FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Unexpected/Unexplained Nights Boost (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1973160-unexpected-unexplained-nights-boost.html)

acrophobia Jun 8, 2019 1:42 pm

Unexpected/Unexplained Nights Boost

I just noticed that my YTD nights increased by a substantial amount overnight; enough that I went from being on pace to finish the year with 80-90 nights to easily being on pace to requalify for AE. I was not targeted for the double night promo, and if I had been the boost would have been much larger. I see nothing in my history that explains the boost. I also don’t have the CC, and the size of the boost doesn’t match the CC benefit anyway.

Anyone else seeing this in their accounts? I assume it will eventually be clawed back...

BTW, the boost put me over the threshold for choice benefits. Not sure if I should take them or not at this point.

bhrubin Jun 8, 2019 2:17 pm

How many nights did you gain unexpectedly?

TechnoTourist Jun 8, 2019 2:29 pm

You can see the details of your earned elite nights and it will show if they were paid nights, redeemed nights or bonus nights (promo, CC, rewarding events).

acrophobia Jun 8, 2019 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin (Post 31183381)
How many nights did you gain unexpectedly?

A dozen. If I had been targeted for the double night’s promo, it would have been more like 30-40. I had almost no nights in January/early Feb because of a knee injury.

acrophobia Jun 8, 2019 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by TechnoTourist (Post 31183404)
You can see the details of your earned elite nights and it will show if they were paid nights, redeemed nights or bonus nights (promo, CC, rewarding events).

Except there is no annotation for these nights at all. Suddenly my nights total is 12 more than the some of my earned elite nights, and I got the email for my choice benefit.

silverforumsurf Jun 8, 2019 6:57 pm

Hmm did you have a meeting post? Or do you hold a marriott card? Check the nights details in the app to see if the counter for promo or meeting or credit card nights has increased

acrophobia Jun 8, 2019 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by silverforumsurf (Post 31183920)
Hmm did you have a meeting post? Or do you hold a marriott card? Check the nights details in the app to see if the counter for promo or meeting or credit card nights has increased

Negative on all counts. No card, no meetings (ever), and nothing in my posting history to explain the gap. I think I’ll just start staying quiet about this and see what happens.

craigthemif Jun 8, 2019 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by acrophobia (Post 31183966)

Negative on all counts. No card, no meetings (ever), and nothing in my posting history to explain the gap. I think I’ll just start staying quiet about this and see what happens.

Unfortunately what comes could easily go with the next IT patch. Unless you can figure out why these nights have appeared, you're best to assume that they don't really exist. Nobody wants to get to January and then lose their status because Marriott fixed a mistake... (too late to do anything about it)

pageboy Jun 8, 2019 7:57 pm

I, too, received one “phantom” night about a week ago. The activity referenced my Mar BV Business Amex base spend. Not sure if this helps you. And FWIW, I would probably take the benefit and assume Bonvoy is correct.