Sheraton Manila Bay [Master Thread]

Old Jul 29, 19, 9:55 pm
Original Poster

Sheraton Manila Bay [Master Thread]

There's not that many Marriott properties in Manila, so I'm surprised to see Sheraton opening in October 2019. It doesn't look like a new build though, and it seems a reflag from the Pan Pacific. The area is known for nightclubs and go-go bars which makes unsuitable for families. It's good to see another Marriott in Manila, nonetheless.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...on-manila-bay/

Pitero and gertp like this.
Old Jul 29, 19, 11:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Cathay Pacific Gold
From what I remember of the Pan Pacific when I stayed there five years ago it does look from the photos of the common areas like it's been reflagged as a Sheraton. This is good news because I liked the location. Hopefully it's been refurbished. This would inspire me to have another weekend break in Manila as I didn't really fancy either of the airport hotels. Good post. Thanks for the heads up.
gertp likes this.
Old Sep 10, 19, 7:35 pm

Location: UA 1K, AC 50K MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat with Ambassador
Rebranded Pan Pacific now Sheraton Manila Bay

Yes it's the Pan Pacific hotel rebranded as Sheraton. Here's what it says on the Pan Pacific website:

Pan Pacific Manila will cease to be managed by Pan Pacific Hotels Group after 30 September 2019. All bookings confirmed by this date will be honoured by the new hotel operator. We look forward to welcoming you to our family of Pan Pacific hotels, resorts and serviced suites at other destinations soon.
Old Oct 11, 19, 4:09 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Ambassador (LTT)
Top notch service - dont hesitate staying here. Youll be treated extremely well.

This Sheraton just opened on October 1st, 2019. Used to be Pan Pacific Manila Bay. but almost everyone working here were pan pacific employees (which means top notch service to begin with).

When i checked-in, was personally greeted by the director of rooms, Crystal and the GM Richard. Was also provided sparkling water upon check in (PS. there is a separate check-in area for elite guests). Spoke with Crystal for about half an hour and she assured that ALL elite guests will be treated as VIPs

Was also upgraded to their deluxe suite a week in advanced with complimentary chocolates, local desserts, and a hand written letter from the GM, Richard.

There is no executive lounge yet but Elite guests (Platinum and up only) are offered happy hour and free breakfast at the pan pacific lounge on the 21st floor.

Was told that beginning next year, there will be heavy refurbishment to update to Sheraton standards.

Anyways, love it so far and elite guests get 20% off at restaurant dining.

Dont hesitate staying here, Youll be treated extremely well with their top notch service and excellent hospitality.

Last edited by supatight80; Oct 11, 19 at 4:20 am
Old Oct 11, 19, 4:24 am

Thanks for the review and pics Supatight80! Iím likely going to stay there when I visit next year. Have you stayed at the Marriot there before too? I wonder how it compares.

There were talks of a Ritz coming to Manila but unsure where the progress is on that, if any.
Old Oct 11, 19, 4:41 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Ambassador (LTT)
Originally Posted by rubey419 View Post
Thanks for the review and pics Supatight80! Iím likely going to stay there when I visit next year. Have you stayed at the Marriot there before too? I wonder how it compares.

There were talks of a Ritz coming to Manila but unsure where the progress is on that, if any.
Havent stayed at the Marriott. But stayed several times at the new Sheraton across the airport (where the marriott is as well).

The Sheraton MNL Airport is indeed brand new but i honestly am not too keen with the people working there. Really glad this Sheraton opened as we get a 3rd option. Plus rates here are 1/3 cheaper compared to Sheraton MNL.

Havent heard of the Ritz opening anytime soon but theres a westin opening next year at the Fort i think. And you need to come by the Sheraton Resort Cebu opening next year as well!
ftrichard and kaffir76 like this.
Old Oct 11, 19, 4:51 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador/LTG, Qatar Platinum
Thanks for the review. The decor is a bit too dated for my liking but glad to know that a renovation is forthcoming. My Manila go-to is the Grand Hyatt for its excellent views, stellar club lounge and location in BGC, but this is one to consider...

As for the Ritz, itíll be a conversion of the Maximís hotel by the airport, in the same complex as the Sheraton and Hilton; the switchover was supposed to happen years ago but has clearly been delayed until 2021. Not an ideal location in any way, especially for a Ritz.

khabah
Old Oct 11, 19, 6:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Cathay Pacific Gold
Originally Posted by supatight80 View Post
SNIP
Dont hesitate staying here, Youll be treated extremely well with their top notch service and excellent hospitality.
Hi. Thanks for the review. Great to hear. I'm planning a two-center Sheraton-fest next year here and Cebu. Hope the refurb is done by then.
Old Oct 12, 19, 6:38 am

Programs: THAI ROP SL, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, SQ KF GO, LCAH GO, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Originally Posted by supatight80 View Post
Havent stayed at the Marriott. But stayed several times at the new Sheraton across the airport (where the Marriott is as well).
The Sheraton MNL Airport is indeed brand new but i honestly am not too keen with the people working there.
Really glad this Sheraton opened as we get a 3rd option. Plus rates here are 1/3 cheaper compared to Sheraton MNL.
Havent heard of the Ritz opening anytime soon but there's a Westin opening next year at the Fort i think. And you need to come by the Sheraton Resort Cebu opening next year as well!
May I ask what didn't you like about the staff @ the Sheraton Manila Hotel (opposite NAIA T3)
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...-manila-hotel/

I was confused a few weeks ago when I tried to make a booking & almost clicked on Sheraton Manila Bay by mistake

Were the front desk or concierge not helpful? Rude?
They were great when I was there last week & the location next to T3 works out great for me.

I've got a trip coming up again next month, perhaps I should give the SMB a try

SMH ( and the Hilton ) is really pricey for a hotel next to the airport terminal ..
(granted it is a very fancy and brand new hotel, perhaps they get quite a fair bit of business from the Resorts World nearby)

Search this Thread