Marriott Bonvoy Cobalt

Old Aug 6, 19, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Marriott Bonvoy Cobalt

The Points Guy broke the story this morning about a previously unknown level in Bonvoy: Cobalt. After reading the story, the new upper tier level looks fairly similar, in great part, to the level of service and benefits that we received often times, as SPG Lifetime Platinum.
Old Aug 6, 19, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT; QR PLT; Bonvoy LT TIT
The added bennies seem to be mostly increased and 1:1 contact with the GM. If you're a regular at any property, you're usually already getting that, anyway.
allset2travel, KRSW and bhrubin like this.
Old Aug 6, 19, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Enhanced room and a F&B amenity? Wow - jaw dropping...

(R-C lounge benefit to me seems to be the only true thing of substance, correct me if I'm wrong)
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 6, 19, 7:17 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by UA-NYC View Post
(R-C lounge benefit to me seems to be the only true thing of substance, correct me if I'm wrong)
Yup. But it doesn't get you lounge access at LCs, like the Prince Gallery? BS haha
Old Aug 6, 19, 7:27 am

Programs: Marriott LT Ti & Ambassador, UA Silver, AA Gold, Amtrak Select Plus, Uber Diamond
Maybe focus on improving Ambassador first?
Old Aug 6, 19, 7:28 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold, AA Platinum
A few bloggers wrote about this back in March. It's the old R-C invitation only status. I think it's more of a fancy, elite status than anything of real substance, at least from what I've read about it. It's supposed to be a more personal, local experience. Big deal IMO.

As UA-NYC wrote, the R-C lounge is the only interesting benefit I've seen.
Old Aug 6, 19, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by JBord View Post
A few bloggers wrote about this back in March. It's the old R-C invitation only status. I think it's more of a fancy, elite status than anything of real substance, at least from what I've read about it. It's supposed to be a more personal, local experience. Big deal IMO.

As UA-NYC wrote, the R-C lounge is the only interesting benefit I've seen.
Agreed, the complimentary RC Club Lounge access seems to be the best benefit.
Old Aug 6, 19, 7:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by shoodawg View Post
The Points Guy broke the story this morning about a previously unknown level in Bonvoy: Cobalt. After reading the story, the new upper tier level looks fairly similar, in great part, to the level of service and benefits that we received often times, as SPG Lifetime Platinum.
Link?
Old Aug 6, 19, 8:19 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Amb, Hilton Diamond, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by newbiztraveler View Post
Maybe focus on improving Ambassador first?
Cobalt actually came first..
Old Aug 6, 19, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Link?
https://thepointsguy.com/guide/marri...-elite-status/
Old Aug 6, 19, 9:37 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
Cobalt level has been around for quite a few years. For past thread on Cobalt level check out Ritz Carlton Cobalt Membership?

For what it's worth, Marriott used to have a 5-Star Plat level that may still be available as well: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...five-star.html
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 6, 19, 9:53 am

Programs: SPG100, United GS, HA P70K
A lot of the actions related to the Ambassador Desk sounds like areas they should work on improving for actual Ambassador Elite guests.. but I guess they could not because itís just noise around the edges!
UA-NYC likes this.
Old Aug 6, 19, 11:35 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
I can't say that I'm surprised that Marriott would have some equivalent of the airline "super-status" programs (e.g. Delta360). And it sounds like, fundamentally, the program has been around for a while (just under a different name).
Old Aug 6, 19, 12:00 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by shoodawg View Post
The Points Guy broke the story this morning about a previously unknown level in Bonvoy: Cobalt.
Neither of the bolded items is true. As subsequently noted, Cobalt has been around in some form for several years.
Old Aug 6, 19, 12:14 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum
RC Club Access would be nice. I'd probably do 30-50 nights a year in RC if I had this
escape4 likes this.

Search this Thread