Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Earning Elite Nights on Marriott Vacation Club

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2019, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

Hi! If you purchase timeshare presentation sales package to attend a presentation at a Marriott Vacation Club for a significantly reduced rate compared to retail prices do you earn Elite night credits? I have not been able to get a clear answer from Marriott. However the reservation for the MVC does not show up in my Bonvoy account. Any feedback or knowledge or experience with this would help. Thanks!
Old Jul 2, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by keastbay
Hi! If you purchase timeshare presentation sales package to attend a presentation at a Marriott Vacation Club for a significantly reduced rate compared to retail prices do you earn Elite night credits? I have not been able to get a clear answer from Marriott. However the reservation for the MVC does not show up in my Bonvoy account. Any feedback or knowledge or experience with this would help. Thanks!
2 Questions.
1. Did you buy the time-share sales package via an official Marriott Channel? (i.e. not via 3rd party websites)

2. Does the timeshare presentation sales package include an overnight stay? (or just a same day 2 hour presentation?)

FYI, Relevant T&Cs are all on the Marriott website.
https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi

7.1.c Due to the nature of Marriott Vacation Club and Marriott Grand Residence Club properties, the following special conditions apply to their participation in the Loyalty Program:
i. Members will earn Elite Night Credit for a Qualifying Stay at Marriott Vacation Club and Marriott Grand Residence Club properties, and for stays at Participating Properties as part of the MVC Exchange Program (e.g. City Explorer).
ii. Members will earn Points or Miles for all Qualifying Charges at Marriott Vacation Club and Marriott Grand Residence Club properties.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
The OP is talking about an Encore package/presentation package. Those do not earn elite nights. Paid stays or actual timeshare use stays do earn elite nights. The reservation should show up in your upcoming trips. We are on one now, and ours did/does.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 10:36 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
MVC Marketing Stay Nights Count?

Completed a marketing package stay at a MVC property. It was a cheap rate and we attended a timeshare. I understand the room rate we paid wouldn’t qualify for points but what about night credits? What about incidentals? Any data points?

Thanks!!
Old Feb 15, 2020, 7:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
Completed a marketing package stay at a MVC property. It was a cheap rate and we attended a timeshare. I understand the room rate we paid wouldn’t qualify for points but what about night credits? What about incidentals? Any data points?

Thanks!!
No elite nights. You should get points for eligible room charges.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 12:38 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Even incidentals depends. At some properties, such as the 2 in Park City, the marketplaces are run by an outside company I was told so no points credit.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 9:38 am

Hi! Does anyone know if I receive elite night credits if a room at a vacation club property is booked using someone else's timeshare points? Thanks!
Old Aug 7, 2020, 9:42 am
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by campbellsa
Hi! Does anyone know if I receive elite night credits if a room at a vacation club property is booked using someone else's timeshare points? Thanks!
Hello campbellsa,

We'd like to clarify that in order to receive the elite nights and/or points, member must stay and pay with his(er) own credit card or using points from his(er) own account at a qualifying rates and hotels. For further information, please see paragraph '2. Earn Points' under https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi . Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.