Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Thank you for your loyalty’ Gift Card Received via e-Mail

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Thank you for your loyalty’ Gift Card Received via e-Mail

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2019, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kalo93406
Targeted is not "totally randomly". In general it seems as those who are LESS loyal are getting the loyalty bonus.. I've read a large number of posts here and on a couple other boards and to me it seems like people who have generally stayed fewer nights or maybe less than in the past are getting these. Just my guess. Not at all sure what the real criteria is. Not random though.
If that is the case you allude to, then my husgand's account should have received at least the $30. He has very few stays the past 12 months, all pt redemption also. He got nada. ditto as another friend who is Plat from Ritz credit card - he had a mixed of pt and pay stays and he got nada.
Old May 30, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat
$50 -- platinum and LTG. 28 nights this year (15 from CC). Did not receive any other targeted offer yet this year.

Really glad I saw this thread because I didn't notice the email!
Old May 30, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Current and Lifetime Titanium Elite and received $50 e-card yesterday.

My stays count is wait down this year due to ongoing Marriott service issues, and this $50...while appreciated, is the least they could for all of my wasted time dealing with their screw-ups.

As a point of reference, Fairmont used to offer a $50 e-card to all Platinums without the fanfare.
Old May 30, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Titanium. So far I'm $50 short of a $50 gift card.
Old May 30, 2019, 4:22 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Current and Lifetime Titanium Elite and received $50 e-card yesterday.

My stays count is wait down this year due to ongoing Marriott service issues, and this $50...while appreciated, is the least they could for all of my wasted time dealing with their screw-ups.

As a point of reference, Fairmont used to offer a $50 e-card to all Platinums without the fanfare.
Not Lifetime Titanium, just regular Titanium, this year my stays count is way way down and I received the $50 e-card.
Old May 30, 2019, 4:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Targeted is not "totally randomly". In general it seems as those who are LESS loyal are getting the loyalty bonus.
Yeah that's really not a legit conclusion. 46 nights YTD and over $11k in spend and I got $50.
Happy and margarita girl like this.
Old May 30, 2019, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
President's Club was a great program.
Old May 30, 2019, 4:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Just in case I dumped it into my spam (although I don't think I received an email), what's the subject line of the email?

Cheers.
Old May 30, 2019, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Targeted is not "totally randomly".
I don't think these two are mutually exclusive. Targeted means it is not open to everyone. Random is a little harder to identify as no one has been able to figure out the algorithm that Marriott/Starwood has been using for the past few years to decide who gets the targeted offers. On the SPG forum, people tried to link targeted promos to status, points in account, past reservations, future reservations, wearing your lucky underwear, and none of it made sense, hence the word "random". The only thing I've noticed for this particular promo, is that none of the Ambassador Elites seem to have got it, but as mentioned earlier that might have to do with their own "Surprise and Delight" offers.
Happy and CCIE_Flyer like this.
Old May 30, 2019, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, MR Titanium, MR LTP, AA PlatPro, DL PM, UA Silver
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Just in case I dumped it into my spam (although I don't think I received an email), what's the subject line of the email?

Cheers.
“Your Gift from Marriott Bonvoy”
Old May 30, 2019, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
LTT and 46 nights

And no email
Old Jun 1, 2019, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Bonvoy LT Ti; National EE; WDW Passholder
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I don't think these two are mutually exclusive. Targeted means it is not open to everyone. Random is a little harder to identify as no one has been able to figure out the algorithm that Marriott/Starwood has been using for the past few years to decide who gets the targeted offers. On the SPG forum, people tried to link targeted promos to status, points in account, past reservations, future reservations, wearing your lucky underwear, and none of it made sense, hence the word "random". The only thing I've noticed for this particular promo, is that none of the Ambassador Elites seem to have got it, but as mentioned earlier that might have to do with their own "Surprise and Delight" offers.
This Ambassador received neither the gift card nor a "surprise and delight" offer.

Cheers,
LBBZman
Old Jun 1, 2019, 2:30 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by lbbzman
This Ambassador received neither the gift card nor a "surprise and delight" offer.

Cheers,
LBBZman
I believe the Surprise and Delight campaign is aimed at Ambassador members who redeeming their points.

I dont have any planned point booking for the campaign duration. So I wont get those point refund.
(unless Marriott decide to refund the cash paid stays but then if they somehow do that they are more than welcome to refund my stay at Raffles in few month time )

The gift card however, seems like randomly sent to elites.
No information about when this campaign end however (31 July together with the ambassador point refund?)
Old Jun 1, 2019, 2:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by bigshooter
Same here. Does anyone know if these can be applied towards room rate or is it just for "retail, spa, golf, and food and beverage".
I called the Gift Card dedicated phone number.
I was told that the fifty bucks can be used towards the cost of the room.

Newman
Old Jun 1, 2019, 2:47 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Received $50 gift card.

Lifetime Platinum - 57 nights YTD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.