FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Denver Marriott Tech Center (Colorado) [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1977115-denver-marriott-tech-center-colorado-master-thread.html)

est-gratuite Jul 7, 2019 9:42 am

Denver Marriott Tech Center (Colorado) [Master Thread]

Seems like there is no thread for this hotel.

Official website:
https://www.marriott.co.uk/hotels/tr...t-tech-center/

Address:
4900 S. Syracuse Street,
Denver, Colorado
80237 USA

Anyone stayed there in the last 12 months and can report ?

jonisflying Jul 7, 2019 12:47 pm

Its been a few years, the hotel was okay - I could hear people in the next room when I was in the bathroom. Could be just a bad room... Nice hotel other than that. Location is good, if you are working in the area. I ended up staying downtown on all subsequent trips, until they closed the Marriott downtown (switched to Hilton), then switched to the Renaissance (which I really liked).

Jon Maiman Jul 7, 2019 6:31 pm

Pint Brothers in the hotel is better than your typical hotel bar/restaurant. M Club Lounge is large and spacious. Food offerings in the lounge are only okay. Property has recently been renovated including the rooms. All in all, a good choice for the area. YMMV....

--Jon

est-gratuite Jul 8, 2019 3:18 am

Originally Posted by jonisflying (Post 31278686)
Its been a few years, the hotel was okay - I could hear people in the next room when I was in the bathroom. Could be just a bad room... Nice hotel other than that. Location is good, if you are working in the area. I ended up staying downtown on all subsequent trips, until they closed the Marriott downtown (switched to Hilton), then switched to the Renaissance (which I really liked).

Originally Posted by Jon Maiman (Post 31279663)
Pint Brothers in the hotel is better than your typical hotel bar/restaurant. M Club Lounge is large and spacious. Food offerings in the lounge are only okay. Property has recently been renovated including the rooms. All in all, a good choice for the area. YMMV....

--Jon

Thank you both for your replies.
I notice many of the rooms have a trreace / balcony. Can either of you remember how big the balconies are ?
I mean...can 1 or 2 people sit on chairs and relax outside on the balcony, or is it strictly standing room only ?

Also, how is the outside swimmng pool ?

Jon Maiman Jul 8, 2019 6:31 am

Originally Posted by est-gratuite (Post 31280563)
Thank you both for your replies.
I notice many of the rooms have a trreace / balcony. Can either of you remember how big the balconies are ?
I mean...can 1 or 2 people sit on chairs and relax outside on the balcony, or is it strictly standing room only ?

Also, how is the outside swimmng pool ?

Sorry, I was there for a business stay and didn't use the swimming pool. I don't recall a balcony in my room; however, I didn't look for one either.

--Jon

bigshooter Jul 8, 2019 9:42 am

I was last there about 4 years ago before the full refurbishment...location is good for business and lots of chain restaurants but hotel needed work. Good to know they updated it. The rooms facing the arboretum/bar had balconies IIRC. The best part was the hotel was hosting a furry convention while I was there... we sat in the bar drinking beers while watching some interesting folks coming and going. Got some photos with a few of the higher end costumes as well.

The new marriott off Lincoln is much better but further south. The light rail drops off at the bottom of the hill that leads to the parking lot though so very convenient if you want alternatives. Otherwise stay downtown.

ryandc99 Aug 25, 2022 4:16 pm

Any recent stays?

pseudoswede Aug 25, 2022 10:34 pm

My EVP had the tires stolen off his rental car in the parking lot last year. We all got a laugh out of that.

Shanahan's Steakhouse just up the street is probably my favorite steakhouse south of downtown.