FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Orlando Airport Marriott Lakeside, FL [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1979563-orlando-airport-marriott-lakeside-fl-master-thread.html)

EHAM1 Jul 20, 2019 2:56 pm

Orlando Airport Marriott Lakeside, FL [Master Thread]

Is there someone who stayed here recently?
I see they have re-modelled the rooms, and the rate I see is relatively ok. Plus they have a lounge..
They do seem to charge for parking but no resort fees.

lamphs Sep 15, 2022 7:22 am

Marriott MCO Lakeside

More like a pond rather than a lake...

Really nothing to write about, except it is the first FS property I've stayed in since pre-COVID where the check-in process went as per the program, i.e. Platinum recognition, choice of points or $10 F&B credit, notification of lounge availability for breakfast, inquired as to whether or not I wanted late checkout, and placement on the concierge floor - all proactive.

I arrived late, so did not experience the evening lounge. Breakfast was served in the lounge - normal stuff and served the purpose.

Good front desk and lounge staff.

Shuttle departs the hotel every 30 minutes (at least in the mid morning). Told shuttle operates 24/7. I had to call the hotel for the shuttle after I grabbed my bag from baggage claim. The front desk staff wanted to know exactly where I was. "United baggage claim #23 - outside." "Is that the A or the B side?" "I don't know this airport." "Please call back when you find out and I'll send the shuttle over." "Thank you." I finally looked at some signage (turned out it was B) and called back and I was told what parking space to wait for the shuttle.

ikwia Aug 14, 2023 6:08 pm

Some quick notes on a recent week-long trip to this property, which I liked overall. While the lounge breakfast was pretty bare bones and was exactly the same each day, the evening hors d'oeuvres were quite good. Although there was only one hot selection each night, each was quite good and unlike the traditional lounge offerings (e.g., BBQ pulled pork sliders, sausage and onion/pepper medley, etc.). There was also a nice selection of vegetables, cheese, hummus, dips, etc. in the evening. The lounge has only water and coffee -- no sodas. My room was nice although small, and included a refrigerator but no microwave, and it had a safe. There is a common-use microwave available on the ground floor. The restaurant food was quite good.

GateGuardian Oct 18, 2023 6:02 pm

Drove by today and saw them taking down the Marriott sign outside. Does anyone know if it's just maintenance or they are changing the brand?

elmira56925 Oct 18, 2023 8:42 pm

The lights haven’t been working for years. I’m amazed they got around to fixing it after like 5 years.

dave456 Dec 18, 2023 9:15 am

Originally Posted by ikwia (Post 35497896)
Some quick notes on a recent week-long trip to this property, which I liked overall. While the lounge breakfast was pretty bare bones and was exactly the same each day, the evening hors d'oeuvres were quite good. Although there was only one hot selection each night, each was quite good and unlike the traditional lounge offerings (e.g., BBQ pulled pork sliders, sausage and onion/pepper medley, etc.). There was also a nice selection of vegetables, cheese, hummus, dips, etc. in the evening. The lounge has only water and coffee -- no sodas. My room was nice although small, and included a refrigerator but no microwave, and it had a safe. There is a common-use microwave available on the ground floor. The restaurant food was quite good.

I just stayed at the hotel and was quite disappointed with the executive lounge. This is the first full-service Marriott that I've seen that did not have a full selection of beverages (pepsi products, etc.) in the lounge. Aren't there brand standards for lounges? I know full service Marriotts in NA were supposed to convert to an M Lounge format by some point. I'm assuming older hotels like this one might have been granted exceptions. But a lounge with no drinks besides water and coffee is ridiculous. I ended up paying $4 from a vending machine down the hall. Can't believe they put a vending machine on the supposed "concierge" floor.

elmira56925 Dec 19, 2023 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by dave456 (Post 35831332)
I just stayed at the hotel and was quite disappointed with the executive lounge. This is the first full-service Marriott that I've seen that did not have a full selection of beverages (pepsi products, etc.) in the lounge. Aren't there brand standards for lounges? I know full service Marriotts in NA were supposed to convert to an M Lounge format by some point. I'm assuming older hotels like this one might have been granted exceptions. But a lounge with no drinks besides water and coffee is ridiculous. I ended up paying $4 from a vending machine down the hall. Can't believe they put a vending machine on the supposed "concierge" floor.

I believe it’s not corporate owned but a franchisee. They make up their own rules.

dave456 Dec 21, 2023 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by elmira56925 (Post 35835853)
I believe it’s not corporate owned but a franchisee. They make up their own rules.

Most Marriott hotels are not corporate owned. Nonetheless, there are minimum brand standards that have to be followed and they can be quite extensive. I'd assume lounge guidelines might call for minimum beverage requirements although I haven't seen them.

I sat next to someone on a flight who worked for a Marriott property owner a few months ago. He gave me some background on how extensive those guidelines are. Nonetheless, enforcement seems to be hit or miss these days.

elmira56925 Dec 21, 2023 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by dave456 (Post 35840805)
Most Marriott hotels are not corporate owned. Nonetheless, there are minimum brand standards that have to be followed and they can be quite extensive. I'd assume lounge guidelines might call for minimum beverage requirements although I haven't seen them.

I sat next to someone on a flight who worked for a Marriott property owner a few months ago. He gave me some background on how extensive those guidelines are. Nonetheless, enforcement seems to be hit or miss these days.

id agree with ur statement. However it’s very clear the franchisee don’t care about Marriott standards. Marriott corporate doesn’t seem to hold them accountable and they know it. I’ve called Marriott corporate and all that happened is to open a case that basically goes into a black hole.