Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Tysons Corner, Virginia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz-Carlton Tysons Corner, Virginia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2022, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does this hotel still offer free shuttle service within a three-mile radius and a video game room for kids?

Last edited by SkyTeam777; Jun 25, 2022 at 2:20 pm
Old Jun 25, 2022, 5:53 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold, United Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Does this hotel still offer free shuttle service within a three-mile radius and a video game room for kids?
I don't know about the video game room but the resort offered free shuttle service which is a great perk if you want to go to the malls. The friendly driver gave us his number and we called him to pick us up from Eddie V's after dinner.
Overall, a very good hotel. We always stay there when flying out from IAD instead of the airport hotels.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
The video game room is open again.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 3:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Just finished a two night stay. Mrs Vker and I each had a FNA expiring. Its our favorite place to use them as its a 75 min drive from home. Big wedding on property, so happy to get them reserved-but no upgrades. Seemed that only two of four elevators working so lines got VERY long. Sometimes 20 people waiting. Otherwise great, relaxing stay. Main floor renovations are done. I like the remodel of Entyse. Got breakfast amenity both mornings and ate there. Really enjoyed that. One dinner we ate in the Galleria mall-Maggiano's. Friday night was at The Palm. That's an awesome place-just a 2 minute walk from the Valet entrance. We used the free hotel shuttle to go to the other mall Tysons Corner Center. All in all a great visit. We have bags from several nice shops with something for Mrs. Vker and each of the five grandkids. Nothing for me! But that's OK. Home today with still two days left to the long weekend.
SPN Lifer, rhg247 and iluvdoco like this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 6:22 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by rhg247
The video game room is open again.
That’s still a neon-lit room with those game machine-hooked monitors that have gamer over-the-head/ear headsets resting on them?

How many gamer stations nowadays?
Old Jul 2, 2022, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by DELee
Common similarity of the RC Tysons Corner and RC Pentagon City are that both are attached to a mall. Difference is, the RC Tysons Corner, there's a path/route that can go from the parking garage in/out of the hotel. No such luck at the RC Pentagon City.

Both hotels have a similar look/feel for the non-RC elite. I've not bought upto Ritz Club access at either hotel. I've stayed a few times at the RC Tysons Corner and would continue to go there.
This is the hotel website:

https://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotel.../tysons-corner

As noted, the hotel is located in (immediately adjacent to) the Tysons Galleria mall, also known as "Tysons II".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tysons_Galleria

Directly south, in walking distance across from the Metro Station (Silver Line) and Chain Bridge Road (Va. Hwy. 123), is the Tysons Corner Center mall, also known as "Tysons I".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tysons_Corner_Center

Behind the Tysons I mall is the Tysons Corner Marriott, west of the Capital Beltway (I-495).

Tyson's Corner Marriott vs Ritz Carlton

I stayed at the Tysons Corner Marriott in July 2015 for two days and in July 2017 for a week, enjoying the convenience of Metro travel and easy access to IAD, shared with the Ritz-Carlton. Surprisingly, the former does not have its own thread.

See also Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Washington Dulles Airport (IAD, Northern Virginia)
Old Jul 2, 2022, 9:35 pm

Can't say for certain, as I've never actually been in there. I just remember seeing it was open again. I think it's called "Game On"
Old Jul 3, 2022, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Wasn't there just a shooting at the Tyson's mall?
Old Jul 3, 2022, 1:26 am
Original Poster

Any reviews of the Club Lounge here?
Old Jul 3, 2022, 7:04 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
At the Corner Center-not the Mall connected to the hotel.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Right now, they wont let you add Club access at check in-which was one of the things I liked doing with the FNA. But we've used the Club often. Excellent staff. We are on a first name basis with most who have been there 10+ years. Its small, but comfortable. Food offerings compared to Aruba, Orlando and some of the purpose built lounges leave Tysons a little lacking. Maybe a 7 out of 10.
rhg247 and iluvdoco like this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
The lounge isn't "fancy" like you might find at a more luxurious RC, but it's solid. Around 4ish months ago they had a sushi chef up there one weekend, but didn't see him on my last trip. I wish I could add on the club upgrade at check in, but for now, that's still a no go.The breakfast offerings and omelette / egg station are good.

I will say that I went to the Pentagon City RC CL on a whim b/c it was available with pure points, and while it was larger, it was lacking the same charm of the TC CL. Service was more perfunctory and the food at the time a few months ago was sparse. So the TC is definitely nicer.

I agree that the staff makes it worth it though. I've spent more $ at the TCRC paying for the CL all pretty much b/c of the service and just how charming the evening host, Shima, is. I hope she never leaves!
Mr. Vker and iluvdoco like this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 9:32 am

The lounge isn't "fancy" like you might find at a more luxurious RC, but it's solid. Around 4ish months ago they had a sushi chef up there one weekend, but didn't see him on my last trip. I wish I could add on the club upgrade at check in, but for now, that's still a no go.The breakfast offerings and omelette / egg station are good.

I will say that I went to the Pentagon City RC CL on a whim b/c it was available with pure points, and while it was larger, it was lacking the same charm of the TC CL. Service was more perfunctory and the food at the time a few months ago was sparse. So the TC is definitely nicer.

I agree that the staff makes it worth it though. I've spent more $ at the TCRC paying for the CL all pretty much b/c of the service and just how charming the evening host, Shima, is. I hope she never leaves!

So...a story about Shima. In 2016, Mrs. Vker was undergoing extensive aggressive treatment for triple negative breast cancer. 20 weeks chemo, 6 weeks radiation and started with lumpectomy. It was grueling. During the cherry blossom festival, Mrs Vker just needed to get out of the house a bit. But she had little stamina. So a drive in that area and a weekend at the RCTC with club access. Even with the convenience of the Club, Vicky had difficulty with the walk to the club eating there etc. So we were going to do room service. Shima wouldnt have it. Each presentation, Shima delivered Vicky her own assortment of the offerings and refilled anything she wanted. She made sure the rest of the staff did the same for bfast etc. Ended up being a wonderful weekend of relaxation. Change of scenery. Vicky has made a full recovery. But these expressions of care will NEVER be forgotten. I wrote several letters about this. When I needed info from the front desk to do so, the guy said "How did Shima help?" I said how did you know it was her? "He said, its always Shima, she's awesome." She is.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
So...a story about Shima. In 2016, Mrs. Vker was undergoing extensive aggressive treatment for triple negative breast cancer. 20 weeks chemo, 6 weeks radiation and started with lumpectomy. It was grueling. During the cherry blossom festival, Mrs Vker just needed to get out of the house a bit. But she had little stamina. So a drive in that area and a weekend at the RCTC with club access. Even with the convenience of the Club, Vicky had difficulty with the walk to the club eating there etc. So we were going to do room service. Shima wouldnt have it. Each presentation, Shima delivered Vicky her own assortment of the offerings and refilled anything she wanted. She made sure the rest of the staff did the same for bfast etc. Ended up being a wonderful weekend of relaxation. Change of scenery. Vicky has made a full recovery. But these expressions of care will NEVER be forgotten. I wrote several letters about this. When I needed info from the front desk to do so, the guy said "How did Shima help?" I said how did you know it was her? "He said, its always Shima, she's awesome." She is.
That is so touching and sweet! <3 My mom also survived a similar course of treatment. So I know how crappy it can make someone feel. I'm happy Mrs Vker is well. And not surprised at all that Shima went out of her way to organize the staff to bring some extra light to your getaway. It's obvious that she not just provides exemplary service, but actually cares about her guests.

Let's nominate Shima for Pres of Bonvoy Operations
dgreen12 and Mr. Vker like this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 4:14 pm

That is so touching and sweet! <3 My mom also survived a similar course of treatment. So I know how crappy it can make someone feel. I'm happy Mrs Vker is well. And not surprised at all that Shima went out of her way to organize the staff to bring some extra light to your getaway. It's obvious that she not just provides exemplary service, but actually cares about her guests.

Let's nominate Shima for Pres of Bonvoy Operations
She does care. She got a First Class Card from the CEO or whomever was in charge of Ritz operations at the time. Still makes me tear up writing the post. Im such a big baby.
SPN Lifer and rhg247 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.