Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Thank you for your loyalty’ Gift Card Received via e-Mail

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Thank you for your loyalty’ Gift Card Received via e-Mail

Old May 30, 2019, 2:35 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Newman
Andrew Fleuck, how do I love thee?
Let me count the ways!
Well, not enough to even get his name right it seems ...
Old May 30, 2019, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
ambassador & lifetime titanium....nothing so far....
Old May 30, 2019, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
1) Seems to me that not a single Ambassador member got this gift card. (Yes, I know a lot of Tits and Plats did not get it either.) If anyone is Amb Elite and has got it, can you let us know? Also, I don't recall anyone on FT getting $100 gift card (even though some of the blogs have mentioned it). If you did get $100, can you give us your status level?

2) If you're not planning on spending your gift card in the near future, or if you lose a lot of things, I suggest registering your gift card at https://gifts.marriott.com/. If you misplace the gift card/email, you can report it lost and get another one.
dgreen12, JBauer and unclepants like this.
Old May 30, 2019, 4:46 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
LTT Zippo.
Old May 30, 2019, 5:52 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by margarita girl
1) Seems to me that not a single Ambassador member got this gift card. (Yes, I know a lot of Tits and Plats did not get it either.) If anyone is Amb Elite and has got it, can you let us know? Also, I don't recall anyone on FT getting $100 gift card (even though some of the blogs have mentioned it). If you did get $100, can you give us your status level?
If you read upthread, there’s a blog post which shows what Ambassadors will get. Apparently, their award redemptions will be refunded by one night on a award stay. Also, there will be a better local amenity on arrival.
Old May 30, 2019, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
"May be refunded" not "will..."
Old May 30, 2019, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by uxb

If you read upthread, there’s a blog post which shows what Ambassadors will get. Apparently, their award redemptions will be refunded by one night on a award stay. Also, there will be a better local amenity on arrival.
Pretty sure that is not every ambassador. It was positioned as a "surprise and delight" type of thing...not a sure thing.
And as I don't have an award stay booked or contemplated at the moment, would seem kinda dopey instead of a gift card that I could use during one of my many paid stays.
Old May 30, 2019, 7:03 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Titanium & LT Plat with 34 nights this year - no email. I have yet to be surprised and delighted above the normal occasional room upgrades.
Old May 30, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Amex Plat, National Elite
Titanium Elite with 83 nights this year and no email.

Spend about $3500 / month at Marriott and really a $50 gift card is barely a gesture. ...., I paid $75 for a drink and meal (Lamb, mmmmmm yummy) last night. LOL.

I am not knocking it off, I just decided to "chime-in"..
Old May 30, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by lexdevil
Pretty sure that gift cost less than $50. If it didn't, Marriott was robbed.
Oh, I completely agree. But then a $50 Marriott gift card costs Marriott far less than $50, too. I wasn't trying to compare the gifts financially, just saying I thought the Ambassador gift was a nice, unexpected surprise.
Old May 30, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum
Additional data points: Nada for me or my husband. I’m Plat with 31 nights this year (and 6 more booked) husband is Plat with 47 nights this year (with 4 more booked) and is lifetime gold.
Old May 30, 2019, 8:32 am

I got $30. I'm a measly Silver and that's only because I used to have the Chase card until about three months ago. A total of two paid nights in the past year (plus seven award nights). Used to stay at Marriott a lot more (still have about 250,000 points) but business travel is way down from prior years. Even so, I was never more than Gold.
Old May 30, 2019, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

By now people should come to the conclusion that this is totally randomly selected and has nothing to do with your past / current stay record. There are Silvers and Golds received the $30 being reported all over net for example.

For example I got the $50 as Titanium but all my stays since Q4 2018 are point redemption with only 1 pay night this Apr, at a Fairfield JFK. A friend, a Titanium, also has only point redemption the past 6 months, she also got the $50.
Old May 30, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: Marriott: Titanium, SQ: Gold, UA: Silver, Hilton: Diamond, Wyndham - Diamond, TR - Diamond
Originally Posted by Happy
totally randomly
Targeted is not "totally randomly". In general it seems as those who are LESS loyal are getting the loyalty bonus.. I've read a large number of posts here and on a couple other boards and to me it seems like people who have generally stayed fewer nights or maybe less than in the past are getting these. Just my guess. Not at all sure what the real criteria is. Not random though.
peroorim likes this.
Old May 30, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Do Someone else haven’t got any targeted promotion this year and no Voucher gift also ?

Just to understand if maybe Marriott have cancelled my email address on their list 😃

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.