Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All Inclusives

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2019, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
All Inclusives

So searching, a ton. Does Marriott allow us to use points at ANY all inclusive properties?
Old Jun 28, 2019, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by etsmyers
So searching, a ton. Does Marriott allow us to use points at ANY all inclusive properties?
Yes, but with so few all inclusive, none of them that great, I don't think I would bother.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Don't some/all charge a surcharge for all-inclusive? So the points only get you the room?
Old Jun 29, 2019, 8:28 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by ankomonkey
Don't some/all charge a surcharge for all-inclusive? So the points only get you the room?
No, the points also get you the all-inclusive for up to two adults. For more than two adults (adults or children), there is a surcharge and the surcharge can vary based on the age of the children. The reservation form for all-inclusive allows you to indicate the age of each child.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 9:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by controller1
No, the points also get you the all-inclusive for up to two adults. For more than two adults (adults or children), there is a surcharge and the surcharge can vary based on the age of the children. The reservation form for all-inclusive allows you to indicate the age of each child.
I queried Marriott Resort & Spa, Hurghada (Egypt) and was told a redemption would get us room-only. All-inclusive required paying a surcharge for each guest. Any examples of hotels that do include 2 adults all-inclusive as part of the points price?
Old Jun 30, 2019, 2:43 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I queried Marriott Resort & Spa, Hurghada (Egypt) and was told a redemption would get us room-only. All-inclusive required paying a surcharge for each guest.
Unless I'm looking at the wrong hotel, the Hurghada Marriott isn't an all-inclusive hotel. It does look like for most room types, one can "upgrade" the base rate to have a more "all-inclusive" option, but that would match telling you there would be an up-charge to an award for an all-inclusive stay.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Al Maha resort I believe is all inclusive (in terms of food and I think drinks)...
Old Jun 30, 2019, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
Al Maha resort I believe is all inclusive (in terms of food and I think drinks)...
Oh I forgot about Al Maha. That's the best all inclusive for Marriott. ^
Old Jun 30, 2019, 4:54 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Al Maha is food and activities. Alcohol is not included (apart from the odd treat).
Old Jun 30, 2019, 5:14 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
I queried Marriott Resort & Spa, Hurghada (Egypt) and was told a redemption would get us room-only. All-inclusive required paying a surcharge for each guest. Any examples of hotels that do include 2 adults all-inclusive as part of the points price?
Westin Playa Conchal Resort, Costa Rica is all-inclusive including alcohol. Points cover everything.
ankomonkey likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by hhoope01
...that would match telling you there would be an up-charge to an award for an all-inclusive stay.
Exactly. I'm pretty sure that's what I was offered.

So it looks like there aren't many options - only 2 mentioned so far!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.