Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lisbon extra person fee (for 2nd person)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lisbon extra person fee (for 2nd person)?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
As long as the bed is what we want, I tend to just show up and see if they add a charge on. It's so complex as to where and when they do, not limited to Portugal. And it is dependent on underlying rates as well and I have found some where the front desk clerk digs in and sees that my corp rate does in fact say no charge for second person when the property is used to rates that do require such a charge. 50 Euro seems like a lot for a second person though, not sure I have ever seen that high a charge. I just booked a bunch of rooms for Portugal and none of them included any fee for an additional guest. Maybe I am at the 50% of properties that dont charge according to the experiment above...
Old Jun 4, 2019, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by rickg523
Possible explanation. Did you say you got a corporate rate of 140 initially?
Perhaps the corporate rate of 140 is negotiated and presumed to be a single business traveler.
When you upped the occupancy, the rate went to the standard rate for double occupancy.
Ding ding ding. See my previous post. Of course biz rates are heavily negotiated - and part of the terms of the deal is that there will usually only be one traveler.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 2:05 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott LT PE, NEXUS/GE
I stayed at this property in April and was charged 50 euros a night for a rollaway bed that was needed for my child.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 5:58 am

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Originally Posted by McScruffy
I stayed at this property in April and was charged 50 euros a night for a rollaway bed that was needed for my child.
I’ve been charged as much as €80 for a child’s rollaway in Europe.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 7:53 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr
What would make me feel better, which is impossible at this point, would be for the Marriott website to let me change the number of people in the room, and seeing with my own eyes the price for a second person... I don't know why Marriott's website doesn't let you do certain things including modifying the number of people in the room without losing the rate... it's hard to swallow that it is $50 to add a second person, when every test on the website reveals it is $12 to $15, including later dates with my corporate rate, although at a significantly higher base price...
FWIW, I tried a few corporate rate codes (which did not include breakfast) for the Fontecruz and for each one there was a Eur13 surcharge for the second guest. Breakfast is, according to the hotel website, Eur20 per person.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Jun 5, 2019 at 9:10 am
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
FWIW, I tried a few corporate rate codes (which did not include breakfast) for the Fontecruz and for each one there was a Eur13 surcharge for the second guest. Breakfast is, according to the hotel website, Eur20 per person.
This is what is irking me... that every second person charge is 13 euros (I thought 12, but I'll trust you're better at math) - I really feel this "50 euro" thing is just being pulled out of thin air...
Old Jun 6, 2019, 10:57 am

This is what is irking me... that every second person charge is 13 euros (I thought 12, but I'll trust you're better at math) - I really feel this "50 euro" thing is just being pulled out of thin air...
but doesn’t your rate include breakfast (so that’s baked into the rate)
Old Jun 6, 2019, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
So an update... I just tried to rebook at my corporate rate for 2 people, and the awesome rate re-appeared, and the second person is only 15 euro more (not 50 like Marriott and the hotel told me over the phone)... I wonder why the discrepancy?
Old Jun 6, 2019, 12:49 pm

the awesome rate re-appeared, and the second person is only 15 euro more (not 50 like Marriott and the hotel told me over the phone)...
Wait, all this previous stuff referenced a phone discussion? I'm not even being sarcastic here but are you sure it wasn't just an accent coming into play? Fif-TEEN versus fif-TY?
Old Jun 6, 2019, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Wait, all this previous stuff referenced a phone discussion? I'm not even being sarcastic here but are you sure it wasn't just an accent coming into play? Fif-TEEN versus fif-TY?
Yup absolutely positive... I called Marriott customer service and spoke to an American who said "fifty" - I responded "5-0", she said "yes, 50". When I spoke to the hotel person I also confirmed that it was "5-0", not "1-5" and that it seemed very high.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 1:07 pm

Haha, ok then. Well, take it if you can get it. Weird stuff happens sometimes.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Haha, ok then. Well, take it if you can get it. Weird stuff happens sometimes.
Yeah, that is why I prefer to see things on the App and to do these things myself... IT should program it where if you already have a room and want to add extra people that you should be able to without losing your rate... similar issues with National where if you try to change your pickup to an hour or two later on the app, if they are sold you, you are just out of luck, you can't actually change it if they are "sold-out" (though for national it usually does not matter at all if you pick up early or late)
Old Jun 7, 2019, 8:23 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott Bonvoy (Gold)
Just completed an award stay for 2 at the Memmo Principe Real in Lisbon and didn’t have any extra charge. I highly recommend the hotel if you are still looking. Excellent location and an amazing experience overall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.