Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Another Month Another Late Chase Elite Night Credit

Old Jul 23, 19, 11:34 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, Mileage Plus Silver

Has anyone got their 1 elite night credit/$3K spend for June statement yet? Mine hasn't posted yet and July is almost over.
Old Jul 23, 19, 11:52 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime SkyClub
Originally Posted by seat38a View Post
Has anyone got their 1 elite night credit/$3K spend for June statement yet?
I did.
Old Jul 23, 19, 1:58 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond (C) Hyatt Explorist (M)
Since the delay a few months ago mine have been posting on the 10th like clockwork
Old Jul 23, 19, 7:17 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Has anyone got their 1 elite night credit/$3K spend for June statement yet? Mine hasn't posted yet and July is almost over.
It is not late. Chase has changed the schedule to be late. So folks can't close the card after receiving the award night.
Old Jul 23, 19, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, Mileage Plus Silver
Originally Posted by RedSun View Post
It is not late. Chase has changed the schedule to be late. So folks can't close the card after receiving the award night.
Interesting. Yeah my posting date seems to be all over the place.
Old Jul 23, 19, 7:51 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

With most credit cards, card holders get 30-day after AF posted to close the card and get the AF refunded. CC companies do not want to deal with the free night claw-back. So many card holders still abuse the system. Both Chase and AmEx do like this now. Expect up to 2 months of delay.
Old Jul 23, 19, 9:52 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond (C) Hyatt Explorist (M)
With most credit cards, card holders get 30-day after AF posted to close the card and get the AF refunded. CC companies do not want to deal with the free night claw-back. So many card holders still abuse the system. Both Chase and AmEx do like this now. Expect up to 2 months of delay.

I believe OP is referring to the Elite night we get every month for spend- not the one time (or annual) bonus on the card. The Legacy Marriott credits one night for every $3000 spent on the credit card.
dgreen12 and seat38a like this.
Old Jul 23, 19, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by damon88 View Post

I believe OP is referring to the Elite night we get every month for spend- not the one time (or annual) bonus on the card. The Legacy Marriott credits one night for every $3000 spent on the credit card.
Thats exactly what I a referring to.
Old Jul 24, 19, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
the op isn't talking about the free award night but rather 1 elite night credit towards qualification that you get by spending $3k on the card....
Old Jul 24, 19, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
spent over $12k on the card last month & the 4 nights credit posted a couple of weeks ago....
Old Jul 24, 19, 1:46 am
Original Poster

Interesting, I think I might have to give them a call tomorrow.
Old Jul 24, 19, 6:37 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
spent over $12k on the card last month & the 4 nights credit posted a couple of weeks ago....
Almost exactly the same statement for me. Haven't had any issues for a while.
Old Jul 24, 19, 7:01 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, PC Ambassador Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Marriot/SPG Gold, TK Gold
Not to hijack the thread - but I wonder what you are basing your statement on - that is not my experience (including posting in the last two months).
Old Jul 26, 19, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Ok, just got off a call with Chase after Marriott threw me back to them. So it looks like there's been some issues with the June statement and its affected LOTS of people according to the rep I talked to at Chase. She said that information has been resubmitted and correct posting for June statement is in the works.

Search this Thread