Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Thank you for your loyalty’ Gift Card Received via e-Mail

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Thank you for your loyalty’ Gift Card Received via e-Mail

Old Jun 3, 2019, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Thanks. Either I didn't receive one or it went into my spam & I deleted it w/o seeing it.

I did receive the emails telling me mattresses are on sale, to sign up for double elite night promo to help w/ my status (I'm LTT), and to get their credit card

Cheers.
Mr. only got a lot of emails from Bonvoy to tell him how to spend his points and no promotion whatsoever.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:02 pm

What does elevated amenity mean?

What are these "typical amenities" this document is referring to? Before offering "elevated" ones, I'd love a cookie and coffee drink...or anything at all really. I usually stay at mainline Marriotts so I'm not expecting caviar, but if they slipped a cheese plate under the door, that'd be stunning.

Also, Titanium & LTG...no gift cert offer, but my travel is on track to outpace last year.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:59 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
What if we received it but deleted it thinking it was just some random email? Is there any way to know if you received it or not? Lurkers?
Old Jun 3, 2019, 9:53 pm

Programs: Marriott LTPP
Originally Posted by rhg247

What does elevated amenity mean?

What are these "typical amenities" this document is referring to? Before offering "elevated" ones, I'd love a cookie and coffee drink...or anything at all really. I usually stay at mainline Marriotts so I'm not expecting caviar, but if they slipped a cheese plate under the door, that'd be stunning.

Also, Titanium & LTG...no gift cert offer, but my travel is on track to outpace last year.
Where did you find that targeted paper. I would like to see a copy of it.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 11:58 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by PrivatePilot
What if we received it but deleted it thinking it was just some random email? Is there any way to know if you received it or not? Lurkers?
Seriously??

I'm sure Marriott Customer Service has nothing better to do than field calls from everyone who did not receive a gift card and confirm for them that they did not receive a gift card.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Día Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Safti
Where did you find that targeted paper. I would like to see a copy of it.
Have a look here.

Marriott's targeted "Surprise and Delight" promotion
Old Jun 4, 2019, 5:19 am

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
I tried using mine yesterday at a JW Marriott restaurant. Was told "Sorry, we are not equipped to accept that, maybe if you were staying here the front desk could process it as a credit"
peroorim likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: Marriott LTPP
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Sorry, error comes up.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by rhg247
If I was at a hotel that slipped a cheese plate under the door I'd have some pretty big concerns about the gap between the floor and the bottom of the door!
rhg247 and peroorim like this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Día Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Safti
Sorry, error comes up.
Link works for me. You can also do a search for a thread with "surprise" in the title. Or go to the blog here.

https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.c...ft-initiative/
Old Jun 4, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
LT Titanium- nothing for me.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 10:14 am

Ambassador for past few years and got nothing. Had a lot of points trips at anything from Cat 2-7 properties over the past month and also didn't get any of the "Surprise and Delight" one free night refund.
lbbzman likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: BAEC G, Bonvoy T, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Titanium, lifetime gold.I used to be Platinum before the merger for the last 7 years... nothing received here
Old Jun 4, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Tit, Hertz PC
Context: Lifetime Plat, Ambassador for past 5-6 years, dropped to Titanium this year (preferred to get 80+ nights with Hyatt last year), and only a handful of stays/nights this year (already locked up Hyatt Globalist).

Didn't receive anything. Quite used to this as I almost never got anything as an Ambassador (just resentment). Most hotels still refer to me as Platinum. As long as my points start posting and IT issues get fixed, I'll survive.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
I got $30. Lifetime Gold. Other family members including one who is plat and travels a lot on company business, got nothing.

I hope there's no issue to use this on a hotel stay that was redeemed on Air Miles points in Waikiki.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.