Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Combining Citi Prestige 4th night free with RC club level upgrade

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2019, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat

Just curious, anyone with success combining the Citi Prestige 4th night free booking and RC club level upgrade certificate? If so, any tips on how to book the eligible rate using Citi Prestige?
Old May 28, 2019, 1:14 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by shihyin
Just curious, anyone with success combining the Citi Prestige 4th night free booking and RC club level upgrade certificate? If so, any tips on how to book the eligible rate using Citi Prestige?
I'm not familiar enough to answer, but since Citi is going to force all these bookings to be through their website as of Sept even if it is possible to have the concierge book the Z38 rate code now it won't be possible for much longer.
Old May 28, 2019, 10:36 pm

sure, but through Aug 31, you can still book any available rate, and it's not even June yet, so ...

In my experience, if you contact the Citibank Thank You concierge by email or by phone, they will book anything you can book directly with Marriott or the property. It helps if you give them detailed instructions, such as rate code, corp code, rate name/type, prepaid or postpaid, so they can reproduce the booking. They've made calls and emails directly to properties on my behalf when that was the only way to book the rate I wanted.

Is it just rate code Z38? If you confirm availability and then contact them and give the information, they should be able to book it for you. We were also able to combine 4th night free with hotels nth night free bookings in the past. All of that will be lost soon, unfortunately, so take advantage of it while you still can!

-David
Old May 29, 2019, 6:06 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Technically the Z38 rate should only be bookable by using and paying with the Ritz card. In practice I'm not sure how well it is enforced and how motivated will be the agent taking the reservation or the hotel insist on that.

The one time I used them the hotel could care less with which card I've paid in the end - but as the 4th night require UPFRONT booking with a none Ritz card it might be problematic.
Old May 29, 2019, 8:05 am

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
I'm not familiar enough to answer, but since Citi is going to force all these bookings to be through their website as of Sept even if it is possible to have the concierge book the Z38 rate code now it won't be possible for much longer.
I've seen a number of people say this, but I'm not sure why. This is what was in the email they sent out on November 9th (Bolding is mine):Complimentary 4th Night
can be redeemed two times per calendar year. Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019 will not count toward your two redemptions for 2019.4

4Cardmembers will enjoy a complimentary fourth night with no black-out dates ("Fourth Night"), when booking at least four consecutive nights at any hotel only through thankyou.com or by phone at 1-800-THANKYOU (powered by Connexions) or the Citi Prestige Concierge (the "Citi Prestige Concierge" is Aspire Lifestyles) and subject to additional requirements stated below. The amount due to you for the Fourth Night benefit will be based on the average nightly rate of your stay (excluding taxes and fees). When booked through the Citi Prestige Concierge, you will receive a statement credit for this amount within two billing cycles. When booked through thankyou.com or 1‑800‑THANKYOU, the complimentary night savings will be provided at the time of booking.
Old May 29, 2019, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by some dude
I've seen a number of people say this, but I'm not sure why. This is what was in the email they sent out on November 9th (Bolding is mine):Complimentary 4th Night
can be redeemed two times per calendar year. Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019 will not count toward your two redemptions for 2019.4

4Cardmembers will enjoy a complimentary fourth night with no black-out dates ("Fourth Night"), when booking at least four consecutive nights at any hotel only through thankyou.com or by phone at 1-800-THANKYOU (powered by Connexions) or the Citi Prestige Concierge (the "Citi Prestige Concierge" is Aspire Lifestyles) and subject to additional requirements stated below. The amount due to you for the Fourth Night benefit will be based on the average nightly rate of your stay (excluding taxes and fees). When booked through the Citi Prestige Concierge, you will receive a statement credit for this amount within two billing cycles. When booked through thankyou.com or 1‑800‑THANKYOU, the complimentary night savings will be provided at the time of booking.
Booking through the concierge will end on 8/31/2019 -

Cardmembers will enjoy a complimentary fourth night with no black-out dates (“Fourth Night”), when booking at least four consecutive nights at any hotel only through Thankyou.com or by phone at 1-800-ThankYou (powered by Connexions) or the Citi Prestige Concierge (the “Citi Prestige Concierge” is Aspire Lifestyles) and subject to additional requirements stated below. Beginning 09/01/19, Citi Prestige Concierge will no longer be available for Fourth Night bookings and bookings must be made either online at ThankYou.com or by phone at 1-800-ThankYou in order to be eligible for the Fourth Night benefit. The amount due to you for the Fourth Night benefit will be based on the average nightly rate of your stay (excluding taxes and fees). When booked through the Citi Prestige Concierge, you will receive a statement credit for this amount within two billing cycles. When booked through Thankyou.com or 1-800-ThankYou, the complimentary night savings will be provided at the time of booking.
Old May 29, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
Originally Posted by longtimereader firstimeposter
Booking through the concierge will end on 8/31/2019 .
Thanks for that quote, putting that into google led me to this:
https://information.citi.com/prestige/intro

And yes, I agree that's what it says there ... It's interesting that the email they sent out had different text and implied that the concierge would remain.

Very unfortunate ... Booking through thankyou.com will mean that the stays will not be eligible for any FF benefits (including elite nights, upgrades, breakfast, etc) ... Personally, even if they didn't have the two night per year cap, I'd use this zero times
Old May 29, 2019, 1:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
There is quite a long discussion on the Citi forum about the discrepancy between the e-mail they originally sent and the actual language of the terms on the website.
Old May 29, 2019, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

It turns out that Z38 only bookable by phone. It is not possible to book the upgrade eligible rate online. So not possible to combine with Citi Prestige benefit.
Old May 29, 2019, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by shihyin
It turns out that Z38 only bookable by phone. It is not possible to book the upgrade eligible rate online. So not possible to combine with Citi Prestige benefit.
Did you call them?

Booking only by phone does not, in itself, make the booking ineligible for 4th night free under the current rules. (Although in this specific case per a post above, if you have to use RC card for the Z38 booking that might make it ineligible. But that has nothing to do with booking it by phone.)

See my post above. Call them. Or if they already have your info on file, you can email them. Just tell them it has to be booked by phone. If they can book it for you, they will.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; May 29, 2019 at 8:40 pm
Old Jun 2, 2019, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

The Z38 needs to be booked with RC card although we don't know how it will be enforced. We also found out that the Z38 rate is much higher than the AAA rate (about 100 euro per night). It also make it less desirable to pay extra in order to have club access, as the AAA rate already include breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.