Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Lurker Update (Starwood/Marriott Bonvoy Lurker Retires)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy Lurker Update (Starwood/Marriott Bonvoy Lurker Retires)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2019, 4:08 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
A bittersweet moment because I am very happy for you William but man will you be missed.

Many of us here were recipients of your skillful help over the years (almost two decades!) You patiently explained policy, ran interference and solved issues for the legions here. The best part was how you delivered it- with a clever, dry wit that set you apart from all other corporate representatives.

You helped me with my very first Starwood stay (and numerous times since) and it is not an exaggeration to say that you inspired my original SPG loyalty.

I had a premonition this was coming. May your next years be your happiest and most fulfilling yet.

Old Aug 14, 2019, 4:41 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Thank you and farewell. You leave big shoes (or is it a big keyboard?) to fill. Aloha.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 4:57 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Sorry to see William go, but best wishes on retirement! May you have lots of trips to places you never had time to go while working. You were truly the example for all other companies with a Flyertalk presence. Loved that you were indeed so helpful, but more importantly, you had a personality and didn't parrot press releases or use corporate speak. You'll be missed and the other Marriott Lurkers have quite a high bar to meet in your absence!
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 5:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Good luck in retirement, William. I hope you’re able to gain as much enjoyment in this stage of your life as you were able to give so many others while you were here. Thank you.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 5:16 am

Best wishes for retirement, and thank you for the assistance that you have provided to the Flyertalk community!
Old Aug 14, 2019, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Still remember meeting you at SMD2 at the start of my SPG loyalty! Was a thrill.

Thanks for all the help & amazing participation over the years.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 5:50 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
22 years? Where did they go? Thanks for everything. You really were the best and made life easy for all of us with your honesty and straight-forward and clear explanations of sometimes difficult issues.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Congrats on your retirement, William. I, and many other FTers, appreciated your help over the years. We have also learned a lot more about hotel loyalty program. You will be missed.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 6:35 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
William, I have also benefited from your help over the years, and much appreciate it.
Best wishes in whatever you do in the future, and do come back to visit once in a while.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
All the best in retirement and you will surely be missed by all of us old time SPG loyalists (and by many Bonvoy members) for all your help over the years.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Truly the end of an era -- William, thank you so much for your tireless service to us cranky travelers on this forum!

I learned a great deal about how to make the best of the SPG program from your posts -- information that has made my business travel easier and my vacations more enjoyable, and which I've shared with a lot of friends not nearly nerdy enough to frequent this place. For that I am deeply grateful.

Best wishes for a happy retirement.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 9:18 am

Programs: AA 2MM - UA 1P / Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat / Hertz 5* - Avis 1st
Happy trails, William!

You were the acme of customer service and corporate representation in the dawn of the internet age, and you were one of the strong reasons to be a user here at FT. Thank you for all the gracious interactions with the masses here.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
William you will be missed by me and everyone else!
Old Aug 14, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
wishing you all the best, you set the standard for all company reps on this board with your mixture of advocacy, courtesy, honesty and reliability. you will be truly missed.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 9:35 am

There's really nothing that I can say that hasn't already been said, better than I can say it, so I'll limit myself to "Thanks" and "All the Best".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.