Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Lurker Update (Starwood/Marriott Bonvoy Lurker Retires)

Marriott Bonvoy Lurker Update (Starwood/Marriott Bonvoy Lurker Retires)

Old Aug 13, 19, 8:23 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum Ambassador, United Premier 1K
William, you were on FT when I joined 15 years ago and were always helpful! Have a great retirement! Hopefully you were able to rake in enough starpoints/ bonvoy points yourself for your retirement ;-)
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 13, 19, 9:09 pm

Programs: spg plat100 - lifetime gold / aa exec plat
What do you do when a lurker retires? Pouring a beer on the ground wont work. Do I reserve a room and not stay in it?

William, you will be missed. You were a great benefit to the SPG program for all.
Old Aug 13, 19, 9:18 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Happy retirement, William!
Old Aug 13, 19, 9:24 pm
DH

Thank you and wishing you the best!
Old Aug 13, 19, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
When I think of what was best about the SPG program, William features prominently.

William, thank you for all the superlative help all these years!

I hope you enjoy the next phase of your life and find folks giving you service as superb as you gave us all!
Old Aug 13, 19, 9:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP/3MM UA 1MM, HY Globalist, MR Titanium, HH Gld
Congratulations, happy trails
Old Aug 13, 19, 10:40 pm

Programs: AA-G, B6, DL, SW, SPG-P, AGR-S
Best wishes on your retirement, William!
Old Aug 13, 19, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & 2MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt, AA, HH Gold, $tarbucks Titanium
As I've said about SPG before, itís rare for people to have an affection for a faceless corporation, and I was clear-eyed about Starwood being a for-profit corporation. But Starwood/SPG earned my fierce loyalty over the years with amazing experiences and fantastic treatment. William was an enormous part of that. He introduced me to the right people at the company who honestly wanted to hear my feedback and ideas. And over the years, I came to know William personally, sharing some wonderful meals, conversations and experiences. This thread proves I was not alone. Itís rare for a company to have someone with this kind of cult following, but William is a rare and special person. This is a well deserved retirement, he will be missed, but I think he leaves his co-workers with a high standard for companies to communicate with their customers. Thank you for so much William.
Old Aug 13, 19, 11:49 pm

Programs: AA(2MM)-Plt, HH-Gld, HY-Glb, ICAmb-Plt, SPG-Plt (Life), AMEX-Plt
I just heard and have to say that you brought me out of "flyer-talk retirement" (for lack of a better term since I haven't been posting lately) to wish you all the best in your new "adventure" in life! May you be blessed with many happy years of retirement and now find the time to do all those things that you have been planning to do or had put aside! Thank you for all your contributions and know that you have touched so many people's lives in such a great way! With great respect! --Bret (tmartazu)
Old Aug 14, 19, 12:25 am

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
All the best William.You certainly for me made the SPG program the best.You really will be missed but after 22 years you really deserve a little R&R.Hope everything works out well for you.
Old Aug 14, 19, 1:42 am

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
Thank you so much for helping us!
All the best for your future!
Old Aug 14, 19, 2:15 am

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MP 1K,Bonvoy Tit, LTG
Somebody who has set the bar high and is indeed a hard act to follow. Thank you for your direct intervention on a number of occasions and best wishes for your future.
Old Aug 14, 19, 2:26 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb , LCAH : Gold, Skywards : Gold
All the best for William!!
Old Aug 14, 19, 2:53 am

+1

And I really hope this new phase will allow you to travel to many of the wonderful SPG properties you have worked so hard for in the past years on FT, William. All best for the best!
Old Aug 14, 19, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
A well earned retirement indeed! I think the best compliment I can give William is that back in those early Flyertalk days when he began here, in reading his posts I felt confident in trusting this Internet identity called Starwood Lurker with my personal information. He immediately proved to be reliable and trustworthy. Thank you William.
damon88 and Pitero like this.

Search this Thread