Corporate rate contact?

Old Jul 25, 19, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Corporate rate contact?

I'd like to talk to someone at Marriott about setting up a corporate rate at hotels for our employees when they travel. I can't find any kind of contact for that on their website. Does anyone know whom I can talk to about this?
Old Jul 25, 19, 1:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If there are a few hotels that your employees use regularly (or would use regularly), you could try starting there, either to negotiate a corporate with them specifically (through the sales manager or GM in small or limited service properties) or you could ask them who to contact for a national or worldwide corporate rate. However, it could be difficult for a small company to get much of a discount. In some cases, smaller companies would use a corporate TA contract to negotiate rates or supply a general corporate rate for bookings.
Old Jul 25, 19, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

THere aren't just a few hotels. We travel nationwide and not necessarily to the same hotels all the time. We specifically don't want to hire a corporate travel agent now because of a general desire not to increase bureaucracy or force people to book a certain way.
Old Jul 25, 19, 6:26 pm

There is a list of the regional sales offices on the website. However, only the Greater China region lists a phone number.

https://www.marriott.com/agents/sales.mi

I'd recommend calling the general reservations line and asking for the phone number for your region. Or, you could try using the Contact Us form on the website.

https://www.marriott.com/marriott/contact.mi

That said, unless your company does a ton of travel, expect to be politely declined. I have no clue what the thresholds are for Marriott, but for the chain I used to work, the base level for getting a chain-wide discount was something like 10,000 room nights annually. And that was just for a slight discount (10% if I remember correctly).

Although I understand not wanting to hire a corporate travel agency, I think MSPeconomist's advice is probably the only way for a small or medium-sized company to get a discount. The corporate travel agency can combine all their clients together in order to justify a discount from a hotel group like Marriott.
Often1 likes this.
Old Jul 25, 19, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Ask the Sales Manager at a local property for a regional corporate sales contact. They get credit for the referral if it pans out and will be happy to make the referral.

As others note, don't get your hopes up. A solid corporate TA is more likely to get you better savings than you can possibly negotiate and may save you money on airfare and other ground services as well.
Old Jul 25, 19, 6:42 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by writerguyfl View Post
The corporate travel agency can combine all their clients together in order to justify a discount from a hotel group like Marriott.
Agreed. Unless you can guarantee hundreds to thousands of room nights per year, you're not going to get anything good.

Search this Thread