this.
paolo64 is offline  
Old Aug 19, 19, 3:30 pm
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Earth ... for now
Programs: UA 1K 2MM * AA Plat. * DL Nobody * Marriott LT Titanium & Ambassador * ICH Spire Amb.* HH Diamond *
Posts: 1,150
Originally Posted by paolo64 View Post
I would rate the ROS much more highly than the PA in respect of food in the lounge; not even close. The ROS offers several hot dishes, a chef for one dish, a range of cold items ( sushi, dips, appetisers), decent cheese, a wide range of cakes/deserts. While I like the PA, lounge food is not their strong suit...it’s dull and very ordinary.
In all fairness, although I have stayed more than hundred times at the ROSH over the years, I have not booked any night at the hotel in the recent past.

Last edited by UASPG; Aug 19, 19 at 7:41 pm
UASPG is offline  
Old Aug 19, 19, 5:04 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Italy
Programs: Accor Hotel, Hilton Honors, Emirates, Alitalia, Amex
Posts: 917
Originally Posted by UASPG View Post
Out of all the Marriott hotels I go to in Thailand, here is how I rank the food at the lounges:

1. Westin Grande Sukhumvit. Unfortunately, the ambiance is not the best.
2. Marriott Marquis Queens Park. I look forward to the re-opening of the lounge in the other building, next month. There will be 1 lounge per tower.
3. The Athenee. As a Luxury Collection hotel, my opinion is that it should be at the top of the list. The ambiance used to be the best with that English club feeling, but it is no longer that special.
4. Marriott The Surawongse.
5. Le Meridien Suvarnabhumi. Not an actual lounge, but the bar where they have the Creative Hour resembles enough to a lounge.
6. Royal Orchid Sheraton.
7. Le Meridien Chiang Mai, a distant 7th. It used to be much better.
can you remember which of this lounges serve champagne? (French one ...not white sparkling wine)

thanks.
Dav77 is offline  
Old Aug 19, 19, 7:40 pm
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Earth ... for now
Programs: UA 1K 2MM * AA Plat. * DL Nobody * Marriott LT Titanium & Ambassador * ICH Spire Amb.* HH Diamond *
Posts: 1,150
Originally Posted by Dav77 View Post
can you remember which of this lounges serve champagne? (French one ...not white sparkling wine)
thanks.
None.

Champagne was already too expensive to be offered in the lounges, before the 2017 import tax increase.

https://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/20...its-wine-hard/
Dav77 likes this.
UASPG is offline  
Old Aug 19, 19, 11:08 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: CAN, LAX, TPE
Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Posts: 2,622
I think Renaissance Ratchaprasong has the best lounge, great views with quality food and vibe.
coolfish1103 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread