Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Upgraded to Bonvoy Boundless - What about award certificate

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2019, 12:56 am
Original Poster

I had the original Marriott card and upgraded to the Bonvoy Boundless credit card. So therefore, I should get the award certificate for 35,000 points. However, in my account I still see the old 25,000 certificate available. Will I get the 35k certificate this year or will I need to wait for next year?
Old Aug 14, 2019, 5:32 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I'd guess if the cert was issued before you upgraded the card, you would receive the 25K cert. If the cert was issued after you upgraded, then you should have received the 35K cert.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 7:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I'm curious how this will be handled as well. I was issued a 25k cert in May. I upgraded in June. They refunded my $85 AF, and say they will charge the new $95 fee in August. Seems to me I should get an upgraded cert, since I'm paying the higher fee? But who knows.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 8:04 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
When I upgraded to the SPG Luxury card (Brilliant I think is the name), I received a pro-rated refund of the previous card's annual fee and then paid a pre-rated annual fee for the new luxury card. So I technically only paid the higher annual fee for the remainder of my annual renewal. My understanding was that was the norm for how card upgrades normally go. But I admit I don't "upgrade" cards every day. So maybe I am wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.