Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Convert Marriott Bonvoy points to Aeroplan 35%

Old Jun 20, 19, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTPP

7 days only! Convert your Marriott BonvoyTM points into miles to fly sooner!It's back on!
TechnoTourist likes this.
Old Jun 20, 19, 5:03 pm

Programs: AC, Marriott
35% for everyone this time! Perfect timing for me
Old Jun 20, 19, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TechnoTourist View Post
35% for everyone this time! Perfect timing for me
Yup. Maybe they actually heard the complaints from last time.
Old Jun 20, 19, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

By the way, I can't find anything in the T&C's about whether this transfer can be used for a Travel Package.
Old Jun 21, 19, 5:05 am

Done! Do you not receive any type of confirmation email? I never received anything but my points definitely have been removed.
Old Jun 21, 19, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by Bravada04 View Post
Done! Do you not receive any type of confirmation email?
No email notification is sent. Points took a couple days to transfer to Aeroplan with the last promotion in April.

EDIT: Received an email from Marriott today. We Received Your Points Transfer Request

We received your request to transfer points to miles with Air Canada. Please allow up to 6 weeks for the transfer to be completed.

Last edited by TechnoTourist; Jun 21, 19 at 8:22 am
Old Jun 21, 19, 6:49 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Is this worth it?

I have about half a mil of Avios that I cannot use. Aeroplan scares me now due to AC taking over.
Old Jun 21, 19, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes View Post
Is this worth it?
It's worth it for me as:
  1. The bonuses bring a Bonvoy point from ~0.8 cpp to ~1.4 cpp
  2. The miles will be long gone by the time AC takes over.
I subscribe to the earn & burn mentality as points/miles will invariably devaluate over time.
Old Jun 21, 19, 8:28 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Originally Posted by TechnoTourist View Post
It's worth it for me as:
  1. The bonuses bring a Bonvoy point from ~0.8 cpp to ~1.4 cpp
  2. The miles will be long gone by the time AC takes over.
I subscribe to the earn & burn mentality as points/miles will invariably devaluate over time.

We have the same mentality. Though with Avios it is hard to burn. We have about 200K Marriott points right now after having pre booked our vacation for next February. Dont know what to do with these 200K Marriott points. I guess Im trying to decide where to park the points- Marriott or Aeroplan
Old Jun 21, 19, 9:31 am

The Aeroplan conversion bonus seems to come along regularly so would probably leave them alone if I didn't have a plan for Aeroplan redemption in the next couple months
Old Jun 21, 19, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by Safti View Post
By the way, I can't find anything in the T&C's about whether this transfer can be used for a Travel Package.
I don't have the terms available, but I checked yesterday and they have verbiage that states that Marriott has a stay and fly package and that the bonus is not applicable. It's the last sentence of the last paragraph of the T&Cs.
Old Jun 21, 19, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joeags View Post
I don't have the terms available, but I checked yesterday and they have verbiage that states that Marriott has a stay and fly package and that the bonus is not applicable. It's the last sentence of the last paragraph of the T&Cs.
Hum..... I will have to look more closely at that.
Old Jun 21, 19, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joeags View Post
Can you point to the section and subsection number you are viewing because I can't see anywhere in the T &C's where they actually spell it out.
Old Jun 21, 19, 11:05 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb / LTTE, VSE 5 Star Elite
Bonus offer valid only on conversions received from Marriott BonvoyTM loyalty program points into Aeroplan Miles made between June 20 and June 26, 2019 (23:59 EDT). All the other hotel loyalty programs are not eligible for this bonus miles promotion.

Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be issued by Aeroplan as follows: once the total Aeroplan Miles are earned by exchanging points from the Marriott Bonvoy
TM program during the promotion, the bonus miles that will be deposited will represent 35% of the total miles earned from the exchange. Bonus Aeroplan Miles may take up to 4 to 6 weeks to be credited after the promotional offer end date of June 26th, 2019.

While the conversion of Membership Rewards
points from American Express Card members accounts into Aeroplan Miles is still possible, it is not eligible for this bonus miles promotion.

Bonus Aeroplan Miles received from the exchange of Marriott Bonvoy
TM points or any other hotel loyalty program points into Aeroplan Miles are not eligible for status in the Aeroplan program. Please note that the Marriott Bonvoy program has hotel and flight redemption packages where Aeroplan Miles are issued however these said packages are not eligible to receive conversion bonuses
Old Jun 23, 19, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YYJMSP View Post
Bonus offer valid only on conversions received from Marriott BonvoyTM loyalty program points into Aeroplan Miles made between June 20 and June 26, 2019 (23:59 EDT). All the other hotel loyalty programs are not eligible for this bonus miles promotion.

Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be issued by Aeroplan as follows: once the total Aeroplan Miles are earned by exchanging points from the Marriott Bonvoy
TM program during the promotion, the bonus miles that will be deposited will represent 35% of the total miles earned from the exchange. Bonus Aeroplan Miles may take up to 4 to 6 weeks to be credited after the promotional offer end date of June 26th, 2019.

While the conversion of Membership Rewards
points from American Express Card members accounts into Aeroplan Miles is still possible, it is not eligible for this bonus miles promotion.

Bonus Aeroplan Miles received from the exchange of Marriott Bonvoy
TM points or any other hotel loyalty program points into Aeroplan Miles are not eligible for status in the Aeroplan program. Please note that the Marriott Bonvoy program has hotel and flight redemption packages where Aeroplan Miles are issued however these said packages are not eligible to receive conversion bonuses
Thanks for sending this. I still can't find it myself but appreciate that you have found it for me.