Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

ITC Kohenur, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Hyderabad [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2019, 4:40 am
Original Poster

I'm surprised to not see anything about this hotel on FT. I've been staying here for two weeks now, and it is leaps and bounds better than the Westin Hyderabad that I spent a month in last.

Does anyone else have any experiences with this hotel?
Old Jul 30, 2019, 3:48 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Plat
I am curious myself as I am deciding between the two. Is the ITC worth extra money? How is the Marriott platinum recognition?

Last edited by jules1651; Jul 30, 2019 at 6:28 pm
Old Nov 18, 2019, 6:57 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
I am trying this on my next stay in Jan as it is cheaper than the Westin during my dates!
Old Dec 19, 2019, 9:41 pm

Programs: AA CK, Marriott LT Ti, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
I'm not a very verbose individual online when it comes to reviews, posts, etc. so feel free to ask questions if I don't provide the answers you're looking for.

I stayed at the ITC Kohenur for the first time this week, and similar to parklife, it was cheaper than the Westin. Given the holidays approaching, the city as a whole was slow re: business travelers, so you may experience differences during peak times.

The hotel itself is very nice. They spring for a mix of modern meets traditional Indian whereas the Westin is contemporary all around. As a Titanium member, I was upgraded to a suite from a towers room -- spacious, nice rainfall shower with separate tub, comfortable bed (remarkable since that usually isn't my first thought in a hotel when turning in). My room has a "lake view". I put in quotes because I can see the lake, albeit through the normal Hyderabadi haze. Also, don't think that this will be a picturesque lake view -- there is a mix of slum/construction in between the hotel and the lake.

Restaurant (Golcandola specifically) was good. I had dinner and the breakfast buffet while here, and the biryani is some of the best I've had in Hyderabad. The breakfast is the normal buffet with western and Indian mix -- dinner was more remarkable than breakfast.

Overall, I'm happy with the hotel and my choice which I would repeat again. I would prefer to stay at the ITC for the rooms compared to the Westin. As for service, it was hit or miss with the hits usually being later in the day.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by ttusqrl
I'm not a very verbose individual online when it comes to reviews, posts, etc. so feel free to ask questions if I don't provide the answers you're looking for.
Did you visit the gym? Interested on levels of equipment bar the normal splattering of cardio machines.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 7:17 am

I am staying here at the moment in an ITC One room with lake views, which was Ł100 a night cheaper than a basic room in the Westin. Similar to ttusqrl the lake is not very picturesque.

I am Marriott gold and was upgraded to a room with a balcony. Not much use to me, as it is noisy outside and the lake smells.

The room is nice, a lot of space. Big bathroom with 2 sinks, rainfall shower and separate bathtub. His and hers shampoo etc. The one negative is there is not much drawer space, but it is just me so not a big issue.

Nice breakfast buffet with plenty of choice and a good selection on the a la carte menu in Golcandola for all day dining. I haven't tried the other restaurants. Service is hit and miss - breakfast this morning had to ask 3 times for a cup of tea, and ordered eggs and toast but didn't get any toast. When I asked for some still didn't get any so went and did my own to have with my now cold eggs.

Plenty of water in the room each day, although this is not mineral water.

Gym is bigger than Westin, but pretty similar equipment. There is a rowing machine and 2 bikes which the Westin doesn't have. Actual dumbells only go up to 20K which is pretty useless. The smiths machine does allow you to use an Olympic bar as well as the fixed bar which is a great bonus. It also seems less busy.

Beds by the pool are damn uncomfortable, the ones at the Westin are much better. You also can't actually sit round the pool like the Westin, but are on a separate deck.

It is very quiet at the weekend, whereas the Westin always appeared more lively. The benefit is the rooms are very quiet unlike the Westin.

The car to and from the airport is about 3x the price of the Westin, although it was a BMW 7 series.

The lounge appears nowhere near as good as the Westin. The food in the evening has much less choice in comparison, however there is afternoon tea everyday, although being a Brit I thought it was quite poor - no scones!

It is not as convenient for me for the office, but I have a stay at the Westin booked for June, which I am going to switch to the ITC. It is similar pricing but overall the ITC edges the Westin for me personally,
Old Apr 11, 2020, 1:41 pm

Great reviews here. Wanted to add that the in-hotel restaurants Dum Pukht and Golconda Pavilion are excellent.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold 1MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Five Star
Any recent visits to know what benefits a Titanium would receive? Thnks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.