Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

FAQ : How long for points to post ? / Points not posting

FAQ : How long for points to post ? / Points not posting

Old Jun 21, 2019, 11:26 am

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
This must be highly variable by property. I’ve had to get my Ambassador to intervene at the 11 day mark to get at least a half dozen stays to post over the last few months, including some $$$$ stays. The Park Central in SF that seems to be a serial offender.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TechnoTourist
Plus any points for F&B at the bar/lounge/restaurant/pantry and other services such as spa, massage, etc.
Which is all on your folio, coded to the exact place you spent it. So the IT system should be able to take this and resolve it to your points without any human intervention.

Even MAGC, if you mobile check in, the system has number of nights too.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by Antarius
Which is all on your folio, coded to the exact place you spent it. So the IT system should be able to take this and resolve it to your points without any human intervention.

Even MAGC, if you mobile check in, the system has number of nights too.
Marriott will not have any of the F&B charges until the hotel sends them the folio. There appears to be some end-of-day or other batch process to upload this info from the hotel to the Bonvoy IT servers. When you have a missing stay request or contact the Bonvoy twitter team you have to provide your own copy of the folio so clearly there are multiple non-integrated systems at play here.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 1:05 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
I completed a 3 night stay at the Westin Guadalajara on June 19th. When I checked my account on June 21st the points and nights along with the Double Elite promotion had posted. It may have been sooner, I didn't check prior to June 21st but the reservation fell off the the upcoming stays list the day after check-out. After the 3-day stay my nights jumped from 49 to 55.

James
Old Jun 22, 2019, 2:18 am

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
I started with Marriott this year and so far over 20+ stays and not one of them was delayed. Always exactly at the same time 2 days later around midnight westcoast usa time. All stays in Asia. Maybe they are just more punctual :P
Old Jun 22, 2019, 6:34 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
My small experience:

34 on 38 stay this year, points credited the morning after check out date.

2 on 38 points credited 2 days after check out date

2 on 38 not posted at all and have submitted claim, managed until day after
Old Jun 22, 2019, 8:26 pm

Completed an 8-night stay last Wednesday. Originally a 5-night stay extended by 3 nights so 2 separate reservations. The 3-night stay posted yesterday, before the 5-night stay that has yet to post. Go figure
Old Jun 22, 2019, 9:41 pm

My June stats of 5 stays at le meridien, ritz Carlton, 2 Marriotts, and a JW all posted within 48 hours. Must be property specific posting to the Marriott system.

Originally Posted by stuyguy
Completed an 8-night stay last Wednesday. Originally a 5-night stay extended by 3 nights so 2 separate reservations. The 3-night stay posted yesterday, before the 5-night stay that has yet to post. Go figure
Was your first folio amount transferred to the second folio? I that happen before and they only credited my nights for the second folio because theoretically the transfer is only one amount without nights. Got it corrected via email. Now if I have two reservations back to back, I clear the first folio and have them start the second folio for the same room.
stuyguy likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by myperks
Was your first folio amount transferred to the second folio? I that happen before and they only credited my nights for the second folio because theoretically the transfer is only one amount without nights. Got it corrected via email. Now if I have two reservations back to back, I clear the first folio and have them start the second folio for the same room.
Separate folios. Thanks for your input. I'll contact Marriott

Last edited by stuyguy; Jun 23, 2019 at 8:29 am
Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium; Amtrak Select
Four of last five stays required filing a missing stay request for either part or all of the stay. One case required multiple back and forth with Marriott before it finally posted (and this was with hotel management helping me). Because they post without explicit detail, you have to do the math to figure out if you're getting all entitled points, e.g. I had to chase down the 500 points bonus for weekend stays during the last promo. Never had to file a missing stay request for anything with SPG.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat
Really slow for me, typically averaging a week -- I see no reason why stays should not post within 48 hours. I have had to file missing stay request for 2 stays in the last 2 months. I find that to be a pain, and I hate that I have to keep track so that I can go back and check what has/not posted.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Westin Puerto Vallarta, 2 night stay, nice upgrade before arrival. The correct points and DEQN posted the day after departure.

James
Old Jun 23, 2019, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by acrophobia
This must be highly variable by property. I’ve had to get my Ambassador to intervene at the 11 day mark to get at least a half dozen stays to post over the last few months, including some $$$$ stays. The Park Central in SF that seems to be a serial offender.
This is just a guess because I never worked at a Marriott property. But, where I did work, frequent guest points weren't awarded until the night audit was audited.

As most people know, every hotel runs a daily procedure to compile the transactions of the day and verify them for accuracy. Although it's called the Night Audit, some hotels actually have a Front Desk representative run the procedure but wait and do the audit part during the day. (It can be difficult to find someone with an aptitude for numbers to work third shift.)

Any hotel that follows standard accounting practices will then have someone audit the night audit to ensure everything is correct. I did that job for about a year under the title of Income Auditor. I verified the figures before entering them into the general ledger. In my hotel, I was the person that signed off on frequent guest points before electronically sending the report to the corporate office to handle distributing those points.

That process of auditing the night audit does not need to be the same day (except at the end of an accounting period). For example, I didn't work weekends in that position. On Monday, I'd audit Friday, Saturday, and Sunday's audit. Smaller hotels are far less likely to have a dedicated Income Auditor. It would be crazy for a small hotel to have the Accounting Manager wait and do a week's worth of audits at once.

That's my guess as to why some hotels are quicker than others in terms of awarding points. But, it's also possible that some hotels are just not doing what is required.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Eight days since I checked out of a Westin in Houston and nothing in the account. It’s a good thing I don’t depend on being able to download the folio for my expense reports....
Old Jun 29, 2019, 2:28 pm

I've been trying to figure out the delays myself. I used to think it was property-specific, but at least in the past 2 months, I've stayed at hotels which normally post within 1-2 days take up to 10, and they're managed by Marriott Corporate not some 3rd party. I'd love to know from someone on the other side of the desk on how this whole thing works (or doesn't).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.