Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Thank you for your loyalty’ Gift Card Received via e-Mail

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Thank you for your loyalty’ Gift Card Received via e-Mail

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2019, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by DaveMidknight
As far as I read the terms and conditions you can use the gift card to pay for a room, You just can't not make a reservation, deposit or advanced purchase with it.
Do any hotel brands allow gift cards on a pre-paid rate? Now I have both Marriott and Best Western cards that work this way.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:41 am

Another DATA point, my wife a Lifetime Titanium and current Ambassador did not receive the laptop case (she does not carry a laptop anyway) nor did she receive the gift card in any amount, honestly she is not surprised, she is rarely targeted for anything above and beyond the normal promotions.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by kmersh
Another DATA point, my wife a Lifetime Titanium and current Ambassador did not receive the laptop case (she does not carry a laptop anyway) nor did she receive the gift card in any amount, honestly she is not surprised, she is rarely targeted for anything above and beyond the normal promotions.
Ambassador Elites aren't supposed to get the gift card. They are targeted for points back with the Surprise and Delight promo.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Ambassador Elites aren't supposed to get the gift card. They are targeted for points back with the Surprise and Delight promo.
Did not know that, she does not redeem points for stays she mostly stays for work and her employer pays.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 7:07 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Bupkes. LTT
Old Jun 22, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Yes, but Marriott continues to insist on surprising and delighting a subset of their loyalty base, generating lots of goodwill with certain fortunate ones, and considerable ill will with the rest. As a DP, I just completed two award stays totaling something north of 1/3 of a million points - nada.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 12:22 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Same - as a non-US resident I have nowhere near the amount of points as many others here as 100% of my points come from personal Marriott stays, but unusually I’ve already had 12 nights on points this year pretty much wiping out my balance and certainly no thank you’s or delights.
margarita girl and CCIE_Flyer like this.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 7:37 am

As I noted much earlier in the thread, I got the $50 off gift card. And at a weekend stay, the hotel flatly refused to honor it, insisting that I had to use during the reservation process. I was wasn’t in the mood to turn it into a battle, so I let it go for the moment.

Anyone else have experience with the hotel refusing to honor the gift card? What’s the best way to rectify or at least make sure it doesn’t happen again?
Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:53 am
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
I used my card without any issues at a recent stay.
The 50 USD converts to the local hotel currency which worked out to around 67 bucks.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 4:00 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by jakers3200
...What’s the best way to rectify or at least make sure it doesn’t happen again?
Our apologies for any inconvenience. If you send us the details of this stay to the email address below, we would be glad to follow up on your behalf.

[email protected]
Old Jul 6, 2019, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Our apologies for any inconvenience. If you send us the details of this stay to the email address below, we would be glad to follow up on your behalf.

[email protected]
thanks! Email sent and sounds like your team is working it.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bdschobel
I had a bad -- but not THAT bad -- experience on Sunday. The front desk clerk at Princeton (NJ) Residence Inn saw the words "participating hotels" and froze like a deer in headlights. She didn't know if her hotel participated! I assured her that it's a normal Marriott gift card that virtually any hotel would accept. She said -- amazingly -- that her hotel is a "franchise" (duh), and franchises don't necessarily participate in such things. Good grief.

After much back and forth, becoming less pleasant by the minute, she called her GM at home (on Sunday) and confirmed that she could accept the $50 e-card. And she did.

Bruce
I start to think it is best to register the e-card online and make a print out of your Marriott gift card account which would show the item. Then use the print out, together with the PIN info for the front desk agent to manually process it.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 2:24 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

I received $50 GC. But the front desk at Atlantis refused to take. He said the hotel does not take any of those.

It is fine. I'm sure I can use it elsewhere.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 3:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, National Executive Elite
Tried to use my $50 Marriott GC at the restaurant in the W DC. 30 min later of the manager calling corporate and then trying to enter the code, she says it doesn't work. Ironic that the free gift cards they give away to compensate for the Bonvoy madness just Bonvoyed me trying to use it.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by bdschobel
I suspect that wouldn’t have helped. The woman at the front desk couldn’t be convinced that her hotel (a franchise) took gift cards at all.

Bruce
Originally Posted by RedSun
I received $50 GC. But the front desk at Atlantis refused to take. He said the hotel does not take any of those.

It is fine. I'm sure I can use it elsewhere.
This is a very worrisome development. Of course this is exactly when you would need some of the lurkers to take action ... any general update on this situation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.