Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Best use of SNA - Gritti Palace vs St.regis florence

Old Aug 15, 19, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

i will be staying 5 nights each at the Gritti Palace and St. Regis Florence this October for our wedding anniversary.
at the Gritti, we are booked in a Venetian suite room, while the st. Regis florence is just a regular king room.

i only have 5 SNA left, so what is the best use of them as an Ambassador?
I am thinking of using it at the st. Regis florence just to get a better room there.. although the actual anniversary date we will be at the Gritti(oct 8).
Old Aug 15, 19, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
At the Gritti this summer my SNAs cleared for a room that goes for about 8K EUR/night...and then failed next at the StR Florence.

I'd put them in for whichever place you are staying first, and if it fails, can then apply to the next one.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Aug 15, 19, 11:52 pm

You really can't go wrong here, but I would lean St. Regis. I'm told the base rooms there are tiny. Also, the butler service and other benefits that come with a suite are a nice perk there.
Old Aug 16, 19, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Base rooms are quite tiny. I got a slightly better view (of the river) but was basically next to the 2nd level "ring of tables" where breakfast is.
Old Aug 16, 19, 1:14 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
I'd ask your Ambassador whether it's possible to arrange a pre-upgrade at one or the other--allowing you to apply your SNAs at the other. As this is for a special occasion, your Ambassador and the hotels likely will want to try to do what they can. Having stayed at both hotels and having been upgraded at both on special occasion trips (Gritti via SNAs, StR Florence via comp pre-upgrade thanks to my Ambassador and status), I trust that both will do their best for an Ambassador elite.
andrewstahl likes this.
Old Aug 16, 19, 9:05 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, AA Platinum, UA Silver
Havenít stayed at the Gritti Palace, but I adore the St. Regis. Weíve had a number of amazing rooms there and had a fabulous suite on our honeymoon. Itís worth it, though if you could get a room with a view of the Grand Canal, that might add more value. YMMV but I love the St Regis Florence.

Search this Thread