Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Thank you for your loyalty’ Gift Card Received via e-Mail

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Thank you for your loyalty’ Gift Card Received via e-Mail

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2019, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Bonvoy LT Ti; National EE; WDW Passholder
Originally Posted by kaizen7
I believe the Surprise and Delight campaign is aimed at Ambassador members who redeeming their points.

I dont have any planned point booking for the campaign duration. So I wont get those point refund.
(unless Marriott decide to refund the cash paid stays but then if they somehow do that they are more than welcome to refund my stay at Raffles in few month time )

The gift card however, seems like randomly sent to elites.
No information about when this campaign end however (31 July together with the ambassador point refund?)
Yes, I redeemed points and did not receive the rebate, did not receive the letter, and did not receive the amenity as part of surprise and delight. The relevant point for this thread is, it's not like they're saying you either receive Surprise and Delight OR the gift card.

Cheers,
LBBZman

Last edited by lbbzman; Jun 2, 2019 at 12:27 am
Old Jun 1, 2019, 3:56 pm

Programs: Marriott LTPP
Originally Posted by pewpew
I'm an Ambassador. Living in Canada, I didn't receive the laptop folder. I also haven't received this. Nice.
I'm Ambassador living in Canada as well. Just got my laptop folder (cheap looking) yesterday. I would have preferred a $100 gift card.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 4:21 pm

Programs: Marriott: Titanium, SQ: Gold, UA: Silver, Hilton: Diamond, Wyndham - Diamond, TR - Diamond
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I don't think these two are mutually exclusive. Targeted means it is not open to everyone. Random is a little harder to identify as no one has been able to figure out the algorithm that Marriott/Starwood has been using for the past few years to decide who gets the targeted offers. On the SPG forum, people tried to link targeted promos to status, points in account, past reservations, future reservations, wearing your lucky underwear, and none of it made sense, hence the word "random". The only thing I've noticed for this particular promo, is that none of the Ambassador Elites seem to have got it, but as mentioned earlier that might have to do with their own "Surprise and Delight" offers.
Originally Posted by Kacee
Yeah that's really not a legit conclusion. 46 nights YTD and over $11k in spend and I got $50.
Originally Posted by kalo93406
Targeted is not "totally randomly". In general it seems as those who are LESS loyal are getting the loyalty bonus.. I've read a large number of posts here and on a couple other boards and to me it seems like people who have generally stayed fewer nights or maybe less than in the past are getting these. Just my guess. Not at all sure what the real criteria is. Not random though.
By definition, anything other than random IS targeted. If they use any criteria other than random that is a targeted program. I indicated "generally", just a guess and I have no idea what the criteria is. Nice some people are getting some rewards. Others who are staying many nights might be a little miffed though. I've stayed lots of nights in Asia with many upgrades and benefits, I don't have many complaints with Bonvoy. Love the name too.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 4:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by kalo93406
If they use any criteria other than random that is a targeted program.I indicated "generally", just a guess and I have no idea what the criteria is.
The other possibility is that the implementation is not following the intended criteria. With Marriott IT, this possibility should not be discounted.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 8:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum / Titanium, AA Executive Platinum
I received it as well

I received the $50 which I will put to good use this month. It was a pleasant surprise. I am lifetime Platinum, currently Titanium, and have 54 nights YTD if that means anything.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 8:50 pm

I complained to my ambassador about not being selected for the elite thank you initiative and he told me the gifts were distributed randomly. Not sure if he was just making up an excuse on the go, though. I rarely require his assistance anyway , it’s just pointless...
kalo93406 likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 2:37 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Its randomly targeted
kalo93406 and yule_boy like this.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 7:05 am

Programs: Delta, Marriott
I am a Titanium/Titanium Lifetime with 1600 nights, and I have not yet received this...
Old Jun 2, 2019, 12:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by LedgeT
“Your Gift from Marriott Bonvoy”
Thanks. Either I didn't receive one or it went into my spam & I deleted it w/o seeing it.

I did receive the emails telling me mattresses are on sale, to sign up for double elite night promo to help w/ my status (I'm LTT), and to get their credit card

Cheers.
kalo93406 and lexdevil like this.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 2:22 pm

Got it as Bonvoy Gold.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
My dad got $30 as Gold. He hasn't stayed any nights this year. LT night count <25. (His status was from cc.)
Old Jun 2, 2019, 8:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Lifetime titanium, non US based.

Nada

I hope it is not random and that they put thought into this - high spenders, people whose spending dropped off a cliff (I only have 33 nights as I've switched a lot to Hyatt) to get them back etc, people who complained a lot, whatever something that shows Marriott actually thinks about consumers and put thought into this.

But that would be giving them too much credit.
CLEguy likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 8:29 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by DamoTime
Also got this. Titanium Elite -- no LT status.
LT Titanium and I got a rock.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 8:38 pm

Lifetime Titanium. Doodly.

Only 1 night so far this year, though
Old Jun 2, 2019, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I did receive the emails telling me mattresses are on sale, to sign up for double elite night promo to help w/ my status (I'm LTT)
Some folks care about SNAs (and others of us imagine a day when LT Amb is a thing).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.