Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

"Go to the back of the line, Sir", Marriott Elite Check In Line

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Go to the back of the line, Sir", Marriott Elite Check In Line

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2019, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CIT85
You must check out in person in China and sign credit card authorization paper, not such thing as online checkout and by pass human interaction. Although you'll never have the same problem with Front Desk telling Titanium member to go to the back on the line.
I've never had issue with Marriott or Hilton properties in China. No need to have to, though most cases I prefer to do it.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 11:01 am

The property is likely required by corporate to post the sign, but have taken it upon themselves to ignore it. They obviously haven’t heard of social media.

As for the emailed receipt, prior to the merger I always had a folio mailed to me in the wee hours (mainly US properties) at Starwood properties. Since the merger I never have. We just checked out of the Marriott in Wailea and there was nothing, so we stood in line (if there’s an elite line there, I didn’t see it) to check out.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 11:44 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
My latest stay at a Sheraton resulted in the following emails:

(1) Your Sheraton Hotel Guest Folio at 5:10 am
(2) Your Sheraton Hotel Guest Folio at 11:08 am, with an identical folio attached
(3) Your updated and final Sheraton Hotel Guest Folio at 11:10 am, with an extra payment for parking added which they had previously overlooked.

I had checked out at 10:50 am.

My point being that anyone who reiies on the first emailed folio they receive is iiving in an unreal universe. I, too, prefer to have a hard copy in case of later disputes. The practice of providing an updated and altered folio after the fact seems to me to be undesirable and susceptible of abuse.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I've never had issue with Marriott or Hilton properties in China. No need to have to, though most cases I prefer to do it.
Are you positive???

JW Marriott Shanghai in July. I had to check out at the front desk and sign the invoice and the one for the credit card that goes to the hotel's bank, Bank of China. Same thing with Anaz Xintiandi.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by OUTraveling
I actually got an email from the property management regarding how my stay went. With that email already received, I did not bother to contact Marriott CS. Now I wonder if this is the standard corporate policy or just specific to that property.
Given the response you received from the hotel, I would absolutely write in to Marriott Corporate and complain.

They might still blow you off, but you have to remind them it's not acceptable to mistreat their Elite customers.

Renaissance Palm Springs = lousy customer service
dgreen12 and cmd320 like this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 7:34 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by 1P
My latest stay at a Sheraton resulted in the following emails:

(1) Your Sheraton Hotel Guest Folio at 5:10 am
(2) Your Sheraton Hotel Guest Folio at 11:08 am, with an identical folio attached
(3) Your updated and final Sheraton Hotel Guest Folio at 11:10 am, with an extra payment for parking added which they had previously overlooked.

I had checked out at 10:50 am.

My point being that anyone who reiies on the first emailed folio they receive is iiving in an unreal universe. I, too, prefer to have a hard copy in case of later disputes. The practice of providing an updated and altered folio after the fact seems to me to be undesirable and susceptible of abuse.
First, I get your point, the initial E-Folio may not be accurate and I agree with that assessment. What I have found is if I do get the initial E-Folio before checkout that it is a reliable indicator that I will also receive the final updated E-Folio in a timely fashion (typically later the same day). This is just my observation based on empirical data from my stays. I suppose it is indeed possible that a property could send out an initial E-Folio the morning of checkout and never send the final one. So far that hasn't happened to me. Now I am doomed for saying that and tempting fate :-) Hopefully it continues to be a reliable indicator for me. If not, I will eventually wind up having to call and/or email a property to get a final corrected portfolio.

--Jon
Old Jul 30, 2019, 8:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by CIT85
Given the response you received from the hotel, I would absolutely write in to Marriott Corporate and complain.

They might still blow you off, but you have to remind them it's not acceptable to mistreat their Elite customers.

Renaissance Palm Springs = lousy customer service
FWIW, I usually find Remington Hotels to be a pretty good operator in terms of elite recognition.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.