Nice Le Meridian or Boscolo

Old Jul 14, 19, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Nice Le Meridian or Boscolo

Flying into NIce late and leaving on a cruise from Monaco the next day. Trying to stay with a Cat 5 hotel. so considering the Le Meridian or Boscolo. Other option might be Riviera Marriott Hotel La Porte which looks like it is between Nice and Monaco. Both hotels in Nice have pretty bad/so so reviews but latest is from a while ago.
Old Jul 14, 19, 11:59 pm

Programs: BAEC - Silver Marriott - Platinum Elite
I also am looking at Le Meridien Nice for next May and would be interested in reading others' experiences. I booked a refurbished room if that matters.
Old Jul 15, 19, 4:31 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Skywards Platinum
I was in the area last month. Stayed in Cannes though.

however, while visiting the area, I noticed that there is heavy construction infront if the Boscolo,it seems like it has been there for a while. It will be extremely difficult to get in/out of the hotel.

hence my recommendation would be to stay at Le Meridien.
Old Jul 15, 19, 7:10 am

Programs: BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); Hyatt Somethingorother; UA Silver
If you stay at the Le Meridien you will have the added bonus of not having to see the Le Meridien when you look out the window.
Old Jul 15, 19, 9:10 am

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, LH Silver, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, Hyatt Disc, PC Plat, CC Gold
LeM Nice is a decent hotel but in no means anything special other than the location. There is a thread on the hotel that will certainly give you more details. Le Meridien Nice, France [Master Thread]

I haven't stayed at the Boscolo so I cannot comment on it.

I would familiarize yourself with the distance between Nice and the cruise terminal. Depending on what time of day you are traveling, I would plan anywhere from 30-60 minutes from Nice to the terminal. Based on this, it might make more sense to stay in Monaco.
Old Jul 15, 19, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
With the Boscolo being part of the Autograph Collection and the other hotel Le Meridien is breakfast offered for Elites at both chains?
Old Jul 15, 19, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, LH Silver, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, Hyatt Disc, PC Plat, CC Gold
Originally Posted by holocker View Post
With the Boscolo being part of the Autograph Collection and the other hotel Le Meridien is breakfast offered for Elites at both chains?
Yes, it's a welcome amenity choice for both brands.
Old Jul 15, 19, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by christianj View Post
Yes, it's a welcome amenity choice for both brands.
For Le Meridien it's a welcome amenity choice. For Autograph Hotels (not resorts) it should be offered in the lounge, or a replacement given as part of the legacy Marriott breakfast benefits. That would be in addition to the Plat welcome amenity choice.

The lounge thread has it as this for both properties:
* Nice / Boscolo Exedra, Autograph Collection / No Lounge; Full brekkie in restaurant; 07/18 update
* Nice / LeMeridien / No Lounge; Full breakfast off menu; 03/19 update
Old Jul 15, 19, 3:21 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
I stayed at the boscolo in low season (between Christmas and new year). Staff was very nice. I had booked two rooms, both upgraded to some sort of superior room with balcony. Swimming pool is smallish. Breakfast was good. The construction around the hotel was not a problem: the valet moved our car to make sure there would be no problem with the construction, and we ended up not paying for any parking for the whole stay (which can be expensive in Nice). The hotel's restaurant was surprisingly good. by the way avoid "le rolancy": lowest point of the holiday.
Old Jul 15, 19, 8:34 pm

Stayed at the Le Meridien Nice last week. Amazing hotel. Booked the lowest price room and upgraded to the panoramic view suite with views of the french riviera from my bed. Balcony was so amazing and right below the restaurant, therefore packed a pizza and had dinner there with the complimentary wine provided while watching the sunset. Breakfast was also one of the best and the croissants were so good. Yes it might be an older hotel, but i was very satisfied with the room and property overall. Icing on the cake was when i was given an 8am check in and 4pm checkout the next day.

Search this Thread