Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4th night free with Credit Card?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2019, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

4th night free with Credit Card?

Does Marriot offer 4th night free if you have one of their Credit Card?

With the regular 5th night free, do you have to stay at the same place - it looks like it has to be one reservation and I do not know if you can make a single reservation with multiple hotel/location.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 2:18 pm

Not with Marriott's cards. Maybe you're thinking of Citi Prestige's 4th night free benefit?

The 5th night free benefit is for single property.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by sciconf
"4th night free" is not a published benefit of any Marriott Bonvoy credit card from American Express or Chase.

With the regular 5th night free, do you have to stay at the same place - it looks like it has to be one reservation and I do not know if you can make a single reservation with multiple hotel/location.
"5th night free" is only a benefit when booking with Marriott Bonvoy points. If you make a 5-night reservation at a single hotel with points, the number of points is the same as if you make a 4-night reservation at that hotel.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 2:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ntamayo
Not with Marriott's cards. Maybe you're thinking of Citi Prestige's 4th night free benefit?
I held that card for a few years. It's a Citi product not related to any hotel program, but could definitely be used at Marriott - if you booked through Citi's travel agents via a series of back-and-forth emails.

For anyone interested in this product, go read the Visa/MC forum that has a long dedicated thread about it. It was a very popular card among FTers for a period of time, but 2018-2019 has brought a *lot* of changes to this card, including to the utility of the 4th Night Free benefit. Last time I checked, they were trying to route all of the bookings through a web portal that pushed a lot of prepaid rates and limited the special rate codes you could provide. But I don't know the latest.

I won't say it's dead, but I will say it's best to think of it as a "4-night discount, usually" and something based used at expensive hotels that do not penalize you for booking through a 3rd-party agent.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 5:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver

Chase offers 4th night free on their IHG credit card when booking awards. Hilton also offers 5th night free on awards like Marriott but they always need to a single stay in single property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.