Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Annual Fee Retention Bonus - Marriott Bonvoy Amex

Old Jul 25, 2019, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Boraxo
Direct Retention # 1-800-452-3945
For earlier discussion focusing on the SPG Amex card view the Annual fee retention bonus for Starwood Amex Card (Pre-May, 2019)

Personal Card Retention Offers:
8/27/2019 -- 20,000 pts for $2000 spend in 3 months, >$15K spend in last year
8/28/2019 -- 20,000 pts for $2000 spend in 3 months,
Print Wikipost

Annual Fee Retention Bonus - Marriott Bonvoy Amex

Old May 8, 2020, 7:27 am

Programs: Hilton-Diamond, IHG-Spire Elite, Hyatt Platinum
$25 if I spend $500

Personal Bonvoy-annual fee just posted. minimal spend in past year. Mentioned not travelling, no use for free night certificate. Amex member for 23 years. Got only 1 offer $25 if I spend $500 in next 3 months. Had to listen to how great it is to get extra points for grocery shopping (and of course I just said I can't travel and use the points so how is that great?)
VBoogie likes this.
Old May 8, 2020, 3:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Originally Posted by joakgarp
It's not possible to earn more than 15 elite nights/Bonvoy account apart from having a personal and biz US Amex card which gives 15+15.
So if you've already gotten 30 elite nights, you won't get anything more.
​​​​
How do you know this and where does it say that?

I have written to Amex for the extra 15 nights in the hope of securing 45 in total which would be a great little boost!
Old May 8, 2020, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by calculus1918
The 15 extra elite card is only for the business card. I have two Amex Bonvoy card including the Brilliant and the Chase Marriott original and only have 15 elite nights with all 3.
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
The consensus seems to be that you can get the 15+15 nights only if you have one business and one personal card.
​​​​​​
Can you earn 30 elite night credits for Bonvoy from credit cards?

Two personal cards, one from AmEx, and one from Chase, will only get you 15 nights, at least as to current data points.

The two types of card can be with different issuers or the same issuer, though only Chase AmEx has a business card currently open to new applicants.

Further discussion about earning 15+15 nights should be relegated to the foregoing thread.
Originally Posted by calculus1918
I think only Amex has the business card open, Chase business is not available anymore the last time I checked.
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Thank you. I mis-remembered this post.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32251197-post28.html

Sorry for drawing this thread off-topic.
Originally Posted by transparent
Haven’t tried for retention offer recently as the free night cert has more or less washed out the AF, but this year Marriott is allowing 15 elite nights per card if you have the Chase version too. That may be worth it to keep it.
So there are only two available Bonvoy Amex business cards around the globe, us and Canadian. I've read the American holders get their 15 elite nights on top of the personal Bonvoy card. But what about the Canadian business Amex for Bonvoy, does it give 15 elite nights as well?

Edit: Found this article which says it's only available to get 15+15 through an US Amex Personal + Biz card. Not with a mix of Canada and US or just Canada with Personal + Biz. At the moment. Hopefully Amex Canada will update its terms.
As a european I kind of think it's easier to do a global transfer to Canada than the US.
Here's the article and I've also double checked with the terms on the Canadian Amex page. https://princeoftravel.com/blog/how-...platinum-elite
Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
As a Canadian Cardholder, they haven't extended this 15 + 15 benefit to me as a double card holder. You'd think this would be an opportune time with the down turns.
Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket
I have two US cards and one UK card.

So far have only received 30 for the US card.

Nothing for the UK card at all.

Have written to Amex UK to see what the problem is as why shouldn't I qualify for the UK 15?
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
Under the same Marriott account?
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I have 2 US cards (Chase and Amex) and 1 Canadian card (Amex) and have received 15 Elite nights, which I believe is all I’m entitled to!
Yes.
It's not possible to earn more than 15 elite nights/Bonvoy account apart from having a personal and biz US Amex card which gives 15+15.
So if you've already gotten 30 elite nights, you won't get anything more.
​​​​
Originally Posted by Happy
What kind of US cards you have? If both are personal cards then yes, only 15 nights credit.

Only 1 personal 1 business US cards would get 15 nights on each. The UNCLEAR area is, if both cards must be AMEX cards or 1 Chase personal 1 AMEX business would also receive 15 nights on each. I have not seen any DP on this combo. All I see reported are both personal and business cards issued by AMEX (the personal being from the SPG days as Chase got the right to issue all personal cards while AMEX all business cards when Marriott renewed the deals.)
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
I have Chase business, Chase personal and Amex personal I got 30 nights total.
Originally Posted by qlaval
Same here, only 15 nights...
How do you know this and where does it say that?

I have written to Amex for the extra 15 nights in the hope of securing 45 in total which would be a great little boost!
Perhaps these posts should be moved to this thread.

Can you earn 30 elite night credits for Bonvoy from credit cards?
lainys and margarita girl like this.
Old May 12, 2020, 7:58 pm

Quick retention offer update. 3k spend on Amex Bonvoy Biz. 10k points with no spend. 20k points for 6k spend over 3 months.
No offer for Personal Bonvoy with no spend over the last year.
Old May 12, 2020, 9:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I have the Canadian card. Annual Fee just posted. I called to cancel. they didn't try to save me. oh well.
Old May 14, 2020, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Called today on my Marriott Bonvoy AmEx. I'd gotten a retention offer back in 2018, no offer in 2019 (because I'd gotten one in '18). Called today, rep talked up the extra 4 points per dollar at grocery stores, offered to switch to a no-fee card, but no offers. Keeping the card for now.
Old May 14, 2020, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism
Called today on my Marriott Bonvoy AmEx. I'd gotten a retention offer back in 2018, no offer in 2019 (because I'd gotten one in '18). Called today, rep talked up the extra 4 points per dollar at grocery stores, offered to switch to a no-fee card, but no offers. Keeping the card for now.
Is this a legacy SPG consumer card? I thought there was no NAF card to downgrade to for that one.
Old May 15, 2020, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by st1575
Is this a legacy SPG consumer card? I thought there was no NAF card to downgrade to for that one.
I can't recall if it was the legacy SPG or legacy Marriott. I didn't pay much attention to the no annual fee card the agent offered. I'll keep the card for the free night cert.
Old May 18, 2020, 12:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum
Have the converted Amex SPG to Amex Marriott Bonvoy business card. Annual fee of $125 hit back at the end of April. Called today for retention information. Only offer was 3,000 Marriott points.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 10:29 am

Have a lot of spend on the personal card (Guessing ~$40k) and called today with no offer. Think I had fee waived back in '17 or '18 but not recently. Will HUCA.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 1:59 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Personal card, have had it for years, minimal spend throughout the year, no offer last year - now no offers this year from either front line or retention, and past the deadline to get the fee refunded
Old Jun 15, 2020, 4:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Personal card: Was offered 30,000 points for $5,000 spend or $100 credit for $2,500 spend in three months.

I took the $100 credit as $5k is a lot considering I'm not doing much these days.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 5:16 pm

personal card - no retention bonus - closed
Old Jul 2, 2020, 3:53 pm

$25 statement credit if $500 spent in next 90 days
Old Jul 21, 2020, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro (LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTG), HH Diamond
Personal card: 20,000 points with no spend requirement. Took the offer.

(did not receive an offer last year but kept the account open)
Boraxo likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.