Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Most Aspirational Award Properties

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2019, 4:39 pm
Original Poster
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Most Aspirational Award Properties

A few years back @bhrubin started a very valuable thread on the old forum highlighting some of the most aspirational properties for Award stays in the Marriott portfolio.
I am certain the list is not complete but it's a great start. I know I have used it for inspiration.

Per @bhrubin : "I'm looking for the most amazing luxury properties, not necessarily the most amazing countries/locales. So for these purposes, it is all about the most aspirational luxury hotels/resorts. These are for AWARD STAYS ONLY. Obviously, that precludes all Ritz-Carlton Reserve and Bulgari properties."
Or North Island Seychelles

Here are a list of aspirational properties from the list (obviously some are more aspirational than others)
I hope others will make additions- especially hidden gems or new additions.

Al Maha, Luxury Collection, UAE
Bodrum EDITION
Chatwal
Cristallo, Dolomites
Danieli, Luxury Collection, Venice
Domes of Elounda, Crete
Domes Miramare, Corfu
Equinox in Vermont
Gritti Palace, Luxury Collection, Venice
Hotel Alfonso XIII, Luxury Collection, Seville
Hotel Grand Bretagne, Luxury Collection, Athens
Hotel Imperial, Luxury Collection, Vienna
Hotel Marques de Riscal, Luxury Collection, Spain
Inn at Bay Harbor Michigan
La Caresse Luxury Collection in Bodrum, Turkey
Las Alcobas, Luxury Collection, Mexico City
Las Alcobas Napa
Maria Cristina
Mystique, Luxury Collection, Santorini
Phoenician / Canyon Suites/ Residences
Pine Cliffs Ocean Suites
Powerscourt Hotel
President Wilson Geneva
Prince de Galles, Luxury Collection, Paris
Prince Gallery Tokyo
Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay
Ritz Carlton Kyoto
Ritz Carlton Lake Tahoe
Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay
Ritz Carlton Montreal
Ritz Carlton Ras Al Khaimah
Ritz Carlton Tokyo
Ritz Carlton Hong Kong
Ritz Carlton Shanghai
Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch, CO
Ritz Carlton New York Central Park
Ritz Carlton Hotel Arts Barcelona
Ritz Carlton Vienna
Schloss Fuschl, Luxury Collection, Salzburg
St. Regis Aspen
St. Regis Bal Harbour
St. Regis Bali
St. Regis Bora Bora
St. Regis Deer Valley
St. Regis Florence
St Regis Hong Kong
St. Regis Lhasa, Tibet
St. Regis Langkawi
St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Island
St. Regis Mallorca
St. Regis Mexico City
St. Regis Punta Mita
St. Regis New York
St Regis Osaka
St. Regis Rome
St Regis San Francisco
St Regis Venice
Suiran
Tambo del Inka, Luxury Collection, Peru
Trump Turnberry Resort, Luxury Collection, Scotland
Vana Belle Luxury Collection Koh Samui
W Retreat & Spa, Maldives
W South Beach
W Verbier, Switzerland
Wentworth by the Sea Portsmouth

I know there are some great properties missing from the list.

Last edited by damon88; Jun 8, 2019 at 4:25 pm Reason: Added new properties to the list
Old Jun 7, 2019, 5:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I'd add La Caresse Luxury Collection in Bodrum, Turkey

Vana Belle Luxury Collection Koh Samui too
damon88, EuropeanPete and rny321 like this.

Last edited by SHLTP; Jun 7, 2019 at 6:03 pm
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I'd take off the StR Mexico City...just a nice, urban hotel, not really aspirational.

Equinox is "fine" and unique, but I don't see it as especially aspirational either.

I would add the Augustine in Prague to the list...while not expensive, IMO it is truly a spectacular property w/ a unique origin.
btonkid12345 likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:02 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
The Ritz Carlton Ras Al Khaimah - Al Hamra and Al Wadi
dimon84 likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I'd take off the StR Mexico City...just a nice, urban hotel, not really aspirational.
Same with the one in SF. I'd say that many of the St. Regis properties are like this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 8:00 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by SHLTP
I'd add La Caresse Luxury Collection in Bodrum, Turkey

Vana Belle Luxury Collection Koh Samui too
If you add Caresse to the list, then you will have to add Bodrum EDITION which is in a similar league as Caresse.

And for Koh Samui, VB is only #4 price-wise on the island so you might also have to add W, Library, and RC. Not that W is getting fantastic reviews though, but it would seem odd to call VB aspirational while being only the 4th most expensive option while maintaining that the #1 is not aspirational. Of those 4 I have only been to Library so I am not in position to judge VB vs W other than price, but based on reports on FT it seems some have the opinion that VB is the better value for the money while W is better if money is no object.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 8:26 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
I'd add Domes Miramare (Corfu).

I might also add some Design Hotels, particularly in Europe, although these might qualify more as "nice urban hotel" rather than "aspirational."
Memmo Principe Real (Lisbon)
Nobis Cophenhagen
Old Jun 7, 2019, 11:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
One idea would also be to add Category numbers next to each property.
m.photog likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 3:14 am

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Anything that is affordable, comfortable and where I want to be is aspirational enough for me.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 9:30 am
Community Director Emerita

I've just stayed at the Cristallo, Dolomites. Amazing property and outranks many of those on the list. I'm ready to return. It's a 2 hour drive north of Venice for those wondering.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 9:43 am
Original Poster
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I've just stayed at the Cristallo, Dolomites. Amazing property and outranks many of those on the list. I'm ready to return. It's a 2 hour drive north of Venice for those wondering.

Thank you for the suggestion- we are considering a return to Venice (our favorite) and one of our regrets is never exploring the surrounding area. Cristallo sounds intriguing and we are adding to our list.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 10:06 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by escape4
And for Koh Samui, VB is only #4 price-wise on the island so you might also have to add W, Library, and RC.
Yes, but it's the only Marriott/SPG property on the island I would consider "aspirational." To me that concept embodies more than just price.

I would drop Prince Gallery Tokyo. It's a nice Japanese business hotel, but not aspirational in the way that, for example, PH Tokyo is.

RC Hong Kong belongs on the list, but I would not include the California RCs (HMB and Tahoe). And StR SF is certainly not on my list
Old Jun 8, 2019, 11:37 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
I would drop Prince Gallery Tokyo. It's a nice Japanese business hotel, but not aspirational in the way that, for example, PH Tokyo is.

RC Hong Kong belongs on the list, but I would not include the California RCs (HMB and Tahoe). And StR SF is certainly not on my list
I must respectfully disagree with you on the Prince Gallery Tokyo. It’s as or more aspirational and far nicer to me than the PH Tokyo. Much better hard product, second only to Aman Tokyo, actually, along with just as nice service, excellent F&B, and a more Japanese feel. When it can compete successfully with an Aman, it’s aspirational IMO.

I also respectfully disagree with you (and some others) on the RC Half Moon Bay and StR San Francisco. They’re both womderful. HMB is a destination resort on its own, and the StR SF is starting its renovation to reclaim its top spot in the city—and already still is among the 2-3 best hotels in that aspirational destination.

The room rates for all those clearly demonstrate how aspirational they really are, to boot.
Condition One likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
I would add W South Beach, especially if StR BH is on the list.

If we’re trying to keep this list limited, Gritti Palace and Suiran are all-time stays for me.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 3:44 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by bhrubin
The room rates for all those clearly demonstrate how aspirational they really are, to boot.
The Marriott Marquis SF charges over $1000/night during heavy demand periods. I would hardly call that property aspirational.
joshua362 likes this.

Last edited by Kacee; Jun 8, 2019 at 3:55 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.