Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Property not taking redemption booking

Old Aug 16, 2019, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott Bonvoy (Gold)

Trying to book the Marriott's Village d'ile-de-France by Disneyland Paris at the end of July 2020.
Looking to book a room with points in the last 2 weeks of July, and get this message:
“We’re sorry. This property is not taking redemption bookings at this time. You can either book a cash reservation or search for another property.”

Any idea if the hotel can blackout certain dates because they are a vacation club property?

A standard room (Studio, 1 King, Sofa bed, Resort view) is available with cash
Same exact room in early July is 25 K points
Old Aug 16, 2019, 10:10 pm

Award room inventory may not be loaded this early is my guess.
Often1 and peroorim like this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 10:26 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by peroorim
Trying to book the Marriott's Village d'ile-de-France by Disneyland Paris at the end of July 2020.
Looking to book a room with points in the last 2 weeks of July, and get this message:
“We’re sorry. This property is not taking redemption bookings at this time. You can either book a cash reservation or search for another property.”

Any idea if the hotel can blackout certain dates because they are a vacation club property?

A standard room (Studio, 1 King, Sofa bed, Resort view) is available with cash
Same exact room in early July is 25 K points
It's a Marriott, so they can claim blackout whenever they want (applicable to all legacy Marriott hotel brands).
Old Aug 17, 2019, 6:03 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
You should reach out to the property directly to see if they have even loaded award night yet... it is still early and they may not have put them in the system yet.

You might even get them to book it for you.
Often1 and peroorim like this.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 9:46 am

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
I got the exact same result trying to book something at the Disney World Orlando Swan and Dolphin... My dates were only 4 months away. When I checked the availability calendar I could see some random check in dates were open for award bookings if I changed my dates a bit.
peroorim likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 10:24 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Many properties haven't loaded award inventory for 2020, especially for as far away as summer 2020. Patience. It isn't a conspiracy.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 11:32 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond for life, Bonvoy Titanium for Life, Delta Million Miler, Delta Platinum
It’s a bit more complicated. Out of boredom last evening I tried to do a few award bookings in the next few months to see if the peak, off peak, would have an effect. At least two, perhaps 3 Ritz properties said we are not taking reward redemptions
Old Aug 17, 2019, 11:37 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Catskilltraveller
It’s a bit more complicated. Out of boredom last evening I tried to do a few award bookings in the next few months to see if the peak, off peak, would have an effect. At least two, perhaps 3 Ritz properties said we are not taking reward redemptions
I just booked awards at Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove for Feb 2020. I also had the chance to book at all of the other RC in S Florida, as well as the StR Bal Harbour, the Edition Miami, and all the Ws in Miami. I also took a shot to look at Boston, NYC, San Franc, Hawaii, etc...and all those luxury properties were available for award bookings at standard rates through June when I checked.

Perhaps you might find it helpful to log out of your account, clear your cache, and try again?
Old Aug 24, 2019, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott Bonvoy (Gold)
Anyone has the contact email for the hotel to see if they load availability for next summer?
Marriot customer service sent me to [email protected] and the sent me back to Marriot Bonviy reservations
Old Aug 24, 2019, 10:17 am
Suspended

Did logging out and back in clear your cache and help?
Old Aug 24, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond for life, Bonvoy Titanium for Life, Delta Million Miler, Delta Platinum
Actually I forgot all about it. Since they were a couple dummy bookings it wasn’t worth the bother.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 11:40 am
Suspended

Actually I forgot all about it. Since they were a couple dummy bookings it wasn’t worth the bother.
Forgive me if this exchange seems a bit disingenuous?
Old Aug 24, 2019, 1:11 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by peroorim
Correct yes Marriott's Village d'ile-de-France is a Vacation Club property that doesn't fully participate in no blackout dates. Just keep watching if you really want this property.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 3:20 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
It's a Marriott, so they can claim blackout whenever they want (applicable to all legacy Marriott hotel brands).
Just so we all understand and are talking about the same thing, the Marriott's Village d'ile-de-France is not a hotel. It is a timeshare (MVCI) property. As such, there is no way Marriott or any company can run it like a hotel. They don't "own" most (if any) of the nights/weeks, the persons that purchased those weeks "own" them. As such, Marriott is limited in when they can offer a room/unit for awards. For example, an owner may have come to Marriott to "rent" the room. Marriott will charge the owner a fee for that, but the rest of the rental price goes to the owner. Once a property is sold out (i.e. persons have purchased all the available "timeshare" time blocks), about the only way Marriott can offer award rooms is if the owner trades their week to Marriott for points. In that case, Marriott can, if they choose to, put that time into the award inventory pool. Otherwise, the owner controls that unit for that week and they can use it or not as they want to.
bhrubin and andrewstahl like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.