All Inclusives

Old Jun 28, 19, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
All Inclusives

So searching, a ton. Does Marriott allow us to use points at ANY all inclusive properties?
Old Jun 28, 19, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by etsmyers View Post
So searching, a ton. Does Marriott allow us to use points at ANY all inclusive properties?
Yes, but with so few all inclusive, none of them that great, I don't think I would bother.
Old Jun 29, 19, 11:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Don't some/all charge a surcharge for all-inclusive? So the points only get you the room?
Old Jun 29, 19, 8:28 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PlatPro 2.3MM; Marriott LT Plat; Hilton Gold; Vistana 5-Star Elite; National Car Exec Elite
Originally Posted by ankomonkey View Post
Don't some/all charge a surcharge for all-inclusive? So the points only get you the room?
No, the points also get you the all-inclusive for up to two adults. For more than two adults (adults or children), there is a surcharge and the surcharge can vary based on the age of the children. The reservation form for all-inclusive allows you to indicate the age of each child.
Old Jun 30, 19, 9:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by controller1 View Post
No, the points also get you the all-inclusive for up to two adults. For more than two adults (adults or children), there is a surcharge and the surcharge can vary based on the age of the children. The reservation form for all-inclusive allows you to indicate the age of each child.
I queried Marriott Resort & Spa, Hurghada (Egypt) and was told a redemption would get us room-only. All-inclusive required paying a surcharge for each guest. Any examples of hotels that do include 2 adults all-inclusive as part of the points price?
Old Jun 30, 19, 2:43 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
I queried Marriott Resort & Spa, Hurghada (Egypt) and was told a redemption would get us room-only. All-inclusive required paying a surcharge for each guest.
Unless I'm looking at the wrong hotel, the Hurghada Marriott isn't an all-inclusive hotel. It does look like for most room types, one can "upgrade" the base rate to have a more "all-inclusive" option, but that would match telling you there would be an up-charge to an award for an all-inclusive stay.
Old Jun 30, 19, 3:24 pm

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black
Al Maha resort I believe is all inclusive (in terms of food and I think drinks)...
Old Jun 30, 19, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AbuCordoba View Post
Al Maha resort I believe is all inclusive (in terms of food and I think drinks)...
Oh I forgot about Al Maha. That's the best all inclusive for Marriott.
Old Jun 30, 19, 4:54 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Amb, Hilton Diamond, AMEX Plat
Al Maha is food and activities. Alcohol is not included (apart from the odd treat).
Old Jun 30, 19, 5:14 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PlatPro 2.3MM; Marriott LT Plat; Hilton Gold; Vistana 5-Star Elite; National Car Exec Elite
I queried Marriott Resort & Spa, Hurghada (Egypt) and was told a redemption would get us room-only. All-inclusive required paying a surcharge for each guest. Any examples of hotels that do include 2 adults all-inclusive as part of the points price?
Westin Playa Conchal Resort, Costa Rica is all-inclusive including alcohol. Points cover everything.
ankomonkey likes this.
Old Jul 1, 19, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by hhoope01 View Post
...that would match telling you there would be an up-charge to an award for an all-inclusive stay.
Exactly. I'm pretty sure that's what I was offered.

So it looks like there aren't many options - only 2 mentioned so far!