Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott DTW Detroit Airport: Extra Fee

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2019, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus

I just had a one night stay at the Marriott DTW Detroit Airport and had a question before calling the hotel to inquire about a unexpected charge. I realize all hotels are using the "mandatory resort fees" to garner additional revenue in lieu of just charging the right daily rate. When I received my check-out receipt by email, I noticed a $5 airport fee, which wasn't quoted in my reservation confirmation. I am guessing it is a charge for the airport shuttle, but we did not use the shuttle. In fact they charged us $7 for the on-site self-park "benefit" (talk about being chintzy).

I intend to complain about the airport fee (govt taxes and other fees were separately quoted in the confirmation), but wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with such a fee at either this location or at another
Old Jul 29, 2019, 10:33 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
The hotel is not on airport property and their website shows the airport shuttle is free. Maybe it's a special bonvOY fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.