Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Points stay, ways to ask for other room category in advance when only offer one type

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points stay, ways to ask for other room category in advance when only offer one type

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2019, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriot Silver

Hi everyone. I have a trip in September and currently have two hotels booked with Marriott points for Paris. I am traveling with my teenage son, and I figure he would have a strong preference for a room with two beds that aren't jammed together king bed style. This has proven to be a challenge in Europe! For Paris I am stuck with 25k rooms a night, so my choices are the Moxy Paris and the Courtyard Gare de Lyon which are both in the area of town I prefer. I was able to reserve two twin beds at the Moxy, but the rooms are small and don't have safes etc. So I have a preference for the Courtyard but they only offer king beds with points, which I reserved for the time being as well. I was hoping to somehow contact the hotel and see if they would let me have a basic twin room but Marriot doesn't list emails for hotels! Its rather shocking, especially since Hilton makes it very easy and I have already been in contact with a Hilton I am staying with later. I have only very basic Marriott status ( silver credit card earned ) so no real leverage there. If anyone has any ideas or tips I would appreciate it. Either way I realize I am pretty lucky to have a hotel for so few points.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 9:17 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by beme
Hi everyone. I have a trip in September and currently have two hotels booked with Marriott points for Paris. I am traveling with my teenage son, and I figure he would have a strong preference for a room with two beds that aren't jammed together king bed style. This has proven to be a challenge in Europe! For Paris I am stuck with 25k rooms a night, so my choices are the Moxy Paris and the Courtyard Gare de Lyon which are both in the area of town I prefer. I was able to reserve two twin beds at the Moxy, but the rooms are small and don't have safes etc. So I have a preference for the Courtyard but they only offer king beds with points, which I reserved for the time being as well. I was hoping to somehow contact the hotel and see if they would let me have a basic twin room but Marriot doesn't list emails for hotels! Its rather shocking, especially since Hilton makes it very easy and I have already been in contact with a Hilton I am staying with later. I have only very basic Marriott status ( silver credit card earned ) so no real leverage there. If anyone has any ideas or tips I would appreciate it. Either way I realize I am pretty lucky to have a hotel for so few points.
Get SKYPE. Buy $ 5 of credits. Get the hotel you wnat to talk to phone number off the web site. Call hotel during their daytime. Ask for Gen Mgr name and emailadd. Your email will be given to room reservation person.You can ask for the GMs secretary and explain what you want, s/he will transfer you to the appropriate person.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 9:26 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Welcome to FlyertTalk!

Removed comment - it was incorrect.

Last edited by neo_781; Jun 20, 2019 at 9:28 am Reason: Wrong information
Old Jan 9, 2020, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

As an update for future people searching this, I was able to get in contact to the hotel (Courtyard Gare de Lyon). They switched me to a twin room without any fuss. It was a nice room with the exception of the glass bathroom door and the huge bathroom door gaps.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 7:38 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Glad to hear that it worked out well. How did you wind up contacting them? I didn't realize this thread was 6 months old so I was doing some research on contacting them. Turns out they have a facebook page https://www.facebook.com/CourtyardParisGaredeLyon/ So for other folks trying to reach them in the future, you might be able to use facebook messages. I also found an email address for them on their facebook page: [email protected]

--Jon
duhe likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Hey John,

yes [email protected] was the email they ended up communicating to me from. Its the front desk email address. I think I ended up with the managers address from a chat with marriott, and then they replied from the email address above.

Brittney

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.