Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

63 night stay [Bonvoy maximum stay length for credit ?]

Old Jun 10, 2019, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL (LTG), Marriott LT Titanium, EK Plat, Amex Cent

I just started a 63 night stay at one of the Dubai properties. I recall that in the good old days of Starwood, there was. 90 day max stay for points/stays credit. I have search on Marriott and also this forum but cannot find any such restrictions on Bonvoy. Will I be ok on this stay or shall I split it?
Old Jun 10, 2019, 1:59 pm

I have seen it claimed once before that there was a 30 day limit to stays for EQNs and Points. However the poster had no evidence to prove such a limit and there were several other posters who refuted his claim... including one who had stayed 30+ and received points credit.

You could split it to be safe or ask periodically if the hotel will pre-settle your account while youre still there.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 2:03 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Dgp4216
I have seen it claimed once before that there was a 30 day limit to stays for EQNs and Points. However the poster had no evidence to prove such a limit and there were several other posters who refuted his claim... including one who had stayed 30+ and received points credit.

You could split it to be safe or ask periodically if the hotel will pre-settle your account while youre still there.
Wouldn't checking out and back in on the same day (splitting the reservation) just extend the "stay?"

James
Old Jun 10, 2019, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Wouldn't checking out and back in on the same day (splitting the reservation) just extend the "stay?"
Per the Terms and Conditions, yes.

"If a Member checks out of a guest room and then checks back in to a guest room at the same Participating Property within 24 hours, it will count as a single stay for purposes of calculating Stays and issuing Member benefits."
That's from Section 2 (2.1.d.i): https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi
Old Jun 10, 2019, 5:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Amex Plat, National Elite
I'd suggest checkout after 28 nights or so.. for couple nights and check back right in for 28 again..
Old Jun 10, 2019, 5:43 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by Dgp4216

i recalled this too but just did a control+F of the T&Cs and didn't see anything that seems to limit the the number of consecutive nights for which one may receive credit.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 6:23 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
I don’t believe there is any limit to the number of consecutive nights in order to receive points. 30 nights is significant, because in many jurisdictions if you stay 30 or more nights , you do not pay tax.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by lougord99
I dont believe there is any limit to the number of consecutive nights in order to receive points. 30 nights is significant, because in many jurisdictions if you stay 30 or more nights , you do not pay tax.
In some jurisdictions, like Chile, foreigners don't pay the local 19% tax for stays under 60 days. People staying in hotels are considered transient occupants up to 30 nights in certain jurisdictions; at 31 nights, they become tenants. As such, tenancy law comes into play including eviction. It is much like a rental vehicle that usually has a 28 day maximum rental period. Beyond that, a lease is required. Alternatively, you could return the vehicle within 28 days and start a new rental.

There are many things to consider for stays longer than 30 days.

James
Old Jun 10, 2019, 8:03 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
I have stayed 46 and 42 nights at properties this year and I even got the double night and double points for the 42 night stay
Old Jun 10, 2019, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

63 days in Dubai in June/July!?! You deserve triple points for that alone.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by RoxyMountain
63 days in Dubai in June/July!?! You deserve triple points for that alone.
lol Totally agree, and if the winds are off the Gulf the humidity is a killer. Think Miami at 117F. Your glasses immediately fog up when you step outside. At least the bus stops and metro & stations are air conditioned. If you care to go swimming in the 100 F Gulf waters be sure to wear shoes in the sand unless the beach sand is cooled as it is in some areas. I have been there in July & August several times.

James
Old Jun 10, 2019, 10:26 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Whatever you do, dont try to cool off in a pool if hungover one day and not notice that youre in the sun. It will HURT.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 12:57 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
I have done over 60 last year in Dubai and I was ok.

FYI, ensure they dont charge you for the Tourisam Dirham fee after the 30th night. As per the law, it is maxed at 30 nights.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 2:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL (LTG), Marriott LT Titanium, EK Plat, Amex Cent
Its a bit of a mattress run. Rates are super cheap in DXB then and I have a very close friend who will live there for free
Old Jun 11, 2019, 3:17 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
This might be a good time to page a Lurker to confirm whether Bonvoy has an equivalent of SPGs 90 day maximum stay length to be counted as eligible policy,.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.