Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

We should move forward to file suit..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

We should move forward to file suit..

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2019, 12:45 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Read the terms and conditions they can change whatever they like. If you no longer like the program you can leave. You obviously have too much time on your hands to even contemplate launching a lawsuit!
Old Aug 5, 2019, 1:09 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Maybe this thread should just be closed based on the premis it has no premis!
TerryK, moondog, dgreen12 and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 6:46 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Celebrity1

So many rules been changed since Marriott took over and we should go head with the Class A. Lawsuit.
You've listed a bunch of rule changes you don't like. But you've offered no explanation of what made these changes illegal. How do you assume these were not LEGAL rule changes instead? Can you please provide some basis for these comments? I think that will get you a lot more support.
moondog, Newman and trooper like this.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
There is perhaps an argument that were any claim filed in Europe that the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations would come into play which would potentially invalidate broad omnibus terms like Marriott/SPG could change the terms whenever they liked. However there was notice given re: the changes so that could be enough to make the change reasonable.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 9:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by fdem
You obviously have too much time on your hands to even contemplate launching a lawsuit!
Or possibly an attorney looking for clients?
aaupgrade and fdem like this.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
There's no basis for a lawsuit.

But there's also no call for ridiculing new members. Just move along.
Perhaps no call for it but that's part of the fun of internet message boards. In fact, boards without a little flava' are quite boring really. Plus, not sure it's ridicule when people point out things like "here are what the rules say...." That's more "facts" than "ridicule" I would say.
Newman likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 11:35 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by SacTownGuy
Perhaps no call for it but that's part of the fun of internet message boards. In fact, boards without a little flava' are quite boring really. Plus, not sure it's ridicule when people point out things like "here are what the rules say...." That's more "facts" than "ridicule" I would say.
And ... sometimes the "flava" comes from a regular poster who creates a new account ... just saying.

Now that points are posting, accounts have been combined, status is right, the website works, and we can sort by price ... the board seems to have quieted down!
Newman likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Kacee
There's no basis for a lawsuit.

But there's also no call for ridiculing new members. Just move along.
I don't see any ridiculing going on here. Pointing out the silliness and senselessness of a post has always been fair game.
Maybe it's the self-appointed "free speech" police that chastise members who express legitimate criticisms that should be moving along..

Originally Posted by SacTownGuy
+1000

Newman
seat38a likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 11:46 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Points still not posting correctly, website still down on a frequent basis, the app is still not making all prices available and the price the website sorts is sometimes not actually right.’

just sayin But yes, one has to admit things are much less bad than a year ago (but much, much worse than 2 years ago).
C17PSGR and KRSW like this.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 12:14 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Or possibly an attorney looking for clients?
Not a very good attorney if he/she is.
Newman, EuropeanPete and JBord like this.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
I agree that the program has been devalued in countless ways and I'm disgusted by Marriott and their tool of a "leader."

Having said that, I consider both 500 and 600 nights to be almost absurdly generous for a top-tier LT status. I can only hypothesize that the target stay requirements were selected to minimize uproar during the merger; expect them to climb over time.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Points still not posting correctly, website still down on a frequent basis, the app is still not making all prices available and the price the website sorts is sometimes not actually right.’

just sayin But yes, one has to admit things are much less bad than a year ago (but much, much worse than 2 years ago).
Done right, the right attorney could spin those into a usable class action. Don't forget the random reservations that show up in people's accounts, cancellations which don't cancel, and hotels which don't follow the T&C's. There's plenty of fodder to do a class action suit, but not from what the OP posted.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 3:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
There is perhaps an argument that were any claim filed in Europe that the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations would come into play which would potentially invalidate broad omnibus terms like Marriott/SPG could change the terms whenever they liked. However there was notice given re: the changes so that could be enough to make the change reasonable.
Those terms were expressly written to comply with UK Fair Trading and US Deception claims. They are ironclad. This is a loser.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.