FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   We should move forward to file suit.. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1981474-we-should-move-forward-file-suit.html)

Celebrity1 Aug 3, 2019 5:54 pm

We should move forward to file suit..

Dear SPG members,
I think we should not wait any longer to file Class A. Lawsuit, since Marriott take over illegally changed the rules:
* Marriott changed the terms for lifetime Platinum from 500 days to 600 days the even changed that.
* With SPG used to count multiple rooms reservation as multiple days, last year I reserved 4 rooms for 4 days, Marriott calculated as 4 days only, with SPG used to count it 16 days.
* The points used to have better value to used for stays, even they started to give an extra points in certain things but still over all lost most value, for example a hotel used to get the room with 2000 - 4000 points, now same hotel take 12,000 - 16,000 points.
* Upgrades for Platinum used to be easy to approved with SPG, now easy you get declined.

So many rules been changed since Marriott took over and we should go head with the Class A. Lawsuit.

Regards

dimon84 Aug 4, 2019 7:06 am

That's a hilarious post. Have you ever read terms and conditions of this or even old SPG program? "All Loyalty Program benefits, amenities, offers, awards and services are subject to availability and may be changed by the Company at any time without notice".

HNLbasedFlyer Aug 4, 2019 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by Celebrity1 (Post 31375983)
Dear SPG members,
I think we should not wait any longer to file Class A. Lawsuit, since Marriott take over illegally changed the rules:
* Marriott changed the terms for lifetime Platinum from 500 days to 600 days the even changed that.

Ha ha - look at the success of the United Airlines Million Miler lawsuit when they changed and removed benefits - United won and upheld by Court of Appeals

MSPeconomist Aug 4, 2019 12:52 pm

SPG never gave elite night/stay credit for FOUR rooms.

mahasamatman Aug 4, 2019 1:03 pm

Welcome to FT, Celebrity1!

As stated above, any lawsuit would immediately be thrown out of court. In any event, the only people who win class actions are the lawyers - even if it's successful, class members generally get a few pennies while the lawyers get a few million.

Antarius Aug 4, 2019 1:15 pm

https://media.giphy.com/media/p0RDMJGgMXF96/source.gif

SHLTP Aug 4, 2019 1:38 pm

I was having a real bad day. Then I saw this post. It brought a smile. Thanks for the near Dave Chappelle level of hilarity even though it was unintended

CPRich Aug 4, 2019 2:01 pm

Dear SPG members,

There are no "SPG Members". Haven't been for quite some time.

Suit: "Marriott illegally changed the rules"

Marriott: "The program rules state

Starwood may at any time amend, modify or supplement these SPG Program Terms, and continued participation in the SPG Program will constitute an SPG Member's acceptance of any such amendment, modification, or supplementation. SPG Members are responsible for remaining knowledgeable of the SPG Program Terms and any changes, modifications, or additions to the SPG Program.

All Loyalty Program benefits, amenities, offers, awards and services are subject to availability and may be changed by the Company at any time without notice
Judge: "buh-bye"

Feel free to not wait any longer.

Kacee Aug 4, 2019 2:08 pm

There's no basis for a lawsuit.

But there's also no call for ridiculing new members. Just move along.

karenkay Aug 4, 2019 2:35 pm

hello, and welcome to flyertalk.

Chewie Aug 4, 2019 3:02 pm

Dear SPG members,
* With SPG used to count multiple rooms reservation as multiple days, last year I reserved 4 rooms for 4 days, Marriott calculated as 4 days only, with SPG used to count it 16 days.
* The points used to have better value to used for stays, even they started to give an extra points in certain things but still over all lost most value, for example a hotel used to get the room with 2000 - 4000 points, now same hotel take 12,000 - 16,000 points.
* Upgrades for Platinum used to be easy to approved with SPG, now easy you get declined.

So many rules been changed since Marriott took over and we should go head with the Class A. Lawsuit.

Regards

Let me guess... You’re sitting at home waiting for the $125 Equifax check too?

BearX220 Aug 4, 2019 3:11 pm

I'm with you, as soon as you come up with the legally binding promise Marriott made to never alter its products, programs, or terms.

margarita girl Aug 4, 2019 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 31378801)
There's no basis for a lawsuit.

But there's also no call for ridiculing new members. Just move along.

Agree. Welcome to FT Celebrity1.

Unfortunately, most of the regulars on this forum have discussed these issues to death. The merger has been painful in many ways and Marriott's IT continues to be from the 1990s. Customer service has improved significantly from where it was at the end of 2018. I'm afraid you'll just have to get used to the changes and try to make the best of it.

Often1 Aug 4, 2019 3:46 pm

There is no basis for such a lawsuit. It will almost certainly be dismissed. You may well be assessed Marriott's costs and, whatever happens, it will not be certified as a class action.

Keyser Aug 5, 2019 12:27 am

Originally Posted by SHLTP (Post 31378715)
I was having a real bad day. Then I saw this post. It brought a smile. Thanks for the near Dave Chappelle level of hilarity even though it was unintended

same here....just the thing i needed on a rainy monday morning....had a nice little chuckle....