Marriott Online Security

Old Aug 7, 19, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott PLT
Marriott Online Security

I just tried to log in to my Marriott account and got a message that said to better protect my account I had to choose a new password. Then they asked for a temporary code they would send to my email address. That's all fine and good (apparently Marriott needs better security than my bank, but I digress) .. then I get an error page that says "Something went wrong" and any further attempts to login sends me back to the resetting password phase.

As an IT professional I get that things happen and issues arise in production, but who is running the ship over there that their IT seems to fail so regularly? Anyone else running into the same issue?
Old Aug 7, 19, 2:51 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
It's been that way for years. Inept Marriott IT strikes again. I got used to it a few years ago. I even called and emailed friends who worked at Marriott IT and sent them detailed email about no AAA, Senior and other rates, not able to make reservations, using 4 mouse clicks instead of 2, now it's 8 instead of what used to be 2. It took weeks to months to get broken stuff working and they have never programmed their web site with the user experience in mind or for user convenience. It's all about looking good for their marketing department and keeping the customer on their web site clicking away. The more mouse clicks the more they get paid or justify their existence. They fix one things and break 3 others is pretty much the norm. 3-6 months to get things almost back to normal following any major upgrade, which of course they use us and their live system for the alpha and beta testing. Why do integration or system testing when they can just drop it into production and let the customers get pissed off.
EuropeanPete likes this.

Last edited by aaupgrade; Aug 8, 19 at 5:15 am Reason: fix typo
Old Aug 7, 19, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by h2rdw1r3d View Post
I just tried to log in to my Marriott account and got a message that said to better protect my account I had to choose a new password. Then they asked for a temporary code they would send to my email address. That's all fine and good (apparently Marriott needs better security than my bank, but I digress) .. then I get an error page that says "Something went wrong" and any further attempts to login sends me back to the resetting password phase.

As an IT professional I get that things happen and issues arise in production, but who is running the ship over there that their IT seems to fail so regularly? Anyone else running into the same issue?
Yes, happened to me and itís been reported in the Website Issues thread. See post 1087 and 1093.

Issues with Marriott.com website

Search this Thread